ADVERTISEMENT

Who are the top 5 programs in order?

Didn't that scandal break out right before them playing in the Liberty Bowl, and they had to ration the players being suspended so they could field a team? In other words, some of the players were grouped into suspensions for games in the following season.

It was the Music City Bowl. FSU self-suspended like 28 players. We played a game with around 50 guys. Half our starters gone. Also suspended them some the following year. Still had 20ish wins vacated, scholarships taken, and penalties in other sports. All because an online music history class gave away answers to the final to all students, including the 15% of students who were athletes.

Reactions: American Male
So, you don't think it's cheating but acknowledged that there's no effort to instill any measure of academic accountability? Sounds contradictory to me. Again, to emphasize, I have not bashed UNC for cheating. I've acknowledged that they have cheated, which Kentucky has done, UCLA has done, and Gonzaga probably has done. I remember one time in a Chicago paper there was a Q & A with Michael Jordan and one of the questions was "What's your favorite book?" He actually answered, "I don't think I've ever read a book."

UNC has instilled academic accountability so I'm not sure what you are talking about there.

So the point is you are not bashing UNC for something they didn't do?

You remember that quote? Shouldn't be hard to find then so I'm sure you can do that.

The difference is, FSU got nailed BEFORE the NCAA was embarrassed and emasculated by the Miami fiasco. Whereas unc was investigated after the Miami ordeal. The NCAA is a shell of its former self and Hamilton and Bobby both deserve their wins back.

Yeah, probably. They have longed overstepped their bounds for BS.

Reactions: KisteK and GE Nole
UNC has instilled academic accountability so I'm not sure what you are talking about there.

You remember that quote? Shouldn't be hard to find then so I'm sure you can do that.

What?!?

Reactions: KisteK
It was the Music City Bowl. FSU self-suspended like 28 players. We played a game with around 50 guys. Half our starters gone. Also suspended them some the following year. Still had 20ish wins vacated, scholarships taken, and penalties in other sports. All because an online music history class gave away answers to the final to all students, including the 15% of students who were athletes.
Gotcha. Remember all that now.

Let's try to net this out. In discussing UNC you wrote, "they just don't even attempt to act like they are trying to make their students do anything resembling normal academics." And now you write "UNC has instilled academic accountability." Maybe you don't know what I'm talking about because, given these two quotes from you, I don't know what you're talking about.

The point is, I'm not bashing UNC for cheating. Given that you don't think they're cheating, I guess it could be said that "I'm not bashing UNC for something that you think they didn't do." I guess the issue is that you distinguish cheating from aspects of academic fraud that give competitive advantages to athletes.

Are you requesting the quote Michael Jordan gave about not having read a book? Sorry, that was in a Sunday newspaper supplement eons ago and nothing that I can retrieve.

Let's try to net this out. In discussing UNC you wrote, "they just don't even attempt to act like they are trying to make their students do anything resembling normal academics." And now you write "UNC has instilled academic accountability." Maybe you don't know what I'm talking about because, given these two quotes from you, I don't know what you're talking about.

The point is, I'm not bashing UNC for cheating. Given that you don't think they're cheating, I guess it could be said that "I'm not bashing UNC for something that you think they didn't do." You said you don't think Kentucky cheats, so you have no objection about how they handle their program (Purolator cough!!!! cough!!!!).

Are you requesting the quote Michael Jordan gave about not having read a book? Sorry, that was in a Sunday newspaper supplement eons ago and nothing that I can retrieve.

Lol, you have to be just trolling. It isn't UNC that doesn't even attempt to act like they are trying to make their students do anything resembling normal academics. It is other places. It is difficult to converse with someone who incorrectly corrects people's grammar and who can't understand what people are posting.

I'm not sure anything you said in that second paragraph makes sense but I have no issues with Kentucky. Are you talking about oil filters??

I mean, if he said that it would be easily accessible via the internet, especially after all that has happened recently. So it shouldn't be hard to find if you aren't full of it. I would suggest doing that if you are going to stick by it (assuming you understand what I'm saying here). Although reading an entire book isn't really required to be successful or to graduate. My brother is a very successful electrical engineer who graduated with honors from a really good engineering school and has never read a book.

Lol, you have to be just trolling. It isn't UNC that doesn't even attempt to act like they are trying to make their students do anything resembling normal academics. It is other places. It is difficult to converse with someone who incorrectly corrects people's grammar and who can't understand what people are posting.

I'm not sure anything you said in that second paragraph makes sense but I have no issues with Kentucky. Are you talking about oil filters??

I mean, if he said that it would be easily accessible via the internet, especially after all that has happened recently. So it shouldn't be hard to find if you aren't full of it. I would suggest doing that if you are going to stick by it (assuming you understand what I'm saying here). Although reading an entire book isn't really required to be successful. My brother is a very successful electrical engineer and has never read a book.
It's true I made a mistake about your grammar, but your sentence structure was so crude that such a mistake can be forgiven. LOL, you just wrote "It isn't UNC that doesn't"? Oddly enough, that murky writing clarified the nigh indecipherable sentence in your previous post. So great, you think UNC instilled academic accountability despite the numerous online sources claiming that they didn't.

I don't think it would be easy to find that MJ quote, but by all means delve into the various supplements to the Chicago Tribune or Chicago SunTimes Sunday newspapers from about 20 or so years ago. Good luck. And why are you debating that reading a book is necessary for success? Nobody said it was. You Tarheels just have to be so defensive.

It's true I made a mistake about your grammar, but your sentence structure was so crude that such a mistake can be forgiven. LOL, you just wrote "It isn't UNC that doesn't"? Oddly enough, that murky writing clarified the nigh indecipherable sentence in your previous post. So great, you think UNC instilled academic accountability despite the numerous online sources claiming that they didn't.

I don't think it would be easy to find that MJ quote, but by all means delve into the various supplements to the Chicago Tribune or Chicago SunTimes Sunday newspapers from about 20 or so years ago. Good luck. And why are you debating that reading a book is necessary for success? Nobody said it was. You Tarheels just have to be so defensive.

It wasn't me you corrected dude, lol.

Yes, they have instilled academic accountability, which is why they are not on probation anymore. They had an academic issue and fixed it. You really need to educate yourself a little better before trying to discuss something.

I have no interest in finding it tbh. I'm not the one trying to use it to make some sort of point, though I'm not sure what point you were even trying to make. If you think it helps, find it and then explain why it is relevant. If not you shouldn't have brought it up. That is on you, Banjo.

Regardless, I've got to golf in the morning so roll with it. It's all yours.

It wasn't me you corrected dude, lol.

Yes, they have instilled academic accountability, which is why they are not on probation anymore. They had an academic issue and fixed it. You really need to educate yourself a little better before trying to discuss something.

I have no interest in finding it tbh. I'm not the one trying to use it to make some sort of point, though I'm not sure what point you were even trying to make. If you think it helps, find it and then explain why it is relevant. If not you shouldn't have brought it up. That is on you, Banjo.

Regardless, I've got to golf in the morning so roll with it. It's all yours.
Very good. This last post of yours is much clearer. My chiding seems to have had a positive effect on you. Of course, the substance of your post is still lacking. According to a multitude of sources, UNC committed academic fraud that provided a competitive advantage to many athletes. If they corrected it, kudos. Do you disagree with the Time article I linked?

The Jordan quote was a light anecdote, and you should be able to grasp how it touches on the discussion. If you have no interest in getting the quote, why did you request it? Good luck on your golf game. Hope you don't hit the windmill.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. I just think that when you look at the entire body of work, you have to take the good & bad. Fact is, UK has MULTIPLE NCAA violations that have led to probation. Which two of those being major violations. Those have to count against them.
UNC has exactly 1 probation for 1 year.

Jesus Sugartits just get over it already. UK is #1 and all your bitching and moaning isn’t gonna change it. You want facts? Fact is UK has been on probation and hit a stretch where we didn’t win titles that often and UNCheat still couldn’t catch or pass us. Love you pudding!

You should be pissed at what UNC got away with!

UNC never even admitted they did anything wrong, much less have instilled any type of academic accountability.

UNC never even admitted they did anything wrong, much less have instilled any type of academic accountability.

Because from the beginning they said it was a academic issue. You’re wrong again about the accountability beacause SACS put them on 12 months probation to fix the issues. Soon after they they followed up and saw where UNC fixed the problems.

Because from the beginning they said it was a academic issue. You’re wrong again about the accountability beacause SACS put them on 12 months probation to fix the issues. Soon after they they followed up and saw where UNC fixed the problems.
LOL, so you're saying that they provided academic accountabilty after they were put on probation for academic fraud that benefited many student/athletes.

