ADVERTISEMENT

Zion/Nike

Soooo... you say this, but ONE POST BEFORE you literally post a list of things that a million articles have been written about. Cognitive dissonance much?

But sure... keep believing that the media is all covering for Coach K, because... I don't even know why, because they get paid by K, or because K being seen as being clean makes their lives better or something? Honestly, I'm not sure why the media always covers for K so much, but I'm sure there is SOME reason that makes sense and isn't just UK paranoia.
I'm just going to leave this right here. It's not just UK fans that see it.

Bomani: No one would doubt this Zion story if Calipari was his coach
https://es.pn/3bmKNBT via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app

Kind of like, the refs just love K and give Duke all the breaks, because ?????? No one ever answers that one.
Nobody ever answers that one?

Okay, here in a minute, you won't be able to post that anymore (which was a lie btw).

Coach K gets a level of respect from the NCAA, ESPN, the refs and the media that no other coach in the country gets.

Now, don't get me wrong, he's earned it, he's an honorable guy that did things the right way for a long time, but don't get it twisted. Up until 2016 when K went to the one and done system, the comments from anyone with a platform and a voice was "Calipari is ruining college-basketball with his one and done method". Once K did it, not a peep was said.
During game action, coach K can be seen berating officials, but has he ever, in his coaching career, been T'd up? I've never seen it.
You can't deny that coach K gets special treatment. If you disagree, you are blind as fu**.

Soooo... you say this, but ONE POST BEFORE you literally post a list of things that a million articles have been written about. Cognitive dissonance much?

But sure... keep believing that the media is all covering for Coach K, because... I don't even know why, because they get paid by K, or because K being seen as being clean makes their lives better or something? Honestly, I'm not sure why the media always covers for K so much, but I'm sure there is SOME reason that makes sense and isn't just UK paranoia.

Bomani Jones wonders why the media covers for K so much too. Laughing But I’m sure you’ll have a way to diminish this national media persons opinion.

While most national media members who have become numb to pay-for-play scandals are brushing off the allegations, ESPN’s Bomani Jones is questioning whether analysts would be acting the same way if he went somewhere other than Duke.

In fact, Jones believes that if these allegations had come out with Williamson at Kentucky under John Calipari, the national media would be having a field day with this news.

“I do find it interesting though that yes, we are – generally speaking – numb about the idea that college players are getting paid,” Jones said on today’s edition of Highly Questionable. “However, you’re telling me that if this were John Calipari involved in this same situation that we wouldn’t be here talking about this across the board? “Oh man, this doesn’t really matter.” No. It wouldn’t be “All these guys get paid.” It would be “We knew John Calipari paid players.” That’s the way we do it.”

Jones compared this lack of media backlash to the same change of tune we saw once Mike Krzyzewski and the Duke program began signing one-and-done talent. When Calipari began the one-and-done movement, it hurt college basketball. When Coach K followed suit, it was just a “change in the times.”

We’re seeing a similar trend with these most recent allegations surrounding Williamson and the Duke program. Now that the Blue Devils are potentially involved, people are looking the other way.

And I left out the part where he talks about Duke getting a pass on the Corey Maggette situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: kyjeff1
Why is it crazy to ask for proof of accusations made. Feelings not even close to being hurt. And I will wait for proof.

I only accused UNc of infractions and there was plenty of proof.
Because that doesn't seem to be something you require when you're dogging everyone else.

Can't have a discussion about Duke on here without you coming in with guns blazing like we have coach K handcuffed to an interrogation table and you're his freaking attorney.

UNC had fake classes and Kansas buys players, those are the only things I'm sure of.

UNC because it was proven, and Kansas because nobody would want to live in that sh*thole without some money on the line.

I think you have a strange definition of proven. Maybe it was because of that Sampson cheating thing you all went through. So now you live in opposite world or something to help you deal. IDK. Indiana is a different sort of world I suppose.

Because that doesn't seem to be something you require when you're dogging everyone else.

Can't have a discussion about Duke on here without you coming in with guns blazing like we have coach K handcuffed to an interrogation table and you're his freaking attorney.
You do realize that everyone on this board does the same thing when their particular school is attacked right?

I find it hysterical that when I ask for proof it bothers you

You do realize that everyone on this board does the same thing when their particular school is attacked right?
Not at your level.

