ADVERTISEMENT

Who are the top 5 programs in order?

LOL. Again, sorry you can't handle this major scandal. At least you're not worried about the scandal itself, just the accusation.

Not worried about any of it so tell me, what did the NCAA rule on this? I mean you are so credible. Are you face book friends with RM?

Not worried about any of it so tell me, what did the NCAA rule on this? I mean you are so credible. Are you face book friends with RM?
They concluded that it was a horrendous scandal that was outside their purview. And you somehow think that that makes UNC look clean?

Reactions: American Male
Now I will give you that and a 12 month SACS probation fixed that.
LOL, I don't know what you think you're giving me. I'm quoting stuff that's totally established. What's funny is that even the articles you guys are citing to absolve you contain passages that substantiate the scandal.

LOL, I don't know what you think you're giving me. I'm quoting stuff that's totally established. What's funny is that even the articles you guys are citing to absolve you contain passages that substantiate the scandal.

You're quoting information that had no bearing on the ruling, keep trying.

Sure. Play dumb.
What? Read the date on your article. Besides, why quibble about McCants. I'm talking about the entire thing. What's really funny is that I wasn't singling out UNC. I said that Kentucky, UNC, and UCLA have rich traditions of cheating. UCLA wasn't even caught. I don't care if a team cheats. College basketball is so dirty it's just a way of proving you care. What is funny is the indignation in the face of the well established cheating.

LOL, I really thought you guys were big enough to admit that you cheated, whether or not an NCAA violation was involved. This has been fun, but it's still Saturday night and beers await.

LOL, I really thought you guys were big enough to admit that you cheated, whether or not an NCAA violation was involved. This has been fun, but it's still Saturday night and beers await.

No sanctions means no cheating, is that hard to grasp?

The UNC cadre here, especially since the end of the scandal, has been the most interesting social group on the forum... uniquely circled-the-wagon and unified, more so than with any other schools fans, and with this certain tendency to attack en masse more than any other. Natural, I suppose, given all that has transpired.

you're. And McCants is a fine example, even if you regard him as a whistleblower.

Umm, it is your actually. That may be a first, lol.

Your article was dated 2004, Why is that more valid than things he stated 10 years afterward?

If you really don't understand why one would carry more weight than the other you are in over your head. It has actually been stated in this thread though.

The UNC cadre here, especially since the end of the scandal, has been the most interesting social group on the forum... uniquely circled-the-wagon and unified, more so than with any other schools fans, and with this certain tendency to attack en masse more than any other. Natural, I suppose, given all that has transpired.

Natural given how wrong you guys are about it. That's the thing. Mention it for what it is and we will not only not 'circle' but agree with you, probably even express some sort of message board shame. You guys just keep being dishonest about it though, continually expressing your opinions about it as if they somehow justify being wrong all along. They don't. It is on those who are incorrect to stop or to at least expect some us to remind you we were right. I tried like crazy to get through to you during the ordeal but was continually dismissed, usually with ridiculous and irrational comments.

Reactions: 829305
Odds on the 1st UK fan to claim that Cal was cleared by the NCAA?
I think we all know who that’ll be.

Hell, I'll say Cal was cleared. I'm consistent though, unlike some of them (and some of our own as well).

Regardless, the whole 'cheating' aspect of it is what is so strange. Even from an academic aspect it wasn't really cheating. It was wrong and embarrassing and terribly irresponsible by academia but not sure it would classify as cheating. They didn't really gain any academic advantage that I can see. If anything, they did the exact opposite, though it had no lasting impact as we see by UNC's reputation still being stellar.

Reactions: 829305
What? Read the date on your article. Besides, why quibble about McCants. I'm talking about the entire thing. What's really funny is that I wasn't singling out UNC. I said that Kentucky, UNC, and UCLA have rich traditions of cheating. UCLA wasn't even caught. I don't care if a team cheats. College basketball is so dirty it's just a way of proving you care. What is funny is the indignation in the face of the well established cheating.

Believe you me, I know it’s all a cesspool. Just saying that using McCants as a witness is something any sane lawyer would never do. Dude is just bitter things didn’t turn out like he thought they would. The point wasn’t that either way he spun it was truer than the other. The point is he’s a liar one way or the other.

Believe you me, I know it’s all a cesspool. Just saying that using McCants as a witness is something any sane lawyer would never do. Dude is just bitter things didn’t turn out like he thought they would. The point wasn’t that either way he spun it was truer than the other. The point is he’s a liar one way or the other.
McCants may be bitter, spiteful, and have ignoble ulterior motives, but it doesn't mean that how the university handled his academic situation wasn't disgraceful..

You don't understand. I don't care whether Gonzaga cheats. Unlike you, I can accept that as part of what goes on in a major basketball program. Is this your acknowledgement that every program does it? If so, good for you.
So if you don’t care that a team you root for cheats, then why call out other teams that, in your opinion, cheat?
Seems odd you’d even bring it up.

