ADVERTISEMENT

Y’all didn’t watch, huh?

Quavarius

Aug 12, 2009
Virginia-Texas Tech garnered 19.6M views, the third lowest rating for a #NationalChampionship in the last decade.

Reactions: footballfanhcb
Villanova vs UNC is the second. 3rd was mentioned. UNC vs Michigan St was 4th.

Villanova and UNC don't seem very popular.

There definitely aren't as many people who hate us enough to watch us lose. I feel we need to step up our super douchey and dirty gameplay.

There definitely aren't as many people who hate us enough to watch us lose. I feel we need to step up our super douchey and dirty gameplay.
Try creating an academic scandal that is exposed to the public that you cheated for 23 years.

Let us know how that works out.

On a side note, Duke has been in 4 championship games in the last 20 years. Those 4 games are the highest rated during that span.
People continously underestimate the number of viewers who watch Duke games in hopes that they will see them lose. That's why the games following Duke's exit have lower ratings. All they wanted to see was Duke lose.

On a side note, Duke has been in 4 championship games in the last 20 years. Those 4 games are the highest rated during that span.
On another side note, most of those viewers were likely rooting for the other team. jumpingsmile

On another side note, most of those viewers were likely rooting for the other team. jumpingsmile
As much as I want to hold on to the title of most hated team, I think Duke has managed to take it away. ESPN set out a campaign to make them the most hated team and I think they succeeded.

I really hate giving up that title, but we'll still be hated for being #1 all time on the court. Generational hatred.

People watch and root against Duke more than any other team. There, I said it.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
The game needs to start earlier. Lots of people I know didn’t watch it because they thought it wasn’t worth waiting until 12 a.m to see the winner of a low scoring game. If it was earlier people that don’t pay much attention to college basketball would most likely watch it.

As much as I want to hold on to the title of most hated team, I think Duke has managed to take it away. ESPN set out a campaign to make them the most hated team and I think they succeeded.

I really hate giving up that title, but we'll still be hated for being #1 all time on the court. Generational hatred.

People watch and root against Duke more than any other team. There, I said it.
Been that way since the 90’s probably. North Carolina was up there for awhile back when every bar in the country had a diehard Carolina fan who grew up watching Jordan. But Duke has always been the main one that fans of the sport hate the most.

Yeah, I find the whole Duke fan tooting their horn thing over this a general lack of self awareness. If you have players who act like jackasses and play the way they do you can't own being hated like it is some badge of honor.

I honestly could not care less about how many people watch it. Those who didn't watch missed a great game. Either us or Texas Tech could have won it. Congrats to TT nation on a tremendous season.
Agreed. OP is very insecure. And Duke fell on their face, lol, so....

I'd like to know how they even determine that. Does it count if you are flipping through channels and land on it for 2 seconds?

I'd like to know how they even determine that. Does it count if you are flipping through channels and land on it for 2 seconds?
Participants of sample audiences used to be the measurement, not sure how they do it now with cable, Sat, hulu, youtubetv, etc .

Been that way since the 90’s probably. North Carolina was up there for awhile back when every bar in the country had a diehard Carolina fan who grew up watching Jordan. But Duke has always been the main one that fans of the sport hate the most.
I have met this man.

Reactions: schoonerwest
Agreed. OP is very insecure. And Duke fell on their face, lol, so....
Ehhhh losing by 1 in the elite 8 to the team that should have had UNC's 1 seed isn't as bad as getting blown out as a 1 seed in the sweet 16.

Reactions: jhmossy
Ehhhh losing by 1 in the elite 8 to the team that should have had UNC's 1 seed isn't as bad as getting blown out as a 1 seed in the sweet 16.
Duke was shoved so far down our throats this season and were big favorites to cut down the nets. Laid an egg. Sure, it sucked for my Heels as they had as good a shot as anyone, but this thread isn’t about them, or me.

I watched and every single second of it was excruciating. Every single time I felt we were pulling away, Texas Tech made a run. They were hitting some tough shots and some of the bounces on the rim that went in made me vomit. I was really impressed by them. I think their shot selecting in OT is what got us the win. When I knew we had it won, all of the nerves and pain I felt this past year just melted away.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT