ADVERTISEMENT

Which teams are represented by the most fans here?

jace4655555

Jul 11, 2018
It might just be because I'm a IU fan, and I just notice these posters more often, but I'd say UK, IU and surprisedly Purdue has a lot of fans here. I usually don't pay much attention to who likes what team, so I figured others would have a better idea on this then I do.

We (LSU) have 2 lol. Was surprised more SEC fans don't show up but I guess UK and UT have several to make up.

giphy.gif

Yea, UK and Duke for sure have the most. UNC, Indiana, Kansas, and Louisville seem to have a good amount as well. The B1G is represented well in general.
Like I said, I never really paid much attention to it, but I'm surprised so many people are saying Duke. If I would have guessed, I wouldn't have them in the top 3 or 4. I'm sure you all are probably right...just never noticed it.

In the grand scheme of things...Ku has their own niche .
I mean, if we're being honest they're incredibly boring to the average fan of another team. They haven't had a super elite team since 2011 but every season since they've managed to be a #1 or #2 seed. They're just kind of always there in the top 3 or top 5 or top 8. It's a fun joke to talk about them choking every season but they are probably in the top 3 for most tournament wins this decade. Talking about them just doesn't move the needle for fans from other conferences unless they're trying to take a quick jab. And we're pretty immune to those quick jabs for the most part. Hell, even I barely follow them anymore outside of gameday. Like I said, boring. Consistently great but boring. Lol

Reactions: Big_Blue79
I mean, if we're being honest they're incredibly boring to the average fan of another team. They haven't had a super elite team since 2011 but every season since they've managed to be a #1 or #2 seed. They're just kind of always there in the top 3 or top 5 or top 8. It's a fun joke to talk about them choking every season but they are probably in the top 3 for most tournament wins this decade. Talking about them just doesn't move the needle for fans from other conferences unless they're trying to take a quick jab. And we're pretty immune to those quick jabs for the most part. Hell, even I barely follow them anymore outside of gameday. Like I said, boring. Consistently great but boring. Lol
It's funny you call them boring, I watch KU every chance I get.

KU has the most tournament wins this century. 2nd behind UNC since Self has been here and tied with Duke for 2nd this decade (behind UK).

But KU had a bad night from FT line in 2003, ran into Anthony Davis in 2012, and lost to Bucknell in the 1st round 13 years ago so really that's far more indicative of the program than anything else.

Reactions: kl40504
Lone Husker fan. But I've been the lone Nebraska basketball fan anywhere, my whole life.

Bar staff are always puzzled when I walk into a sports bar and ask if they can change the channel to the Nebraska game.

"But its February, what do you mean?
Ha I've gotten the same for KU football. "why would you want to watch that?" Nebraska has a heck of a team this year.

Reactions: Cornicator
It might just be because I'm a IU fan, and I just notice these posters more often, but I'd say UK, IU and surprisedly Purdue has a lot of fans here. I usually don't pay much attention to who likes what team, so I figured others would have a better idea on this then I do.
UK by more than all the other fans combined.

Really good in the Big 12 but not so good in the NCAA tourney. Maybe that will change this year.

ADVERTISEMENT