ADVERTISEMENT

Zion/Nike

It doesn’t look good, I mean let’s be honest. I mean if the family was well off before, then I don’t think it’s true. But that house isn’t cheap, and the way they have laid out the adidas thing too... Kansas was up there on his list too, just would be honestly disappointing! I’m not a Duke fan, but Coach K has always been considered a clean coach. But all the sudden he’s landing players from the West coast like Bagley? I mean I know they recruited him etc. but I don’t know..: I do know this if they do get caught I’m scared lol. I mean Nike has stayed cleared from all this pretty much, even though we all know the truth. But it could be a bad day for a lot of top tier schools if this is found to be true.

Nike certainly hasn’t stayed clear by being clean. Merl Code will tell you that.

My issue is how do the NCAA not open an investigation into Zion/Duke situation with everything involving Zion from the FBI trial, Avenatti, and now this. Whether you think people are full of shit or not that is a lot of smoke from a lot of difference directions.
Do you really want them to dig into this right now? With the stuff that Townsend said in the wiretaps, it could bring more problems for KU.

Do you really want them to dig into this right now? With the stuff that Townsend said in the wiretaps, it could bring more problems for KU.

Then so be it. KU already on pace to get reamed by the NCAA anyway.

Here’s the only problem with the coach thing now. Even if Coach K wasn’t involved it happed under his tenure as head coach. Coaches can’t hide behind that card anymore... You can’t tell me he didn’t know Zions parents didn’t move to Durham! It may not be far but that’s the rule the NCAA put in place. See it doesn’t matter if K knew, Zion was still ineligible... I can’t see his family taking all the blame if it comes out, they will be throwing everyone under the bus.
You seem to have already made a decision.

My issue is how do the NCAA not open an investigation into Zion/Duke situation with everything involving Zion from the FBI trial, Avenatti, and now this. Whether you think people are full of shit or not that is a lot of smoke from a lot of difference directions.
So just because a person makes an accusation, you automatically investigate. Not sure you understand the law.

Pay these kids some of the billions they generate or this will never go away.

Give Michigan, tark the shark, Louisville smu all the wins back and put an asterisk on it.

Put Pete rose in the damn hall of fame while we are at it.

Everyone makes money except the kids. It's time to change that.

Lavar ball was right. Pay the kids. The NBA stole his model.

i noticed you failed to mention giving UK back the wins we have lost due to sanctions :p

So just because a person makes an accusation, you automatically investigate. Not sure you understand the law.

Actually yes. 1 accusation should be looked into. If you’re not then you are not running your business correctly. How serious the accusation seems is how far you go into the investigation.

Also we’re not talking 1 accusation. We’re talking 3 different instances involving Zion and extra benefits around his recruitment. 1 involving extra benefits from Adidas/Kansas. And 2 involving NIKE/Duke. Have to investigate when there is a lot of smoke.

I love the specificity in the language. Admit that someone in Zion's family demanded gifts, money, and/or benefits... and you received such benefits from someone acting on behalf of Duke University (directly and/or indirectly).

So what was it? Was it gifts? Money? Benefits? Someone directly affiliated with Duke? Indirectly? Be as broad as possible, that way you're more likely to hit the target, I guess. It wouldn't be completely shocking if Zion did, in fact, receive something - but the language in this lawsuit is rubbish.

It would be completely shocking if Zion DID NOT receive something. Not a dig at Duke, by the way, just saying that it happens everywhere. I personally witnessed it (or the result of the benefit) at State, UNC, and Duke.

It would be completely shocking if Zion DID NOT receive something. Not a dig at Duke, by the way, just saying that it happens everywhere. I personally witnessed it (or the result of the benefit) at State, UNC, and Duke.

Agreed-what do you think at UK or Clemson though? At different points they were thought as the favorites to land Zion- did Duke just out-price them?

Agreed-what do you think at UK or Clemson though? At different points they were thought as the favorites to land Zion- did Duke just out-price them?

of course. Clemson ain’t allocating that type of funds for a basketball player. He isn’t Trevor Lawrence. Kentucky on the other hand...

of course. Clemson ain’t allocating that type of funds for a basketball player. He isn’t Trevor Lawrence. Kentucky on the other hand...

LSU supposedly did that for a bball player, just saying- for Zion, I can see Clemson trying...

They could have out priced them. Or they could have matched it and just also been Duke.

The bottom line is, it’s only illegal because some dumbass association—that is itself corrupt and has a personal interest in these top players coming to college—says it’s illegal. Every school is doing it to some extent and I would be upset if I found out that FSU wasn’t.

