ADVERTISEMENT

Who are the top 5 programs in order?

rollsroyce8420

Gold Member
Dec 26, 2003
This will be interesting to see from a neutral standpoint. I think the candidates are Kansas, North Carolina, Duke, Kentucky and UCLA. What I want to know is when the rubber meets the road and all things are considered from success to support to present day relevancy, how do you rank these 5 in their spot as overall best program.

This will be interesting to see from a neutral standpoint. I think the candidates are Kansas, North Carolina, Duke, Kentucky and UCLA. What I want to know is when the rubber meets the road and all things are considered from success to support to present day relevancy, how do you rank these 5 in their spot as overall best program.
That was only your 3rd post in 15 years?

Good one, though. I’m not ‘neutral’, but I’d agree with the previous ones: UK, UNC, KU, Duke, UCLA

1. Kentucky
2. North Carolina
3. Kansas
4. Duke
5. UCLA

I think KU and Duke are 3 and 4 would be where the discussion is at.
I"d probably put Duke above KU right now, however if KU wins this year, then I would put KU above Duke.

They're close in wins and Duke has 5 titles to KU's three. If KU had 4, then with their wins, I don't see how they're not #3.

The thing that stands out is everyone has UCLA 5th. This tells me that this board is pretty sharp. While they have the most titles, 10 of their 11 titles were earned from 1964-1975. They have only 1 more over the next 43 years. I would agree with the above posters.

1. Kentucky
2. North Carolina
3. Kansas
4. Duke
5. UCLA

I think KU and Duke are 3 and 4 would be where the discussion is at.
Flip KU and Duke...I agree if KU wins it all this year they vault to #3 all time.

Duke right now how has a 2 championship advantage over Kansas which is too much to discount given the goal of this sport.

Flip KU and Duke...I agree if KU wins it all this year they vault to #3 all time.

Duke right now how has a 2 championship advantage over Kansas which is too much to discount given the goal of this sport.
No chance in hell that Duke is better all time than KU.

Reactions: Jayhawkai
No chance in hell that Duke is better all time than KU.
Championships matter bro.

5>3

That said, KU beats Duke in most other categories so if y’all can win it all this year, I’ll concede that KU is a better program for now.

Reactions: jayhawker332
Could go either way between KU and Duke, although I think KU's longevity should give it an edge. The difference in titles is one game from 1991. One game out of 120 years of basketball.

Reactions: American Male
Championships matter bro.

5>3

That said, KU beats Duke in most other categories so if y’all can win it all this year, I’ll concede that KU is a better program for now.
There is no NCAA championship to win if there is no KU basketball.

KU > Duke

Now go cry and trip some people like your hero.

KU > Duke

You invented the game but others perfected it, you’ll get no sympathy here.

Go win this championship on Monday and then we”ll talk. Actions speak louder than words.

Right now Duke had 5 championships and KU only has 3.

Go win this championship on Monday and then we”ll talk. Actions speak louder than words.

You're a dumb little bitch and those are the only words that matter. Duke's relevance began with K and will end with him. You will slip right back into the joke that you were before he arrived. Kansas has done more and means more to the sport of basketball than the whiners in Durham ever will. You ever even the best program in your own damn state! And basketball was perfected by Kansas.

KU > Duke

I’d actually agree with this. KU clearly has the “big picture” over Duke, but when combining history with the present day situation, Duke may have a slight edge but also may not. Coin flip. This weekend probably solidified KU at the 3 spot.

Even though there are 5 agreed upon blue bloods In Hoops, it’s hard to ignore that Indiana is right there as a 6th all time historical program.

Since I’ve been following college basketball, my list is...

1) Duke
2) UNC
3) Louisville
4) Kansas

5) Kentucky

Reactions: tw3301
Since I’ve been following college basketball, my list is...

1) Duke
2) UNC
3) Louisville
4) Kansas

5) Kentucky
200w.gif

You're a dumb little bitch and those are the only words that matter. Duke's relevance began with K and will end with him. You will slip right back into the joke that you were before he arrived. Kansas has done more and means more to the sport of basketball than the whiners in Durham ever will. You ever even the best program in your own damn state! And basketball was perfected by Kansas.
High school can be pretty rough, but you’ll find your niche

Jesus dude. Relax

How is North Carolina not #1 right NOW? Carolina had a better season than Kentucky this season and the Tar Heels have been to the previous two national title games and won one. Roy also has more national titles than anyone over the last 15-years.

1. UNC
2. Kentucky
3. Kansas
4. Duke
5. UCLA

I'd put Duke over KU at the moment. Agree that if KU doesn't choke again I'd put them at 3.

I’m going to assume we’re talking about all time.
1. UNC
2. UK
3.Duke
4. Kansas
5. UCLA

Before the UK fans @ me. UK has a great history & have been great for many many years. UK also have A LOT of NCAA violations & multiple probations, including 2 major one. Sorry, but that has to count against them.

Last edited:
1. UNC
2. UK
3.Duke
4. Kansas
5. UCLA

Before the UK @ me. UK has a great history & have been great for many many years. UK also have A LOT of NCAA violations & multiple probations, including 2 major one. Sorry, but that has to count against them.
They cheat!!#

Reactions: uncfan in ky
How is North Carolina not #1 right NOW? Carolina had a better season than Kentucky this season and the Tar Heels have been to the previous two national title games and won one. Roy also has more national titles than anyone over the last 15-years.

1. UNC
2. Kentucky
3. Kansas
4. Duke
5. UCLA
If you’re including entire history, Kentucky is number one.

KU > Duke

Eh. There's a reason that Duke is always the hot topic of discussion every year, and Kansas... not as much. Congrats on your accomplishments back in 1872?

1. UNC
2. UK
3.Duke
4. Kansas
5. UCLA

Before the UK @ me. UK has a great history & have been great for many many years. UK also have A LOT of NCAA violations & multiple probations, including 2 major one. Sorry, but that has to count against them.
Lol lawyers are the only reason UNC is allowed to play in the post season for the next hundred years.

As a program North Carolina is better than duke. Duke is coach k. UNC has had more than one coach to win it all.

1. UNC
2. Kentucky
3. Kansas
4. Duke
5. UCLA
I didn’t realize we were ranking the past fifteen years

Congrats on your accomplishments back in 1872?

I mean Kentucky only has 3 titles in the last 40 years. Roy has that in the last 14 years. If old titles don’t count Kentucky should plummet, considering 4 of their titles are from 60+ years ago. I don’t even think people without light skin tones were allowed to play in those games. Lol. No wonder most UK fans loathe the Heels.

ADVERTISEMENT