ADVERTISEMENT

Would Montverde make the tournament?

In a sport where HS players have and should be able to make the jump straight from HS to the NBA, you guys find it this unlikely that (possibly) the best HS team of all time would make a field of 68 college teams in a down year talent-wise in college basketball.

In a sport where HS players have and should be able to make the jump straight from HS to the NBA, you guys find it this unlikely that (possibly) the best HS team of all time would make a field of 68 college teams in a down year talent-wise in college basketball.
Yes.

The grind is a lot harder why?

Lol come on man. Playing 40 minutes against D1 athletes for 30+ games is a lot harder than a high school schedule where they'll play less than 10 games against teams with a bunch of high end talent. Cade Cunningham is awesome. Barnes is good. But their underclassmen recruits would be screwed going against 20 year olds that have been in a college S&C for multiple years.

You still haven't given any specifics on how they are making the tournament either. Are you throwing them in B10? WAC? Because they are Vanderbilt in a power conference. Probably Vandy in the mid majors too.

Reactions: klize17
Lol come on man. Playing 40 minutes against D1 athletes for 30+ games is a lot harder than a high school schedule where they'll play less than 10 games against teams with a bunch of high end talent. Cade Cunningham is awesome. Barnes is good. But their underclassmen recruits would be screwed going against 20 year olds that have been in a college S&C for multiple years.

You still haven't given any specifics on how they are making the tournament either. Are you throwing them in B10? WAC? Because they are Vanderbilt in a power conference. Probably Vandy in the mid majors too.

Montverde played 25 games between 11/29 and 2/1.

14 games of those games were out of state.

They are a prep school that plays a loaded schedule, not your typical HS basketball schedule.

Montverde played 25 games between 11/29 and 2/1.

14 games of those games were out of state.

They are a prep school that plays a loaded schedule, not your typical HS basketball schedule.
Loaded huh? Against? And the rosters on those loaded teams?

No offense, but you really have no clue. Especially if you are basing this off or TV games.

And, unless you are over 50, you have t seen enough.

I bet I could find state championship team that were better.

I saw Jamaal Murray and Thon Makur on the same team.

And comparing their talent to Vanderbilt is ridiculous.

Loaded huh? Against? And the rosters on those loaded teams?

No offense, but you really have no clue. Especially if you are basing this off or TV games.

And, unless you are over 50, you have t seen enough.

I bet I could find state championship team that were better.

I saw Jamaal Murray and Thon Makur on the same team.

You're going to end up on the ignore list if you're going to sit here and tell me that Orangeville Prep 2014/15 is better than Montverde 2019/20.

And comparing their talent to Vanderbilt is ridiculous.

Sure Montverde has more "talent". But once again. Talent doesn't tell the whole story. If it did UK and Duke would have won 7 straight titles. Take these 17/18 year olds against college kids 2/3 years older who have spent that time in a weight room and they get blown off the court. Vanderbilt with a healthy Nesmith beats these dudes by at least 20.

Sure Montverde has more "talent". But once again. Talent doesn't tell the whole story. If it did UK and Duke would have won 7 straight titles. Take these 17/18 year olds against college kids 2/3 years older who have spent that time in a weight room and they get blown off the court. Vanderbilt with a healthy Nesmith beats these dudes by at least 20.

What percentage of college all americans have been freshmen over the past 10 or so years? I'd say around 25%. You are overstating the importance of 2/3 years of weight room for this sport. It's not football. The elite high schoolers and college freshmen have bodies built beyond their age.

Last edited:
You're going to end up on the ignore list if you're going to sit here and tell me that Orangeville Prep 2014/15 is better than Montverde 2019/20.
Do what you have to do.

You just want to argue and have yet to prove one thing, but your opinion.

What percentage of college all americans have been freshmen over the past 10 or so years? I'd say around 25%. You are overstating the importance of 2/3 years of weight room for this sport. It's not football. The elite high schoolers and college freshmen have bodies built beyond their age.
Wrong.

Reactions: klize17 and RR30
Do what you have to do.

You just want to argue and have yet to prove one thing, but your opinion.

Montverde is 25-0 with 8 wins over other top 25 nationally ranked teams with most being 20-30 point blowouts.

Orangeville Prep lost to 18-9 Life Academy (unranked) and La Lumiure (unranked).

Teams like Washington

I can point to really good college teams that were extremely freshman dominant. Some being shitty doesn’t mean they all would be.

And they wouldn’t have to be really good. Just decent. And given how they might be the best HS basketball team ever assembled I think there’s a chance they have enough talent to be decent.

I can point to really good college teams that were extremely freshman dominant. Some being shitty doesn’t mean they all would be.

