ADVERTISEMENT

Wow, both Hauser brothers are transferring from Marquette

boilerzz

Jul 5, 2002
Team
Purdue
That will drop them from preseason top 10 to outside of the poll. That's a stunning development.

Would love to see them both at UVA. We recruited them pretty heavily.

Wow ... I can see the shit storm at Hangin' at the Al.

And I don't expect them to come to Madison.
I think their family resented that Bo didn't want Sam.

Outside of the poll? Are you nuts? They would have been top 3. Arguably the best.

tenor.gif

Reactions: RedR8der4Life
Also will they need to sit out?

Or will they be able to play either as a grad transfer or pulling a page out of the college football playbook fighting the NCAA into allowing immediate eligibility.

Can't believe this. Wth Wojo? How do you lose the Hauser brothers? Huge, huge get for whoever picks them up. I say the prestige of a recent national championship might sway the Sam and Joey over to UVA. Bennett will finally take down Izzo.

Reactions: jhmossy
So does this change Howard's decision to come back? Or are the Hauser's transferring because of Howard's decision to return? Interesting stuff going on with Wojo and Marquette.

Reactions: JRMSU
So does this change Howard's decision to come back? Or are the Hauser's transferring because of Howard's decision to return? Interesting stuff going on with Wojo and Marquette.
I'd guess they were waiting for Howard to make his decision and therefore I'd infer that Howard would return to MU. I can't think of any other reason than Howard's usage as why they'd want to transfer.

Howard doesn't make his teammates better. Wouldn't be surprised if more kids decide the transfer. Wojo has lost the team and should be fired.

So which schools have two open schollies to offer 'em?
We could fit them but it would drop our 2020 open scholarships to just 1. I'm not sure that's something we'd want to do but I think they'd fit well on our roster.

I'd guess they were waiting for Howard to make his decision and therefore I'd infer that Howard would return to MU. I can't think of any other reason than Howard's usage as why they'd want to transfer.
Maybe they don't like Wojo as a coach.

Kansas has, like, 7 dudes on scholly..

Not really, but maybe.

No (real) noise for the Jayhawks tho..

Reactions: Big_Blue79
Just looking at MSU's roster, and it looks like they don't have a single scholarship available. Let me know if I'm missing anything. Certainly Winston and Ward could go pro early (or transfers), but I'm thinking those guys are wanting to go all in for a quest at a title.

Sr (4): Winston, Ward, Langford, Ahrens
Jr (1): Tillman
So (5): Henry, Brown, Loyer, Kithier, Bingham
Fr (3): Watts, Hall, Marble

UVA currently only has one open scholarships. Seems like UVA is littered with a bunch of 3-star recruits. If the Hauser brothers want to play for me, I'd certainly make room for them and encourage a few guys to transfer. They should be worth it.

Sr (3): Guy, Diakite, Key
Jr (2): Huff, Anthony
So (3): Clark, Stattmann, Badocchi
Fr (4): Caffaro, Shedrick, Morsell, McKoy

UVA currently only has one open scholarships. Seems like UVA is littered with a bunch of 3-star recruits. If the Hauser brothers want to play for me, I'd certainly make room for them and encourage a few guys to transfer. They should be worth it.

Sr (3): Guy, Diakite, Key
Jr (2): Huff, Anthony
So (3): Clark, Stattmann, Badocchi
Fr (4): Caffaro, Shedrick, Morsell, McKoy

Absolutely no way Bennett does that though. He will sit down and talk with each player and be honest with them about playing time moving forward. But Tony will honor a player's commitment to UVA if they want to be here. Guy and/or Diakite could both enter the draft but I expect both to come back. It's also possible that we lose a guy like Marco Anthony to transfer that would open two spots for the Hausers. I don't know if the Hausers would wait for that decision to occur before making their own decision.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Absolutely no way Bennett does that though. He will sit down and talk with each player and be honest with them about playing time moving forward. But Tony will honor a player's commitment to UVA if they want to be here. Guy and/or Diakite could both enter the draft but I expect both to come back. It's also possible that we lose a guy like Marco Anthony to transfer that would open two spots for the Hausers. I don't know if the Hausers would wait for that decision to occur before making their own decision.
That scenario is exactly what I’m hoping for. I don't see Anthony as having a great future in the program.

I certainly wouldn't expect Bennett to pull anyone'e scholarship. But Bennett (and every coach) should conduct one-on-one interviews with his players to discuss the past season, their progression, and their role going forward. If I were a coach, I would want my guys to clearly tell me what their goals and expectations are going forward. If it's someone who's buried on the depth chart, a coach needs to be honest with them and tell him that unless there is significant improvement, their role may not change very much. That's when a discussion of a transfer possibility may arise. Not that you're forcing someone out the door, but if you're wanting meaningful minutes, you're going to have to beat out a several guys in practice that are currently ahead of you.

I'd have said us, considering so many connections UW has with them, including at least one GF, but we normally are bridesmaids. So I'm just kind of whatever.

Not gonna lie. You guys need them bad. You guys would skip a beat if you could land them. Otherwise you guys might be looking at a couple lean years.

ADVERTISEMENT