ADVERTISEMENT

Would Montverde make the tournament?

I think they could, I mean if all their highly rated prospects committed to the same college, that college would be preseason top 25 imo regardless if it was EKU

I think they could, I mean if all their highly rated prospects committed to the same college, that college would be preseason top 25 imo regardless if it was EKU

Exactly. The Duke vs NBA team comparison is dumb because of how massive that jump is. College NPOY’s can be G-League players at the next level.

I think so. I imagine a lot of the players are the same or similar of age to some college teams such as Utah, who has a ton of freshman....if college was such a big deal for development than OAD wouldnt be a thing. I imagine that talented OAD 18 year old seniors can compete with talented OAD 19 year old freshman.

Aside from having Cade Cunningham, the #1 projected pick of next year's NBA draft, they have four other five stars and four more top 100 players.

It's arguably the best HS basketball team ever.

I think they could, yes. They have an embarrassment of riches. Just a matter of adjusting to the three point line and playing cohesive defensive against athletes which are obviously much, much better than their current competition.

I think they could, yes. They have an embarrassment of riches. Just a matter of adjusting to the three point line and playing cohesive defensive against athletes which are obviously much, much better than their current competition.

The schedule they’ve played is like a low major conference and as one article said they’ve made them all look like JV teams besides IMG (#2 team in the country) who happened to keep it within single digits.

Reactions: dukedevilz
The schedule they’ve played is like a low major conference and as one article said they’ve made them all look like JV teams besides IMG (#2 team in the country) who happened to keep it within single digits.

There schedule is like a low major team? Laughable. The grind of a college team is a lot harder than high school ball too. Could they make it in the smallest conference in the country? Sure I guess. But even in those conferences you have to win the tournament to make it which is a lot harder said than done after 30 games in the regular season.

Reactions: RipThru
Their top-line players could compete, but the depth would be exposed. Even the highly-rated prospects are no guarantee to step into stardom immediately, which they’d need to do. I struggle to see a team of all freshman - young ones at that - regularly beating Syracuse, Georgia Tech, Pittsburgh, North Carolina, etc. Let alone the teams they’d need for resume builders.

Sure they could probably win the America East or Sun Belt, but that seems more like a loophole.

If Montverde is some women's school, then no.

Wait, forgive me I'm slow. Montverde would win D1 Women's championship.

most women I know could f up a blowjob, I'm sure a teenage boy could do better. There's no doubt, a top level HS boys team could win at a women's collegiate level. don't think they'd stand a chance at a man's level.

Nope, HS players do not play defense and the stars do not know how to play within a team of other talented guys. Plus the speed of the game is a killer for them. And I doubt they're conditioned as well as college freshman.

Their top-line players could compete, but the depth would be exposed. Even the highly-rated prospects are no guarantee to step into stardom immediately, which they’d need to do. I struggle to see a team of all freshman - young ones at that - regularly beating Syracuse, Georgia Tech, Pittsburgh, North Carolina, etc. Let alone the teams they’d need for resume builders.

Sure they could probably win the America East or Sun Belt, but that seems more like a loophole.

They wouldn't need their depth players to be stars. How many tournament teams have stars 8 players deep?

Cade Cunningham would probably be the #1 overall pick if the NBA draft was held right now and Barnes still a lottery pick. You surround that with 6 more top 100 role players and that's a tournament team IMO.

Nope, HS players do not play defense and the stars do not know how to play within a team of other talented guys. Plus the speed of the game is a killer for them. And I doubt they're conditioned as well as college freshman.

"The stars do not know how to play within a team of other talented guys". You haven't seen this team play, I presume?

There schedule is like a low major team? Laughable. The grind of a college team is a lot harder than high school ball too. Could they make it in the smallest conference in the country? Sure I guess. But even in those conferences you have to win the tournament to make it which is a lot harder said than done after 30 games in the regular season.

The grind is a lot harder why?

They wouldn't need their depth players to be stars. How many tournament teams have stars 8 players deep?

