ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier

gldendog

Jul 24, 2001
You can make a fortune fading this team at home in the 1H against subpar teams. They come out not ready to play seemingly against every poor Home opponent before clamping down in the last 10 mins. Every time lately. Have a look.

You can make a fortune fading this team at home in the 1H against subpar teams. They come out not ready to play seemingly against every poor Home opponent before clamping down in the last 10 mins. Every time lately. Have a look.

They are also the luckiest team in the KenPom top 50 (and the 10th luckiest in the country). Out of the potential 1-2 seeds in the NCAAT, I'm for sure fading Xavier and thinking they'll get bounced early. Their record in close games (6-0 in games of 5 points or less) isn't sustainable.

Xavier's made the second weekend 6 of the last 10 tournaments. They are getting "lucky" now, but betting against them in the tournament is tough.

Nova is a much better team, but I know enough not to bet Nova going further than X.

I’m saying as a bettor to fade them against subpar teams. I’m not saying they can’t and don’t and won’t actually try hard against good teams. They sleepwalk against bad teams. When Nova goes there they’ll play like it’s the super bowl. It’s when they don’t feel threatened they play like crap.

I’m saying as a bettor to fade them against subpar teams. I’m not saying they can’t and don’t and won’t actually try hard against good teams. They sleepwalk against bad teams. When Nova goes there they’ll play like it’s the super bowl. It’s when they don’t feel threatened they play like crap.

Yeah, I agree to that point. It's really odd how they play incredible at home against good teams (Nova, UC, Seton Hall, etc.) and then always have a close game against bad team (St Johns, GTown, ETSU, Marshall).

ADVERTISEMENT