ADVERTISEMENT

What's the Most Petty Thing You've Done or Witnessed?

KYtotheCore

Jan 5, 2010
Anytown, USA
32720160203199.jpg

514bb04b25e384762546a1760c6871b0.jpg

Reactions: Anthony B
This isn’t petty at all but it happened to me a few years ago and I just thought about it the other day.

One time I was driving from Fort Worth to West Texas and I really had to use the bathroom. I pulled over to a gas station, not a nice one but the kind where there’s only 1 toilet with a lock on the door. I walk into the gas station and head straight towards that bathroom and look around the place, just kinda checking the scene out. I see a guy standing by the refrigerated drinks and yeah, no other way to describe it other than he looks like he’s deciding on what to pick out. He then turns his head and makes eye contact with me as I’m walking down the aisle towards the bathroom. Now he’s probably 10 feet from the door and I’m like 25 feet. Once we made that eye contact he immediately goes into hustle mode straight for the bathroom, he beats me there and as he’s closing the door he makes eye contact with me again. Seriously. WTF? I waited like 4 minutes and didn’t hear a flush, the sinks, nothing. I can do nothing else but just laugh at the whole situation. I go into the women’s room and I’m out before he is and I go on my way.

I don’t think I’ll ever forget that moment. There must have been a determined look on my face when he saw me and he decided there was no way he was letting me get in there before him.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
This isn’t petty at all but it happened to me a few years ago and I just thought about it the other day.

One time I was driving from Fort Worth to West Texas and I really had to use the bathroom. I pulled over to a gas station, not a nice one but the kind where there’s only 1 toilet with a lock on the door. I walk into the gas station and head straight towards that bathroom and look around the place, just kinda checking the scene out. I see a guy standing by the refrigerated drinks and yeah, no other way to describe it other than he looks like he’s deciding on what to pick out. He then turns his head and makes eye contact with me as I’m walking down the aisle towards the bathroom. Now he’s probably 10 feet from the door and I’m like 25 feet. Once we made that eye contact he immediately goes into hustle mode straight for the bathroom, he beats me there and as he’s closing the door he makes eye contact with me again. Seriously. WTF? I waited like 4 minutes and didn’t hear a flush, the sinks, nothing. I can do nothing else but just laugh at the whole situation. I go into the women’s room and I’m out before he is and I go on my way.

I don’t think I’ll ever forget that moment. There must have been a determined look on my face when he saw me and he decided there was no way he was letting me get in there before him.
Probably the highlight of his day.

I destroyed my older sister's snowman that she spent a lot of time making because she cut me off while we were sledding.

I intentionally blew a punt return in high school because I didn't want to do what one coach told me to do because the coach annoyed me.

I recently voted against a coworker in an online voting thing for a stupid award some magazine was giving out. I don't dislike the guy, but he's a shameless self-promoter whose ego doesn't need any stoking. I'd never heard of the magazine or any of the other candidates, including the guy I voted for, and I never even would have known there was a vote for it at all if he hadn't put it all over Facebook and email, begging for votes.

The other day I was going down a two lane road with a 55mph limit at 65. Guy behind me was riding my ass (no homo) and had multiple opportunities to pass me but didn't. After about 3 minutes of that, I started fcking with him.

I put my left signal on and just coasted for a while. Then sped back up and did it again two more times.

Don't know why, but I laughed harder than I have since the last shot of the 2016 championship game. Which means I will suffer karma like in 2017.

The other day I was at lunch and some dude pulls out in his coal burning F-350 and cuts me off, making me lock up my breaks. So he apologizes, right? Nope, spends the next quarter mile with his middle finger extended out the window like I'm the asshole for not running into him? Ohio rednecks....

I don’t do a lot of petty stuff. Sometimes I will ignore my wife if she is yelling directions at me as I am leaving, but that’s about it... I’m generally too tired to do anything more serious:)

Reactions: I am stupid
The other day I was at lunch and some dude pulls out in his coal burning F-350 and cuts me off, making me lock up my breaks. So he apologizes, right? Nope, spends the next quarter mile with his middle finger extended out the window like I'm the asshole for not running into him? Ohio rednecks....
Ohio has the worst drivers. No one can convince me otherwise.

I drink my soda fast when out to eat. I consider myself a good tipper but the quickest way to get me down to 15% if by not checking to see if I need a refill. I get that the server may be busy, but it takes 15 seconds to refill a glass. I probably put more stock into that than anything else when determining my tip.

If I'm in a traffic jam and a car tries to pull the speed-up-in-one-lane-and-then-merge crap I intentionally don't let them in. I even try to keep the distance between me and the car behind me small enough to where they won't let them in either.

Are you talking reckless drivers? Or just has no clue how to drive? Because if it is the second option, I choose Missouri

The Kansas City area has brutal drivers. Particularly women.

We can assume most are current or former Missourians of course.

Haha that's actually where I was last weekend and where I was talking about. I said Missouri and not Kansas because I had to drive through Missouri to get there and return. But yes, half Kansas and Half Missouri but regardless which that city has no clue how to drive.

May or may not qualify, but I always respond with "trying to quit" whenever someone offers or tries to sell me something.

"Sir would you like to try this free sample".

