ADVERTISEMENT

Zion/Nike

Here’s my thing, I freely admit I don’t completely understand the NCAA and how it works but from what I get they’re suppose to make sure every team walks a straight line. Well if teams are getting caught on wire taps, fraud, giving players cars to drive and everything else and then not doing anything what good are they? Doesn’t make any sense to me!

Here’s my thing, I freely admit I don’t completely understand the NCAA and how it works but from what I get they’re suppose to make sure every team walks a straight line. Well if teams are getting caught on wire taps, fraud, giving players cars to drive and everything else and then not doing anything what good are they? Doesn’t make any sense to me!

The NCAA makes 90% of their annual profit off the NCAA Tournament. They have a vested interest in ensuring their high profile teams have high profile players who people want to tune into and watch in March.

Roy has said similar things before. I think Cal has as well actually. They all know what goes down with certain coaches. I know at times you can look at a list of a guy and tell by their schools the chances were slim of landing him. Often schools are window dressing and their times where coaches will drop out all of a sudden for no apparent reason but everyone kind of knows why.

Roy has said similar things before. I think Cal has as well actually. They all know what goes down with certain coaches. I know at times you can look at a list of a guy and tell by their schools the chances were slim of landing him. Often schools are window dressing and their times where coaches will drop out all of a sudden for no apparent reason but everyone kind of knows why.
I agree. There's a few schools that I cringe when I look at the recruit's list, because I just figure the kid's parents are going to land jobs, a house, or a duffel bag full of cash.

Not to say that I think UK isn't doing something, but I don't think they're willing to get into a blatant bidding war like some of these other guys like Will Wade, Sean Miller, or Jeff Capel.

I've always felt a little pain and a little relief after Zion stated UK wasn't even in his top 3 for consideration. Maybe we wouldn't get gray enough?

RollLaugh

Lemme guess, that woman compliance person, I forget her name... she is keeping Cal on the straight and narrow, right?;)

Wouldn’t be shocked at all if Zion was paid. That seems to be the way it goes.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
RollLaugh

Lemme guess, that woman compliance person, I forget her name... she is keeping Cal on the straight and narrow, right?;)

Wouldn’t be shocked at all if Zion was paid. That seems to be the way it goes.

Anyone would be naive to think it doesn’t happen at all major schools to some degree. But here’s an honest question...Do you think Coach K could stand up to the scrutiny that Cal has by dudes like Forde, Thamel, etc? The first 4 years he was at Kentucky they crawled up his ass with a microscope.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
The thing is if it’s true, the NCAA has to look into it period. Can’t be out there hammering KU, UofL etc for the exact same issue! He should have to at least, go on record under oath, and admit or deny... If and I would say it’s not if at this point, but how much! Never thought it made sense that 3 players that basically played the same position, to go to the same school? Just really made no sense and Reddish paid the price for that mistake. He would have been a top five pick at another school. I get two going, but not all three, basically all three were alfa types in high school. Reddish basically was a role player most of his one season at Duke.

Do you think Coach K could stand up to the scrutiny that Cal has by dudes like Forde, Thamel, etc? The first 4 years he was at Kentucky they crawled up his ass with a microscope.
Nobody has ever been out to get Kentucky or Cal. Those guys do that with everybody. You just only notice when he talks about your team.

I think if I’m KU and UofL and the rest, I would just point to Zion.... Because at the end of the day, they did the same thing Zion and Duke are being accused of and nothing is being done to Duke. If you don’t include them no way I give a crap going forward! Fight them all the way, if UK gets caught the same for them! Can’t cherry pick schools for breaking the rules and not enforce it to all schools... It’s blatant discrimination at that point. If they are going to allow it, just allow it! But if your serious about cleaning up the sport go after all schools involved, even if it includes all blue bloods.

Nobody has ever been out to get Kentucky or Cal. Those guys do that with everybody. You just only notice when he talks about your team.

Yeah, there are lots of UNC fans think the same exact thing about those guys being out to get us as well. It isn't unique to Kentucky. All the major programs do I'm sure. We tend to focus on those stories.