Cade Cunningham would probably be the #1 overall pick if the NBA draft was held right now and Barnes still a lottery pick. You surround that with 6 more top 100 role players and that's a tournament team IMO.
Saw them twice this year. No, they don’t make the tourney.

Saw them twice this year. No, they don’t make the tourney.

What games? They've looked dominant in their ESPN games. One of those games was vs #3 in the country DeMatha Catholic.

Montverde is arguably the best high school team ever. You guys are dismissing just how good and loaded they are.

If Montverde is some women's school, then no.

Wait, forgive me I'm slow. Montverde would win D1 Women's championship.

most women I know could f up a blowjob, I'm sure a teenage boy could do better. There's no doubt, a top level HS boys team could win at a women's collegiate level. don't think they'd stand a chance at a man's level.

This team has two players that would skip college basketball and both be lottery picks in this summer (including one probable #1 overall pick). This isn't football where there is a huge gap in physicality between elite high schoolers and college juniors.

No it’s not.

What games? They've looked dominant in their ESPN games. One of those games was vs #3 in the country DeMatha Catholic.

Montverde is arguably the best high school team ever. You guys are dismissing just how good and loaded they are.
In person twice. Yep. Good HIGH SCHOOL team.

Nobody said they’d need to be stars, but they’d need to be competent. As soon as you get to the 4th and 5th starter there’s going to be a huge gap that’s only going to compound the other deficiencies like mental and physical development.

The reality is that you’d need to hit 1.000 and have every 17-year old play relatively well, immediately - which simply isn’t going to happen. It’s fun to look at a roster and say they’d be talented enough to make it, but when you apply certain realities it seems far-fetched.

If Montverde played Memphis today, would you expect Montverde to win?

Nobody said they’d need to be stars, but they’d need to be competent. As soon as you get to the 4th and 5th starter there’s going to be a huge gap that’s only going to compound the other deficiencies like mental and physical development.

The reality is that you’d need to hit 1.000 and have every 17-year old play relatively well, immediately - which simply isn’t going to happen. It’s fun to look at a roster and say they’d be talented enough to make it, but when you apply certain realities it seems far-fetched.

If Montverde played Memphis today, would you expect Montverde to win?

I think Montverde would have the best player on the court by a comfortable margin. And I think Cunningham and Barnes are both drafted over anyone playing for Memphis if the draft was held today.

How good the role players would hang would determine the ceiling.

I think Montverde would have the best player on the court by a comfortable margin. And I think Cunningham and Barnes are both drafted over anyone playing for Memphis if the draft was held today.

It’s the things like how a lot of the time freshman bigs foul at unimaginable clips. Or guards struggle with the pace of the game, and wings can’t create the space they used to. It’s more about the adjustment period than talent. While there could be immediate college stars, and there almost certainly are, there are also sure to be a Marques Bolden, Khalil Whitney, Jalen Carey, etc. Even if they’re lucky and get, say, Wendell Moore or Matthew Hurt level production - it’s really dicey whether that’s good enough as your 2nd or 3rd option.

Reactions: Big_Blue79

You are absolutely fng crazy. Barnes over Achewia(sp). No way.

It’s the things like how a lot of the time freshman bigs foul at unimaginable clips. Or guards struggle with the pace of the game, and wings can’t create the space they used to. It’s more about the adjustment period than talent. While there could be immediate college stars, and there almost certainly are, there are also sure to be a Marques Bolden, Khalil Whitney, Jalen Carey, etc. Even if they’re lucky and get, say, Wendell Moore or Matthew Hurt level production - it’s really dicey whether that’s good enough as your 2nd or 3rd option.

I don't worry about pace of the game struggles with prep school players much.

Cunningham is on a different level then all the players you just mentioned. We aren't going to get anywhere with this.

I don't worry about pace of the game struggles with prep school players much.

Cunningham is on a different level then all the players you just mentioned. We aren't going to get anywhere with this.
You’re stuck on Cunningham. He’s great. Nobody is disputing that or saying he’s not amazing. I trust you know that it takes more than one great player. I also trust you know Cunningham wasn’t the one I was comparing to Marques Bolden. Which makes it an intriguing rebuttal.

ADVERTISEMENT