So if you don’t care that a team you root for cheats, then why call out other teams that, in your opinion, cheat?
Seems odd you’d even bring it up.
I brought it up because there's been a back and forth between Kentucky and North Carolina fans over cheating. I found that bizarre given that they have both been so guilty of that. It's like Roseanne Barr and Rosie O'Donnell calling each other a big fat slob. I threw UCLA in there pro gratis. What I don't understand is why Tarheel Nation is so defensive about a scandal that everyone knows fulsomely exists.

I brought it up because there's been a back and forth between Kentucky and North Carolina fans over cheating. I found that bizarre given that they have both been so guilty of that. It's like Roseanne Barr and Rosie O'Donnell calling each other a big fat slob. I threw UCLA in there pro gratis. What I don't understand is why Tarheel Nation is so defensive about a scandal that everyone knows fulsomely exists.
And now it’s bizarre that a Gonzaga fan, after being proven to have cheated, continues to bash other teams.

And now it’s bizarre that a Gonzaga fan, after being proven to have cheated, continues to bash other teams.
No, it's hardly bizarre. Unlike UNC and UK fans, I'm not diminishing a program's accomplishments based on whatever cheating they might have done, nor am I trying to defensively mitigate their culpability in the cheating. I didn't even read your accounts about the Zags, but accept it as something that likely occurred. Sorry you can't grasp that. Maybe one of Rashad McCant's tutors can explain it to you. ;)

No, it's hardly bizarre. Unlike UNC and UK fans, I'm not diminishing a program's accomplishments based on whatever cheating they might have done, nor am I trying to defensively mitigate their culpability in the cheating. I didn't even read your accounts about the Zags, but accept it as something that likely occurred. Sorry you can't grasp that. Maybe one of Rashad McCant's tutors can explain it to you. ;)

But I don't think Gonzaga cheated. I also don't see where UK has cheated (except for in the distant past). I don't think UNC cheated either. You fail to grasp that what happened at UNC with academics sucked for academics but has nothing to do with cheating. Also, even though it sucked, there are similar things going on other places but no one cares because they just don't even attempt to act like they are trying to make their students do anything resembling normal academics. They just give them credit for playing sports. That's great as far as I'm concerned. I don't know why people care so much about what these kids do tbh.

Right, it was academic, like we have said all along. That has been our point this entire time. I don't even know it is even discussed on a basketball message board tbh.

FSU did the exact the same thing, except on a smaller scale. The exact. Same. Thing. With one music history class. Athletes and normal students enrolled. All students got free answers to the final.

FSU ended up getting wins vacated in multiple sports, some scholarships gone, track titles taken away, and multiple years of probation.

What’s the difference?

But I don't think Gonzaga cheated. I also don't see where UK has cheated (except for in the distant past). I don't think UNC cheated either. You fail to grasp that what happened at UNC with academics sucked for academics but has nothing to do with cheating. Also, even though it sucked, there are similar things going on other places but no one cares because they just don't even attempt to act like they are trying to make their students do anything resembling normal academics. They just give them credit for playing sports. That's great as far as I'm concerned. I don't know why people care so much about what these kids do tbh.
So, you don't think it's cheating but acknowledged that there's no effort to instill any measure of academic accountability? Sounds contradictory to me. Again, to emphasize, I have not bashed UNC for cheating. I've acknowledged that they have cheated, which Kentucky has done, UCLA has done, and Gonzaga probably has done. I remember one time in a Chicago paper there was a Q & A with Michael Jordan and one of the questions was "What's your favorite book?" He actually answered, "I don't think I've ever read a book."

FSU did the exact the same thing, except on a smaller scale. The exact. Same. Thing. With one music history class. Athletes and normal students enrolled. All students got free answers to the final.

FSU ended up getting wins vacated in multiple sports, some scholarships gone, track titles taken away, and multiple years of probation.

What’s the difference?

No idea. I don't follow FSU stuff. You guys possibly got screwed. Seriously, just no clue nor would I defend the NCAA for it. I know other schools give credit for doing less than what these kids at UNC did and they don't even get investigated so you should really have an issue with them.

What’s the difference?
Didn't that scandal break out right before them playing in the Liberty Bowl, and they had to ration the players being suspended so they could field a team? In other words, some of the players were grouped into suspensions for games in the following season.

No idea. I don't follow FSU stuff. You guys possibly got screwed. Seriously, just no clue nor would I defend the NCAA for it. I know other schools give credit for doing less than what these kids at UNC did and they don't even get investigated so you should really have an issue with them.

The difference is, FSU got nailed BEFORE the NCAA was embarrassed and emasculated by the Miami fiasco. Whereas unc was investigated after the Miami ordeal. The NCAA is a shell of its former self and Hamilton and Bobby both deserve their wins back.

ADVERTISEMENT