And they wouldn’t have to be really good. Just decent. And given how they might be the best HS basketball team ever assembled I think there’s a chance they have enough talent to be decent.
I agree but look at the two stud freshman for Washington. Mcdaniels and Stewart. Not a lot of teams had two guys coming in rated that high

I agree but look at the two stud freshman for Washington. Mcdaniels and Stewart. Not a lot of teams had two guys coming in rated that high

Haven’t seen Washington play. Is the roster constructed well? Is their coach good? Do they play well together as a team? I honestly don’t know. We’ll never know but I think it’s certainly a fun discussion.

The prep school scene right now isn’t like the HS basketball we are familiar with. These teams recruit players from all over the country and make super HS teams then compete against other super HS teams in a traveling schedule and tournaments.

Montverde is dominating these super HS teams at a level that’s pretty unprecedented. They beat the #2 team in the country by 20 and two other top 16 teams by over 30.

Their top-line players could compete, but the depth would be exposed. Even the highly-rated prospects are no guarantee to step into stardom immediately, which they’d need to do. I struggle to see a team of all freshman - young ones at that - regularly beating Syracuse, Georgia Tech, Pittsburgh, North Carolina, etc. Let alone the teams they’d need for resume builders.

Sure they could probably win the America East or Sun Belt, but that seems more like a loophole.
Oh they would beat us. Make no mistake about that.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Kris Murray just led his DME Academy to a win over Montverde, giving DME their 3rd win over a Nationally ranked team. beating IMG Academy and Woodstock Academy. Keegan was just named the Most Outstanding Player at the National Prep School Invitational.

Kris and Keegan dominated this so greatest team ever assembled.

hmm maybe Kris and Keegan are far better than walk on level players.

their father just tweeted out a update on these 2
Kris 6'7.5" 205 lbs in his bare feet with a 7'0 wingspan and 35 " vertical leads the team in rebounding and steals @2.5 spg will play the 2/3 @ Iowa
Keegan 6'8.5" 220 lbs in his bare feet with a 7'0 wingspan and 36" vertical leads the team in scoring @ 21.6 ppg will play the 4/3 @ Iowa.

both are solid perimeter defenders.

Kris Murray just led his DME Academy to a win over Montverde, giving DME their 3rd win over a Nationally ranked team. beating IMG Academy and Woodstock Academy. Keegan was just named the Most Outstanding Player at the National Prep School Invitational.

Kris and Keegan dominated this so greatest team ever assembled.

hmm maybe Kris and Keegan are far better than walk on level players.

their father just tweeted out a update on these 2
Kris 6'7.5" 205 lbs in his bare feet with a 7'0 wingspan and 35 " vertical leads the team in rebounding and steals @2.5 spg will play the 2/3 @ Iowa
Keegan 6'8.5" 220 lbs in his bare feet with a 7'0 wingspan and 36" vertical leads the team in scoring @ 21.6 ppg will play the 4/3 @ Iowa.

both are solid perimeter defenders.
Not sure if serious.

No. Well maybe if they played on one of the shit conferences and won a conference tournament. Would they get an at large bid? Hell no. They’re basically Memphis but with high school coaches, and a year less of college training.

Not sure if serious.
the score doesn't lie as DME Academy led by Iowa commit Kris Murray beat #6 Montverde Academy.

Keegan Murray led DME Academy with 36 points in the win over #1 IMG Academy at the time.

Keegan Murray led DME Academy with 35 points in the win over Woodstock Academy #7 at the time,

dead serious,

Keegan Murray was named the Most Outstanding Player at the National Prep School Invitational.

yet there are people stating that these 2 are just walk on level players only.

the score doesn't lie as DME Academy led by Iowa commit Kris Murray beat #6 Montverde Academy.

Keegan Murray led DME Academy with 36 points in the win over #1 IMG Academy at the time.

Keegan Murray led DME Academy with 35 points in the win over Woodstock Academy #7 at the time,

dead serious,

Keegan Murray was named the Most Outstanding Player at the National Prep School Invitational.

yet there are people stating that these 2 are just walk on level players only.

Link?

go to the DME Academy stats and schedule look under the DME Blue squad

Kenyon Murray keeps tweeting update on each game, the Blue squad is their Post HS Grad Team.

what's the matter can't stand the fact that the Murray Twins are far better than you or any BT posters want them to be.

go to the DME Academy stats and schedule look under the DME Blue squad

Kenyon Murray keeps tweeting update on each game, the Blue squad is their Post HS Grad Team.

what's the matter can't stand the fact that the Murray Twins are far better than you or any BT posters want them to be.

They didn’t play the Montverde team this thread is about.

ADVERTISEMENT