ADVERTISEMENT

Zion picks Duke

I was actually one of those that thought Trent could be back, but he’s really improving so we will see. Carter will definitely be gone.
Trent staying would be the only one that wouldnt COMPLETELY shock me. Especially before this run that he went on the last 3 or 4 games. But he's gone IMO. I fully expect the entire starting 5 to be gone. But man Trent would be that one piece that you would love to have next year with who we have coming in. I guy can dream I guess.

Trent staying would be the only one that wouldnt COMPLETELY shock me. Especially before this run that he went on the last 3 or 4 games. But he's gone IMO. I fully expect the entire starting 5 to be gone. But man Trent would be that one piece that you would love to have next year with who we have coming in. I guy can dream I guess.
His shooting would be huge for next year.

I would think Carter would be bigger than Trent but doubt K can make that happen. I assume he is gone.

I would think Carter would be bigger than Trent but doubt K can make that happen. I assume he is gone.
Yea. i kinda meant he would be best of some one who I thought had even a slight chance of coming back. I'm not even going to dream of Carter coming back

Reactions: tw3301
Congrats on taking the mantle from UK fans getting upset when they lose a recruit.
tenor.gif

Reactions: denniden
Since you are a golfer know you gamble Lol so I will give you good odds that he is not back next year

Carter won’t be back. He needs to go to the NBA. I think he’s going to be a very good NBA player as well. I suspect once individual teams can bring him in for workouts, they will get a better sense of what he can do.

Reactions: LTDukeFan
I've enjoyed watching Carter play just as much as Bagley. The guy is a bull down low and he is getting better. Even extending his game out to the 3. Bagley is smoother and fancier but Carter just seems more old school. But he still has great post moves. Him and Bagley complement each other well

Yeah, Carter is an absolute beast. Non-Duke fans I don't think really appreciate how damn good he is. Come on... a physically dominant big man who averages 14 and 9 with 2 blocks a game, and also shoots nearly 50 percent from three, who gets fewer than 9 shots a game? WTF?

Reactions: Quavarius
He was never going to KU or UK.

I’m shocked he chose Duke because there was no buzz going that way. I figured he was going to Clemson with the very outside shot at North Carolina. So congrats Blue Devils! Very impressive haul by K. Best ever likely.

I hope he snaps both Achilles in his first practice. Love e your home state my ass. He picked Duke because he is a bitch and can't lead a team without other stars.
You should post more often cock fans are the best on the main board.

Congrats once again dukies. Kids a stud and in Cameron he will never see a charge when in the low post. Problem is you still play on the road.

Only in conference so the joke is on you.
I'm deeply offended by your sentiments. Trent better take advantage of transferring as he will see less time than bolden has in two years next year. Btw it's great you have the top 3 who basically play the same position, but are you expecting bolden or the other guy who doesn't enjoy the floor slapping fun to step in and be a bagley next year? Just curious as to your thoughts since Zion is 6"6 and he will be expected to be the brunt of muscle down low next year. Your best chance to win it all is this year. I'm not too worried about playing you guys next year. We will be returning most of our team and all of the pressure is on another duke super team. We won't be expected to dominate that game but I guarantee you it will be a good one

I'm deeply offended by your sentiments. Trent better take advantage of transferring as he will see less time than bolden has in two years next year. Btw it's great you have the top 3 who basically play the same position, but are you expecting bolden or the other guy who doesn't enjoy the floor slapping fun to step in and be a bagley next year? Just curious as to your thoughts since Zion is 6"6 and he will be expected to be the brunt of muscle down low next year. Your best chance to win it all is this year. I'm not too worried about playing you guys next year. We will be returning most of our team and all of the pressure is on another duke super team. We won't be expected to dominate that game but I guarantee you it will be a good one

anigif_enhanced-5473-1428287017-2.gif

You will be returning most of your team that is not currently in the top 25 minus your 4 best players. Not sure that is very reassuring. Speaking of which, I'm assuming Knox, Diallo, Gilgeous- Alexander (sp?), and Vanderbilt are all out the door. What about Washington? Is he expected to stay/go?

You will be returning most of your team that is not currently in the top 25 minus your 4 best players. Not sure that is very reassuring. Speaking of which, I'm assuming Knox, Diallo, Gilgeous- Alexander (sp?), and Vanderbilt are all out the door. What about Washington? Is he expected to stay/go?
Not a snowballs chance in hell. Knox is the only one ready to go the rest better plan on classes for next year. They aren't ready we are way too inconsistent and unranked. Monk is better than any of those guys and he isn't in the normal rotation in the NBA drafted 11th. Before you bash him just be reminded we have four guys on the NBA all star team so cal is doing something right. Two of them are starters and hands down the best at their positions in the league

Why the saltiness?

BTW, all the pressure on Duke is nothing new. Been under a microscope, whether they are good or bad, since the mid 80’s.