Last edited:
Reactions: schoonerwest
I don't believe these allegations are true. I mean, you can't put a price on The Brotherhood

lol that's pretty good.

The thing is if it’s true, the NCAA has to look into it period. Can’t be out there hammering KU, UofL etc for the exact same issue! He should have to at least, go on record under oath, and admit or deny... If and I would say it’s not if at this point, but how much! Never thought it made sense that 3 players that basically played the same position, to go to the same school? Just really made no sense and Reddish paid the price for that mistake. He would have been a top five pick at another school. I get two going, but not all three, basically all three were alfa types in high school. Reddish basically was a role player most of his one season at Duke.

Barrett at the 2, Reddish at the 3, Zion at the 4.

I'm not convinced that Reddish was an alpha. He's a little on the passive side. And he was nowhere near Zion or RJ's level. I think you could argue that playing for Duke actually helped him, because it masked his deficiencies, as he didn't demand the same type of attention as the other two. On the surface, someone with good athleticism, length, and good shooting form would appear to be someone who could be a future all-star. His production hasn't been anywhere near matching his potential, however.

He's not a good shooter, I don't know where or how that reputation even started. Good free-throw shooter? Yes. Good form? Yes. So, the potential is there. But even in high school, he was shooting around 30% from three. He's a solid defender though, I'll give him that. My biggest criticism of him would be his driving ability. More often than not, he would either turn the ball over, or charge. He was a terrible finisher. A top 5 prospect shoot not struggle to finish near the basket. He does. Or at least he did when he was at Duke. I'll root for him and hope he progresses, but I don't foresee anything spectacular coming from Reddish in the NBA.

Reactions: jhmossy
Anyone would be naive to think it doesn’t happen at all major schools to some degree. But here’s an honest question...Do you think Coach K could stand up to the scrutiny that Cal has by dudes like Forde, Thamel, etc? The first 4 years he was at Kentucky they crawled up his ass with a microscope.
Reputation. Two vacated FF's.

RJ was a 2. Played point quite a bit. Zion was a 4-5. Reddish a 3. Maybe if you watched and understood their positions, you might not be so confused why they went to the same school. Tell me again where they were all drafted.

I think he would hold up as well as Cal has. What, you think every sports reporter in the world isn't DYING to break a story of K cheating? Please.

I think he would hold up as well as Cal has. What, you think every sports reporter in the world isn't DYING to break a story of K cheating? Please.

What I think is that you might be the only one that feels that way.

What I think is that you might be the only one that feels that way.

Wait... I'm the only one who thinks Cal cheats at least as much as anyone else?

Or I'm the only one who thinks sports media members care about getting huge stories that will make their careers more than they do about some random coach and school that they have no connection to and that does zero for their career?

Because I'm not the only one who feels either of those ways.

Reputation. Two vacated FF's.

Lance Thomas
Corey Maggete
Marvin Bagley
Zion Williamson
Jeff Capel on staff, known cheater
Duke’s “self investigations”.

How many NCAA reprimands does Cal have? A show cause? I’ll wait. I think it’s the same number as K....

Wait... I'm the only one who thinks Cal cheats at least as much as anyone else?

Or I'm the only one who thinks sports media members care about getting huge stories that will make their careers more than they do about some random coach and school that they have no connection to and that does zero for their career?

Because I'm not the only one who feels either of those ways.

I realize you’re being purposely obtuse, but I’ll
Play along. No, you’re the only that believes the media is dying to uncover dirt on K. And by “you” I mean all duke fans

Forde, Thamel, and Shaughnessy have all admitted not liking Cal and at different points in time have spent significant time investigating his time at UK to try and find something. You can believe it or not. Just like most believe Self has skated because his relationship with media is better than Cal’s

I realize you’re being purposely obtuse, but I’ll
Play along. No, you’re the only that believes the media is dying to uncover dirt on K. And by “you” I mean all duke fans

Soooo... you say this, but ONE POST BEFORE you literally post a list of things that a million articles have been written about. Cognitive dissonance much?

But sure... keep believing that the media is all covering for Coach K, because... I don't even know why, because they get paid by K, or because K being seen as being clean makes their lives better or something? Honestly, I'm not sure why the media always covers for K so much, but I'm sure there is SOME reason that makes sense and isn't just UK paranoia.