Nothing will probably come of this unless information gets directly to the NCAA in someway. A lawyer on one of our Kansas boards says even if Zion and his lawyer admit guilt it would be in the form of written statement as part of a settlement and would never make it to the public’s eyes. Now if it somehow goes to court it could be made public but even then because it’s a civil trial it would probably all end up private anyway.

The NCAA would most likely have to do their own investigation into the matter and we know the NCAA is incapable of doing their own investigation. Everything else they seem to be ruling on are either through schools self reporting or the FBI trials.

Witnessed what?

While we're on the subject, where is Pearl getting his Kuminga funding?

I’m still holding out hope that our recent suckage in the gridiron, combined with our ACC Championship in hoops, has a few of our heavy hitting boosters helping out with Cisse and Kuminga. Or maybe Nike will divert some funds to hoops for us since no one is watching us in football anyway.

Actually yes. 1 accusation should be looked into. If you’re not then you are not running your business correctly. How serious the accusation seems is how far you go into the investigation.

Also we’re not talking 1 accusation. We’re talking 3 different instances involving Zion and extra benefits around his recruitment. 1 involving extra benefits from Adidas/Kansas. And 2 involving NIKE/Duke. Have to investigate when there is a lot of smoke.
Avenatti. Really?. You can’t be serious. And one person, with no credibility said Zions stepdad wanted 100k. That is what starts your investigation. You can’t be serious.

College athletes receiving impermissible benefits. “Loaner” cars, clothes and jewelry, free meals, straight cash, etc.
tenor.gif

So you really think KU is gonna get hammered? I’ve suspected that the whole time. Is that what the homeboard is saying? I can’t read it.

Idk about the Slant. I never go over there. On the other board it’s Like all fan bases it’s 50/50 sunshine pumpers who say their school won’t get in trouble and the other half says KU is gonna get hammered. I’m one who thinks KU is gonna get reamed by the NCAA on their initial punishment and then we’ll see where everything lands with the appeal.

Reactions: schoonerwest
https://kentuckysportsradio.com/main/kentucky-wasnt-even-on-zion-williamsons-list-of-final-four-schools/

Kentucky wasn’t even on Zion Williamson’s list of final four schools

By Jack Pilgrim | January 21, 2018 | 5:00pm | 71

DUBvSUxX4AEzeXU.jpg

Remember when recruiting analysts felt it was neck-and-neck between Kentucky and Clemson going into the home stretch of Zion Williamson’s recruitment?

Turns out, Kentucky wasn’t really in the running at all.

In an interview with Nikki Hood of TigerNet.com, Lee Anderson, Williamson’s step-father, said the big decision came down to four schools.

And Kentucky wasn’t one of them.

“As of last night, he still didn’t know where he wanted to go,” Anderson said. “Clemson, South Carolina, Duke, North Carolina, those are all schools that he seriously considered. He just had a hard time deciphering where he wanted to go.”

In fact, the decision came down to a flip of a coin between the final four schools.

“Zion woke up and he made a decision. That was all there was to it,” said Anderson. “Zion actually told me last night that he was going to flip a coin and go through four schools.”

Despite Williamson’s relationship with Drake, his best friend signed on to be Kentucky’s star point guard, and John Calipari making him a priority for almost two years, the Cats weren’t even seriously considered.

Unreal.

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
https://kentuckysportsradio.com/main/kentucky-wasnt-even-on-zion-williamsons-list-of-final-four-schools/

Kentucky wasn’t even on Zion Williamson’s list of final four schools

By Jack Pilgrim | January 21, 2018 | 5:00pm | 71

DUBvSUxX4AEzeXU.jpg

Remember when recruiting analysts felt it was neck-and-neck between Kentucky and Clemson going into the home stretch of Zion Williamson’s recruitment?

Turns out, Kentucky wasn’t really in the running at all.

In an interview with Nikki Hood of TigerNet.com, Lee Anderson, Williamson’s step-father, said the big decision came down to four schools.

And Kentucky wasn’t one of them.

“As of last night, he still didn’t know where he wanted to go,” Anderson said. “Clemson, South Carolina, Duke, North Carolina, those are all schools that he seriously considered. He just had a hard time deciphering where he wanted to go.”

In fact, the decision came down to a flip of a coin between the final four schools.

“Zion woke up and he made a decision. That was all there was to it,” said Anderson. “Zion actually told me last night that he was going to flip a coin and go through four schools.”

Despite Williamson’s relationship with Drake, his best friend signed on to be Kentucky’s star point guard, and John Calipari making him a priority for almost two years, the Cats weren’t even seriously considered.

Unreal.

Article written by Jack Pilgrim
So he obviously got that coin from Duke/Nike. The question is, how much was it worth? :D

Reactions: Scotty00
ADVERTISEMENT