No, and that was never the intention of the class, it was too keep athletes eligible to keep playing the sport. And it worked well for 18 years.

If that was the case we would of got smacked by the NCAA. The same NCAA that said your coach had nothing to do with UMass and Memphis losing thier final 4’s.

If that was the case we would of got smacked by the NCAA. The same NCAA that said your coach had nothing to do with UMass and Memphis losing thier final 4’s.
No. UNC had enough balls to challenge the NCAA with court battles and they blinked. No other schools have ever challenged the NCAA that way. I am giving UNC a compliment, they fought back and won, be proud. However that does not mean UNC was innocent, just like OJ, you were not found innocent, just not guilty, big difference.

No, UNC masterfully finagled the system by having its athletes intermingled in sham courses with the general student population. It was the perfect way to avoid NCAA sanctions while having its athletes receive an unfair competitive advantage.

Rupp was labeled a racist because of things he said about blacks, not because of one damn game.
As if no other persons in the south in the 50's and 60's did not say such bad things? Have you never said things that years later you regret? I think we all have, does that mean you are labeled for the rest of your life as a racist or anything else? Times change, people change, agree?

No, UNC masterfully finagled the system by having its athletes intermingled in sham courses with the general student population. It was the perfect way to avoid NCAA sanctions while having its athletes receive an unfair competitive advantage.

Laughing

No. UNC had enough balls to challenge the NCAA with court battles and they blinked. No other schools have ever challenged the NCAA that way. I am giving UNC a compliment, they fought back and won, be proud. However that does not mean UNC was innocent, just like OJ, you were not found innocent, just not guilty, big difference.

People like you bring this up, not UNC fans and it turns into whizzing contest. We laugh because you can’t change the past and all it does it gets the haters mad all over again. Don’t be mad because we’re laughing, be mad because you’re beating a dead horse.

Don’t forget that Gonzaga is doing the same thing.

As if no other persons in the south in the 50's and 60's did not say such bad things? Have you never said things that years later you regret? I think we all have, does that mean you are labeled for the rest of your life as a racist or anything else? Times change, people change, agree?
I agree but some of the racist quotes from Rupp was towards the end of his career. I understand how times we’re back then, I’ve heard how my father & grandparents were treated but it doesn’t change the fact that Rupp was a racist.

People like you bring this up, not UNC fans and it turns into whizzing contest. We laugh because you can’t change the past and all it does it gets the haters mad all over again. Don’t be mad because we’re laughing, be mad because you’re beating a dead horse.
You should laugh. You guys best the system. You have every reason to laugh.

Don’t forget that Gonzaga is doing the same thing.
They probably are, but I'm not indignant, uptight, and heavily in denial about it like so many UNC fans seem to be. As I said, I didn't read your posts about the Zags because I care so little about the issue other than to tease those who take the matter so seriously.

You should laugh. You guys best the system. You have every reason to laugh.

I’m laughing at the people that keep bringing it up. I said all along with other UNC fans that was a embarrassing look and the university took the necessary steps to fix them. Had SACS deemed those classes fraudulent then the NCAA would of hammered us.

I agree but some of the racist quotes from Rupp was towards the end of his career. I understand how times we’re back then, I’ve heard how my father & grandparents were treated but it doesn’t change the fact that Rupp was a racist.
Did you know him personally? If not then you can’t label him that way. Rupp recruited Wes Unseld and Wes wanted to come to uk. His parents asked Rupp if he could guarantee Wes’s safety when uk went to Mississippi and Alabama to play games. Rupp honestly told them that under the circumstances down south he could not guarantee that. So Wes chose UL. Rupp told them he understood.

Don’t know why you have this hate for a man you never knew.

Was Rupp racist, probably to a certain degree like most everyone else in that era.

Rupp was born and raised in Kansas. His parents were German and Austrian. You suggesting that all Kansas and German and Austrian are racist as well.

Your hate for anything UK and it’s fans cloud your judgement.

They probably are, but I'm not indignant, uptight, and heavily in denial about it like so many UNC fans seem to be. As I said, I didn't read your posts about the Zags because I care so little about the issue other than to tease those who take the matter so seriously.
Judging by your MULTIPLE post about the subject, you care a great deal.

Reactions: 829305

Not uptight, in denial or indignant. That describes you because you are arguing something that’s been settled. You posted links and try to make your case but you don’t care. If you don’t care why speak on it? Laughing

Reactions: uncfan in ky
ADVERTISEMENT