Eh, it's more like hearing the same tall tale so many times you just ignore it after a while.

Good luck with your 5 lvl 1's.

So you think GE Nole is lying?

Or you think Kentucky has been on an island of holiness since their rampant violations through the 80s?Laughing

Soooo... you say this, but ONE POST BEFORE you literally post a list of things that a million articles have been written about. Cognitive dissonance much?

But sure... keep believing that the media is all covering for Coach K, because... I don't even know why, because they get paid by K, or because K being seen as being clean makes their lives better or something? Honestly, I'm not sure why the media always covers for K so much, but I'm sure there is SOME reason that makes sense and isn't just UK paranoia.

Call it what you will, but a quick google search of those things I listed before and it’s hard to find an article that criticizes K. For example, Maggette situation “didn’t know or couldn’t have known”. Most read like a bunch of apologists. Now just google “Pete Thamel article about Calipari”. Do the same with Forde and Shaughnessy and tell me the tone of the articles are comparable to those written about Duke /K.

Reactions: kyjeff1

Kind of like, the refs just love K and give Duke all the breaks, because ?????? No one ever answers that one.

Lance Thomas
Corey Maggete
Marvin Bagley
Zion Williamson
Jeff Capel on staff, known cheater
Duke’s “self investigations”.

How many NCAA reprimands does Cal have? A show cause? I’ll wait. I think it’s the same number as K....
Not one violation came from any of those, sorry. When you have something let us know. Bagley was cleared as was Zion and Corey. All by the NCAA.

With Capel, are you saying he could not change from the stuff he did at Oklahoma.

And I believe a lot if not all Colleges investigate themselves first and share the information with which every governing body it needs to respond to. So again, a big nothing burger.

Not one violation came from any of those, sorry. When you have something let us know. Bagley was cleared as was Zion and Corey. All by the NCAA.

With Capel, are you saying he could not change from the stuff he did at Oklahoma.

And I believe a lot if not all Colleges investigate themselves first and share the information with which every governing body it needs to respond to. So again, a big nothing burger.

no shit there Sherlock Holmes. The whole premise of the post went right over your head because nobody ever said there was a violation. Just that they were treated differently. Myron Piggie; how did all the dudes that were involved with him end up? And again, I was referring to media treatment

lol that's pretty good.

Barrett at the 2, Reddish at the 3, Zion at the 4.

I'm not convinced that Reddish was an alpha. He's a little on the passive side. And he was nowhere near Zion or RJ's level. I think you could argue that playing for Duke actually helped him, because it masked his deficiencies, as he didn't demand the same type of attention as the other two. On the surface, someone with good athleticism, length, and good shooting form would appear to be someone who could be a future all-star. His production hasn't been anywhere near matching his potential, however.

He's not a good shooter, I don't know where or how that reputation even started. Good free-throw shooter? Yes. Good form? Yes. So, the potential is there. But even in high school, he was shooting around 30% from three. He's a solid defender though, I'll give him that. My biggest criticism of him would be his driving ability. More often than not, he would either turn the ball over, or charge. He was a terrible finisher. A top 5 prospect shoot not struggle to finish near the basket. He does. Or at least he did when he was at Duke. I'll root for him and hope he progresses, but I don't foresee anything spectacular coming from Reddish in the NBA.

I agree with the vast majority of your assessment of Reddish. And yet, when Zion missed a half against FSU it was Reddish who raised his game and took over down the stretch.

Now, maybe that was just an outlier day for him. Clearly the three point shooting was abnormal for him. If Reddish has a standard shooting outing in Tallahassee, Duke probably loses that game by 8 or 10. But small sample size or not, it is interesting that when Zion was removed from the occasion, Reddish stepped into the void. That was an impressive performance.

Well we are all laughing at you because you are the #1 hypocrite here.
BTW, how much did Sharpe and Kessler and Love and Davis get? Let the investigation begin.

Although Fats is in prison I believe, so the UNc car club might not have many selections at the moment.

ADVERTISEMENT