ADVERTISEMENT

Y’all didn’t watch, huh?

Yeah, I find the whole Duke fan tooting their horn thing over this a general lack of self awareness. If you have players who act like jackasses and play the way they do you can't own being hated like it is some badge of honor.
This is a terrible take, Duke has been the most successful program in the modern era with the most identifiable brand for the last 30 years.

That's why people love us or hate us.

This is a terrible take, Duke has been the most successful program in the modern era with the most identifiable brand for the last 30 years.

Winning is part of it for sure. No doubt about that. There are other aspects of it you guys refuse to acknowledge as well though.

Participants of sample audiences used to be the measurement, not sure how they do it now with cable, Sat, hulu, youtubetv, etc .
Nielsen ratings are still around too. About a year ago my house got nominated. They sent me 2 one dollar bills and a survey to fill out with the promise that they’d send me $5 if I did. I filled it out and then they sent me 5 one dollar bills along with a much longer survey. I ignored them so they called and called and called, sometimes 3x a day. I ended up blocking their number and haven’t heard anything since.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Winning is part of it for sure. No doubt about that. There are other aspects of it you guys refuse to acknowledge as well though.

Wait... so is the theory that Duke is the most watched team for year after year because Grayson tripped some kids and... I don't know... because Wojo slapped the floor?

My guess is that it is mainly the winning (whether as a Duke fan you like it or as a not-Duke fan you've lost to us), the big name players, and the biggest name coach.

Reactions: Quavarius
Nielsen ratings are still around too. About a year ago my house got nominated. They sent me 2 one dollar bills and a survey to fill out with the promise that they’d send me $5 if I did. I filled it out and then they sent me 5 one dollar bills along with a much longer survey. I ignored them so they called and called and called, sometimes 3x a day. I ended up blocking their number and haven’t heard anything since.
That kind of harassment is not worth $7.

Hating Duke has more to do with fans like you than anything else.

Hating Duke has more to do with fans like you than anything else.
Yeah, because the millions and millions of Duke fans are on this message board and that the Duke fans on this board go around acting in public like they do here.

The negative reaction by many to Zion this year prove exactly what bignish says. Face it, people don't like Duke because of 30 years of success, just like they don't like the Yankees.

Yeah, because the millions and millions of Duke fans are on this message board and that the Duke fans on this board go around acting in public like they do here.

The negative reaction by many to Zion this year prove exactly what bignish says. Face it, people don't like Duke because of 30 years of success, just like they don't like the Yankees.

Can't speak for others but literally the only reason I hate Duke is because I hate @bignish.

And you question why Nike would push players to you guys and not others. It’s just good business for them.
So you think Nike, a multi multi billion dollar business can survive with one or two players a year going to Duke.

Things that make you go hmmmmm.

'Nova and UNC was a TBS game. Pretty sure last year it was as well.

That's an odd finding. Any ideas why? I don't think of TT as being a particularly popular team... huge alumni base?

Social media team has killed it.

Good sized school 38k+ Fall 2018 enrollment. Probably going to try to take it to 40k+ here soon. Alumni base is pretty big I guess when you compare it to some basketball schools.

I've always assumed the ranking of most hated blue blood was as follows:

1. Duke
2. Kentucky
3. North Carolina
4. Kansas

Maybe Duke-Kentucky is closer than that, idk. We probably need a poll for research of this magnitude.

He is a giant tool but he's actually the only person on this board that I've met in real life. He's a good dude overall but looking at his face is really difficult sometimes.

Ah. Just busting the balls of a friend. Still funny.

Last years ratings are because it was the first championship game on cable. This year was going to be higher just due to being back on CBS.

I've always assumed the ranking of most hated blue blood was as follows:

1. Duke
2. Kentucky
3. North Carolina
4. Kansas

Maybe Duke-Kentucky is closer than that, idk. We probably need a poll for research of this magnitude.

I don't hate any of the blue bloods really. Not even Kansas who I have more experience with. Duke just consumes all the oxygen in the room sometimes though especially this season. I don't know if its because ESPN has two of their former players as analyst or what.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Yes. Where I’m going is to say that it should always be on CBS with the start time an hour earlier for ratings purposes.

Agreed. My dad lives in Atlanta wanted to watch but he said it started too late for him.

Yes. Where I’m going is to say that it should always be on CBS with the start time an hour earlier for ratings purposes.

Not sure if that would’ve help, considering the other title games that were on CBS this decade that started at the same time.

Last years ratings are because it was the first championship game on cable. This year was going to be higher just due to being back on CBS.

2016 was the first year it was on cable.

I don't hate any of the blue bloods really. Not even Kansas who I have more experience with. Duke just consumes all the oxygen in the room sometimes though especially this season. I don't know if its because ESPN has two of their former players as analyst or what.

Yeah, they are all Duke all the time. Heck, even today they released a Tweet crediting Chris Beard to Coach K's coaching tree. They are like the Fox News or MSNBC of the sports world and Duke is their candidate.

Reactions: kl40504
ADVERTISEMENT