You should read your posts from the other side sometime. It would be an eye-popping experience for you.

You never seem to just join a conversation and be respectful, you just come out of nowhere with hamakers, then disappear once you feel like you've thrown enough.

Forde, Thamel, and Shaughnessy have all admitted not liking Cal and at different points in time have spent significant time investigating his time at UK to try and find something. You can believe it or not. Just like most believe Self has skated because his relationship with media is better than Cal’s

so has Matt Jones, now I bet he’d give him a rim job.

all forde and thamel do is take shots at everybody. Damn near every article they write is taking a shot at someone.

Not at your level.

You should read your posts from the other side sometime. It would be an eye-popping experience for you.

You never seem to just join a conversation and be respectful, you just come out of nowhere with hamakers, then disappear once you feel like you've thrown enough.
Bull shit.

Not at your level.

That is because the majority of you are idiots. You want respect. Earn it.

so has Matt Jones, now I bet he’d give him a rim job.

all forde and thamel do is take shots at everybody. Damn near every article they write is taking a shot at someone.

You never fail to deliver. Laughing

That is because the majority of you are idiots. You want respect. Earn it.
We're idiots in your mind because we don't blow coach K and love everything Duke related.

Let me guess, the only posters on here that aren't" idiots" in your mind, are Duke fans?

We're idiots in your mind because we don't blow coach K and love everything Duke related.

Let me guess, the only posters on here that aren't" idiots" in your mind, are Duke fans?
Nope. Basically due to your complete lack of knowledge and common sense. And Duke has nothing to do with it.

Forde and Thamel have taken shots at Roy Williams for years. This idea that the media picks on Kentucky is weird. UK gets all sorts of crazy good press from ESPN and many others. You guys who feel this way need to get out more or something.

And everyone should just agree to stop arguing with that fool. He doesn't have the ability to do anything but say stupid **** that makes no sense. Just ignore him.

Reactions: TheDude1
Forde and Thamel have taken shots at Roy Williams for years. This idea that the media picks on Kentucky is weird. UK gets all sorts of crazy good press from ESPN and many others. You guys who feel this way need to get out more or something.

And everyone should just agree to stop arguing with that fool. He doesn't have the ability to do anything but say stupid **** that makes no sense. Just ignore him.
There’s the passive aggressive pussy again.

And just you know, if this proves to be true and K is involved, I am done with them. Not that anyone cares.

So one bad move would wipe out 5 national titles for you?
No. But if this is true, I would have a hard time believing it hasn’t been going on for years. 91, 92, 2001 and 2010 are clean ones I believe. But 2015 brings doubt if this is true and I would be very disappointed.

Spot on I am so correct.

Lol. You must have missed all the self-deprecating posts from Mossy after UVA lost to UMBC. Or hell, me earlier in this thread talking about the very school I attended giving impermissible benefits.

No. But if this is true, I would have a hard time believing it hasn’t been going on for years. 91, 92, 2001 and 2010 are clean ones I believe. But 2015 brings doubt if this is true and I would be very disappointed.

Here’s a hint—it has been going on for years. Decades. Get your head out of the sand.

The NCAA itself encouraged the shoe companies to get involved with AAU and to essentially take over the sport. It’s more money in their own pockets. Since the 80s it’s been a pay to play game when it comes to recruiting top kids. It’s not just Duke. It’s not just UNC. It’s not just Kentucky. It’s everywhere.

Reactions: Villian07
Oh I’m with y’all on that. I don’t think anyone’s doubting it now, other than duke fans. I haven’t seen how espn or the media in general are attacking this story, I’ve been tied up with work all day.

I said it after the first of the fbi stuff came out, if second tier schools like Creighton and DePaul are paying players, then everyone is, if not Creighton and DePaul would be fielding much much better teams.

There are always outliers, but I’d say 90% of recruits aren’t gonna turn down $$$ from school A to go to school B for free, period. And I don’t care if the difference in the programs is a big as Clemson basketball vs Duke basketball. And I don’t care if they are ranked #1 in the class or 100.