"Trying to quit".
My favorite thing to do is when someone comes up to me to bum a cigarette or the cigarette reps want your information in exchange for coupons, I say I don't smoke..... as I am smoking a cigarette. It baffles them.

Doesn't sound like he was even planning on using the restroom until you triggered his competitive spirit! I mean, if you are going to use the restroom, why would you be shopping BEFORE that? It's not like you're going to get a handful of drinks and snacks, take them into the nasty ass bathroom with you, then go pay for them after that.

I recently voted against a coworker in an online voting thing for a stupid award some magazine was giving out. I don't dislike the guy, but he's a shameless self-promoter whose ego doesn't need any stoking. I'd never heard of the magazine or any of the other candidates, including the guy I voted for, and I never even would have known there was a vote for it at all if he hadn't put it all over Facebook and email, begging for votes.
Just admit it, you didn't vote for him because he's Republican. :eek:

I drink my soda fast when out to eat. I consider myself a good tipper but the quickest way to get me down to 15% if by not checking to see if I need a refill. I get that the server may be busy, but it takes 15 seconds to refill a glass. I probably put more stock into that than anything else when determining my tip.

If I'm in a traffic jam and a car tries to pull the speed-up-in-one-lane-and-then-merge crap I intentionally don't let them in. I even try to keep the distance between me and the car behind me small enough to where they won't let them in either.
I sometimes guzzle water like that when out to eat, especially after a long night of boozing. I don't blame them if they aren't there every 5 minutes to refill my glass, but if I am eating my meal with nothing to wash it down with and the waiter/waitress hasn't been around forever, that's just not acceptable. At the same time, I'm too nice to aggressively try and flag them down, like a lot of manner-less pricks would do. I also still always leave a good tip. Guess I'm a sucker.

Feel bad saying this. But since my stepson has "moved in", I refuse to buy groceries. He doesn't work. Just sits around the GOD damn house. And eats. I got tired of going through a gallon of milk in 3 hours. So I buy nadda. If I do, it's sometging I'm making that night.

Edit: He's 29 years old. Just wanted to note that

I sometimes guzzle water like that when out to eat, especially after a long night of boozing. I don't blame them if they aren't there every 5 minutes to refill my glass, but if I am eating my meal with nothing to wash it down with and the waiter/waitress hasn't been around forever, that's just not acceptable. At the same time, I'm too nice to aggressively try and flag them down, like a lot of manner-less pricks would do. I also still always leave a good tip. Guess I'm a sucker.

Yes you are

Feel bad saying this. But since my stepson has "moved in", I refuse to buy groceries. He doesn't work. Just sits around the GOD damn house. And eats. I got tired of going through a gallon of milk in 3 hours. So I buy nadda. If I do, it's sometging I'm making that night.

That's not petty at all. You need to kick his ass out, or at least make him get a job. 30 damn years old? Jesuzzzzzz, sounds like a worthless, entitled, far left millennial.

Yes you are
If they are walking past my table I will get their attention and mention it but it's not like I am going to interrupt when she is dealing with another table or snap my fingers at her when she's across the room. Sometimes I will jokingly hint at how much I will be drinking... "may as well just leave that pitcher here."

That's not petty at all. You need to kick his ass out, or at least make him get a job. 30 damn years old? Jesuzzzzzz, sounds like a worthless, entitled, far left millennial.
It's bad man. He has his mother fooled. Nothing his fault...he tries...everyones against him (including me). Blah, blah and blah. I turn off thedamn internet when I leave, so he couldn't play his game. Getting on my last nerve.

Reactions: KisteK
It's bad man. He has his mother fooled. Nothing his fault...he tries...everyones against him (including me). Blah, blah and blah. I turn off thedamn internet when I leave, so he couldn't play his game. Getting on my last nerve.
Ohhhh, a mama's boy! Even worse when they stick up for their worthless kids, lol.

If they are walking past my table I will get their attention and mention it but it's not like I am going to interrupt when she is dealing with another table or snap my fingers at her when she's across the room. Sometimes I will jokingly hint at how much I will be drinking... "may as well just leave that pitcher here."
I'm the same.

Yeah I don’t interrupt them but I’ll make a comment that I drink fast on my first refill. If they don’t get the point it reflects in the tip. I’ll usually tip around 20-25%. Walk past my empty glass multiple times and poof down it goes.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Yeah I don’t interrupt them but I’ll make a comment that I drink fast on my first refill. If they don’t get the point it reflects in the tip. I’ll usually tip around 20-25%. Walk past my empty glass multiple times and poof down it goes.
My mom was a waitress for many years. I always admired how hard she worked. It's why today I tip really well if the service is good.

Ohio has the worst drivers. No one can convince me otherwise.
I actually think Boone County, Kentucky drivers are the worst in the nation. I travel back and forth from Dayton to Lexington a lot for family stuff, and 80% of the time I see a bad driver on 75 they are from Boone County.

Ohio drivers aren't much better, however.

I can support this. When I lived there it was generally women in big SUVs that they just simply couldn't navigate.

I'd stay away from his small towel, socks, underwear that he needs washed.

Assuming he doesn't do his laundry,

I like the thought of ****ing with a grown man living with his mom. So many pranks you can do to run him off.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT