ADVERTISEMENT

Would you be open to meeting?

In the same bed?
giphy.gif

He can walk with a cane but if we go somewhere he needs the help of a wheelchair. It’s hard on him being so young and seeing everybody else starting their careers and stuff while he can’t. I think he’s dealing with depression right now also. I can’t imagine how hard it is on him. It absolutely kills me seeing him like that. Appreciate you asking!
Wow. What happened? You don’t have to discuss if you don’t want to.

Wow. What happened? You don’t have to discuss if you don’t want to.
I don’t mind man. Honestly sometimes it helps talking about it. So it started about the end of his junior year of highschool and it started out as a slight limp that got worse and they thought he tore his ACL. After weeks of multiple test on his knee they couldn’t find anything wrong with it so then they thought it was a capsule behind his knee so they put him in a cast for three weeks. After that there was no improvement so they had us come back a month later to see if anything had changed and it didn’t so they scheduled a MRI on his lower back. That took a few days and when that came back it showed nothing. The doctor then said “come back in a month” and I stepped in and stopped him. I said if it’s not his knee or his lower back it has to be in the upper back so get us in somewhere today for an MRI or we go elsewhere. They do the MRI and send us to Bowling Green where a doctor told us that Tucker had a cyst that was pushing against his spinal cord and would have to have a tube put in to drain it. I didn’t feel comfortable with that so I contacted Vanderbilt. They do there own MRI, long story short they got the MRI back and found out that his spinal cord had got out of its protective coating and was getting damaged while it hung there. First day of his senior year he was on the operating table at Vanderbilt. They had to go in and cut a big chunk of his spine out go down and patch the hole after they pull the spinal cord back in and then put the piece of bone back in his spine that they took out, they told us without the surgery he would be paralyzed and with the surgery overtime it could still get bad, stay the same, or get better, but how much better they couldn’t say. By the grace of God, he has got a little better (not much) but will always have to use a cane or a wheelchair from this point forward. It’s taken a toll on him and he’s dealing with a little bit of depression so I do everything I can just to be there for him.

I don’t mind man. Honestly sometimes it helps talking about it. So it started about the end of his junior year of highschool and it started out as a slight limp that got worse and they thought he tore his ACL. After weeks of multiple test on his knee they couldn’t find anything wrong with it so then they thought it was a capsule behind his knee so they put him in a cast for three weeks. After that there was no improvement so they had us come back a month later to see if anything had changed and it didn’t so they scheduled a MRI on his lower back. That took a few days and when that came back it showed nothing. The doctor then said “come back in a month” and I stepped in and stopped him. I said if it’s not his knee or his lower back it has to be in the upper back so get us in somewhere today for an MRI or we go elsewhere. They do the MRI and send us to Bowling Green where a doctor told us that Tucker had a cyst that was pushing against his spinal cord and would have to have a tube put in to drain it. I didn’t feel comfortable with that so I contacted Vanderbilt. They do there own MRI, long story short they got the MRI back and found out that his spinal cord had got out of its protective coating and was getting damaged while it hung there. First day of his senior year he was on the operating table at Vanderbilt. They had to go in and cut a big chunk of his spine out go down and patch the hole after they pull the spinal cord back in and then put the piece of bone back in his spine that they took out, they told us without the surgery he would be paralyzed and with the surgery overtime it could still get bad, stay the same, or get better, but how much better they couldn’t say. By the grace of God, he has got a little better (not much) but will always have to use a cane or a wheelchair from this point forward. It’s taken a toll on him and he’s dealing with a little bit of depression so I do everything I can just to be there for him.
Wow! I’m sorry to hear that. I will certainly pray for his improvement. I appreciate your attention to him for sure. That’s tough. Don’t know if it helps, but there are still people out there with worse and no chance for improvement. Here’s to hoping for a full recovery for the young man!

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Appreciate it buddy. He knows it could always be worse but it’s still hard on a young man just starting out in life. He see’s his other friends starting work and out doing things and it kills him. He’s a great young man and we will get through it. Michael J. Fox and the Back to the Future cast along with Chevy Chase is gonna be in Chicago this August so if everything works out and I can afford to go at the time I’m gonna surprise him with tickets to that. He loves going to these cons. Kinda our thing to do now that he can’t play sports anymore.

Last edited:
There's not an like feature that is 100% appropriate for this. I chose the love one because that is what your boy needs and you are giving. Feel terrible for him, but sometimes this kind of shit brings out the real good in people.

At one point I lost too much blood to survive, I would lose all use of my left arm, I suffered too much physical damage to my brain to regain full function. I lived, my arm is strong, and I am as good brain wise as I have ever been. (Low bar, I know) never prove those fvkers right.

Appreciate it buddy. He knows it could always be worse but it’s still hard on a young man just starting out in life. He see’s his other friends starting work and out doing things and it kills him. He’s a great young man and we will get through it. Michael J. Fox and the Back to the Future cast along with Chevy Chase is Gina be in Chicago this August so if everything works out and I can afford to go at the time I’m gonna surprise him with tickets to that. He loves going to these cons. Kinda our thing to do now that he can’t play sports anymore.
You're a great dad! I'm not the religious type, but keeping y'all in my thoughts! Also, have always heard Chase is a huge asshole in real life.

There's not an like feature that is 100% appropriate for this. I chose the love one because that is what your boy needs and you are giving. Feel terrible for him, but sometimes this kind of shit brings out the real good in people.

At one point I lost too much blood to survive, I would lose all use of my left arm, I suffered too much physical damage to my brain to regain full function. I lived, my arm is strong, and I am as good brain wise as I have ever been. (Low bar, I know) never prove those fvkers right.
Well we know you regained brain function because you're not a lib.

Thanks buddy. Glad you’re doing good. We are gonna see other doctors just to make sure we are doing everything possible and he will keep working hard to get better. Insurance would only pay for so much physical therapy and it’s about drained me trying to pay it myself as a single parent but I’ll crawl through hell and back for him. He really is the best young man you could ever find. Throw on top of that he has a 1 year old who he is a great dad to also.

ADVERTISEMENT