I was just saying Forde and Thamel take shots at Cal/UK, because that’s all they do is take shots, and your gonna notice the ones at cal/UK more just like I will remember the ones at ul/Pitino. Maybe if you added them all up Cal would have more than anyone, but it wouldn’t be a landslide like you believe. ive read plenty of drivel by both of those clowns taking shots at unc, UL, IU etc. it’s not exclusive to UK.

As for what Bomani said, yea I agree K and Cal have different reputations for sure. But you gotta ask yourself how does one get a reputation? By their actions. And vacated FFs aren’t even what I’m talking about. There’s a reason ur boy said he couldn’t cheer for Calipari vs Kansas back in the day. He said it was “Bc of the way he ran his program.” Cal, at that time, was known for letting the inmates run the asylum as the quote goes.

But I will say Cal has not had anything go on at UK Like the multiple things that happened at Memphis as far as having to discipline players(or lack of), or players getting into any trouble. So maybe he has matured or changed or whatever, but calipari has a reputation for a reason, and it’s not conspiracy related.

sorry meant to quote JC3

Last edited:
Oh I’m with y’all on that. I don’t think anyone’s doubting it now, other than duke fans. I haven’t seen how espn or the media in general are attacking this story, I’ve been tied up with work all day.

I said it after the first of the fbi stuff came out, if second tier schools like Creighton and DePaul are paying players, then everyone is, if not Creighton and DePaul would be fielding much much better teams.

There are always outliers, but I’d say 90% of recruits aren’t gonna turn down $$$ from school A to go to school B for free, period. And I don’t care if the difference in the programs is a big as Clemson basketball vs Duke basketball. And I don’t care if they are ranked #1 in the class or 100.

I was just saying Forde and Thamel take shots at Cal/UK, because that’s all they do is take shots, and your gonna notice the ones at cal/UK more just like I will remember the ones at ul/Pitino. Maybe if you added them all up Cal would have more than anyone, but ive read plenty of drivel by both of those clowns taking shots at unc, UL, IU etc. it’s not exclusive to UK.

As for what Bomani said, yea I agree K and Cal have different reputations for sure. But you gotta ask yourself how does one get a reputation? By their actions. And vacated FFs aren’t even what I’m talking about. There’s a reason ur boy said he couldn’t cheer for Calipari vs Kansas back in the day. He said it was “Bc of the way he ran his program.” He was known for letting the inmates run the asylum as the quote goes.

But I will say Cal has not had anything go on at uk Like what happened at Memphis as far as having to discipline players(or lack of), or players getting into any trouble. So maybe he has matured or changed or whatever, but calipari has a reputation for a reason, and it’s not conspiracy related.

You completely miss the point of the Bomani story. I doesn’t have a bad reputation because he has been given several passes at different points in his career. For example, the Corey Maggette thing.

I think you have a strange definition of proven. Maybe it was because of that Sampson cheating thing you all went through. So now you live in opposite world or something to help you deal. IDK. Indiana is a different sort of world I suppose.
Sure Sampson cheated at Indiana, do you see anyone denying that? Even then sending texts to recruits during a dead period is nothing compared to creating fake classes to help get your basketball team through school.

I don't understand why you come to every thread that UNC is brought up and throw out this jibberish. If you're so comfortable that they didn't do anything wrong then why don't you just leave it at that?

Congrats, UNC found a loophole in the NCAA system and exploited it to the fullest extent. It doesn't mean they didn't cheat. Enjoy those tainted titles.

I’ll write the ending of this story. Someone (Nike/duke/zion/booster) pays off this person, settling out of court. Zion refuses to cooperate with the ncaa (which he should). Duke denies. Nothing ever comes of it.

This is basically AD 2.0 except this person went with blackmail over a news paper article. Which is a pretty boss move.

I’ll write the ending of this story. Someone (Nike/duke/zion/booster) pays off this person, settling out of court. Zion refuses to cooperate with the ncaa (which he should). Duke denies. Nothing ever comes of it.

This is basically AD 2.0 except this person went with blackmail over a news paper article. Which is a pretty boss move.

You sure as hell throw a lot of shade at UK for a supporter of a school who has become synonymous with cheating and sleaze.

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL

I could be wrong, but IIRC, it was a Chicago Sun times blog.

Every fan base seems to have that one dildo of a fan that the board would be a better place if everyone just ignored said fan.

ADVERTISEMENT