5bd.gif

Not saying that at all. Am I disappointed? Sure. But let's be honest recruiting changes like the wind and k won't be around forever. Eventually a decision will have to be made do you take capel and his past failures as a head coach or do you go get Hurley back and hope capel isn't deeply offended? Personally, I would take Hurley.

@denniden, as a poor I can only respond so much and I respect your opinion. That said can you get me back on DI so I can say hello to my friends please? I miss them. As for being salty, I was simply asking if you guys worry about those things next year at all?

Last edited:
Why the saltiness?

BTW, all the pressure on Duke is nothing new. Been under a microscope, whether they are good or bad, since the mid 80’s.

I think a lot has to do with the fact Cal whiffed on his top 3 recruits in this class. I’m sure not even making the top 4 for his most prized recruit of this class didn’t help.

Not a snowballs chance in hell. Knox is the only one ready to go the rest better plan on classes for next year. They aren't ready we are way too inconsistent and unranked. Monk is better than any of those guys and he isn't in the normal rotation in the NBA drafted 11th. Before you bash him just be reminded we have four guys on the NBA all star team so cal is doing something right. Two of them are starters and hands down the best at their positions in the league

The four I mentioned are currently listed as first rounders in mock drafts. Knox and Diallo are definitely gone.

congrats duke. absolutely unreal rosters for duke this year and next.

literally took our manhood from us at UK over the past 7 months... that on top of us having a team turmoil ........ it just sucks. but at least we're not UL.... things dont get much worse than what their fans have.

congrats duke. absolutely unreal rosters for duke this year and next.

literally took our manhood from us at UK over the past 7 months... that on top of us having a team turmoil ........ it just sucks. but at least we're not UL.... things dont get much worse than what their fans have.

Thank You for being objective.

Why the saltiness?

I actually respect you denniden if you could get me back on to dukes board I'll say a quick hello as well. Im just playing devils advocate (pun intended) wha
The four I mentioned are currently listed as first rounders in mock drafts. Knox and Diallo are definitely gone.
and I could make a mock draft saying the same thing. They are as worthless as preseason rankings

I think Shai Alexander might be the guy with the most potential on Kentucky's team. I think he's worthy of a 1st Round pick, personally... I don't get the whole "they play the same position" argument. RJ and Cam on the wings, and Zion at the 4. Pretty simple.

2018 lineups-

Duke:
Tre Jones, 6'2 Fr
RJ Barrett, 6'7 Fr
Cam Reddish, 6'7 Fr
Zion Williamson, 6'6 Fr
Marques Bolden, 6'11 Jr

Bench (in order of PT): Javin DeLaurier, Alex O'Connell, Jordan Goldwire

Kentucky:
Quade Green, 6'0 So
Immanuel Quickley, 6'3 Fr
Keldon Johnson, 6'6 Fr
PJ Washington, 6'7 So
Nick Richards, 6'11 So

Bench: Wenyen Gabriel, Tyler Herro, Sacha Killeya-Jones, Jemarl Baker

I think Shai Alexander might be the guy with the most potential on Kentucky's team. I think he's worthy of a 1st Round pick, personally... I don't get the whole "they play the same position" argument. RJ and Cam on the wings, and Zion at the 4. Pretty simple.

2018 lineups-

Duke:
Tre Jones, 6'2 Fr
RJ Barrett, 6'7 Fr
Cam Reddish, 6'7 Fr
Zion Williamson, 6'6 Fr
Marques Bolden, 6'11 Jr

Bench (in order of PT): Javin DeLaurier, Alex O'Connell, Jordan Goldwire

Kentucky:
Quade Green, 6'0 So
Immanuel Quickley, 6'3 Fr
Keldon Johnson, 6'6 Fr
PJ Washington, 6'7 So
Nick Richards, 6'11 So

Bench: Wenyen Gabriel, Tyler Herro, Sacha Killeya-Jones, Jemarl Baker
I bet Gabriel is gone next season. Not because he's a first round draft pick but because his family needs the money.

I bet Gabriel is gone next season. Not because he's a first round draft pick but because his family needs the money.

I'd say there's a decent chance he leaves, I remember hearing about those financial struggles. I think Knox, Diallo, and SGA are locks to leave. Question marks would be Washington, Vanderbilt, and Gabriel.

If I had to guess I'd think Knox, Diallo, SGA, Gabriel, and Vanderbilt would leave. Of course I could be totally wrong; only a guessing game.

Reactions: tw3301
PJ Washington will be gone too. He's been looking better and better of late and when does a player with an upward trajectory throughout the course of a season ever come back at Kentucky?

PJ Washington will be gone too. He's been looking better and better of late and when does a player with an upward trajectory throughout the course of a season ever come back at Kentucky?
Has he been on an upward trajectory though?

Has he been on an upward trajectory though?
Not as much as I thought lol...he did go 22/6/2 on Tuesday though. He just doesn't seem like a guy who's going to come back.

Sacha Killeya-Jones would be killing it for UVA right now. Oh well.

ADVERTISEMENT