ADVERTISEMENT

What's so great about UNCs resume?

Yeah considering UNC offensive stats from the game this is a super lame response.
No it is not. You guys were 25-46 not including three pointers and rebounded 16 of your own misses. Your assists were lower than normal, some of that can be credited to your misses, some to Duke's defense. Other than jacking up threes, where what was so atrocious about your offensive stats?

Compare their resume to Kentucky. Who beat them head to head.

Kentucky’s losses:

Duke
Seton Hall
Alabama
Tennessee x2 (once without RT)

Also did I mention we beat Carolina H2H On a neutral court.

Alabama = Texas

The only other “ bad loss” is Louisville and they beat them twice after.

UNC won 15 of last 17 games and their only losses were to UVA and duke. And they beat duke twice.

UK beat UNC when both teams were completely different squads. Both are far, far better now.

You could make the argument for UK as a1, but i would disagree with you... And that is okay.

UK at a 2 seed in the same bracket is ideal for you if you don’t think UNC belongs as a 1. So not much to complain about, no?

No it is not. You guys were 25-46 not including three pointers and rebounded 16 of your own misses. Your assists were lower than normal, some of that can be credited to your misses, some to Duke's defense. Other than jacking up threes, where what was so atrocious about your offensive stats?
Well, this is one of Roy’s best 3-point teams, so that’s kind of a big deal. However, your D played very well that night at times. Gave us some fits. They deserve some credit. And Carolina deserves to be seen as Duke’s equal, but they’re not. And it’s kind of weird imo. But whatever. We have a tournament to figure this all out.

Reactions: shun1
Lol. So you guys do a good job on D to explain why we missed a bunch of open looks but UNC was just lucky?

I know many of you thought with Zion you would roll us and it sucks that isn’t the case. This is pretty hard core justifying right here though.
There is no justifying anything from me. I am just responding to you and a couple of your guys that want to take that game as a reason to hype your team. I actually thought that unc was the better team that night. But if Duke had played a complete game, it would have been different. You guys at your best are not as good as Duke is at their best. Part of Duke being at their best is turning you guys into a halfcourt team. Which that part, they did do.

Well, this is one of Roy’s best 3-point teams, so that’s kind of a big deal. However, your D played very well that night at times. Gave us some fits. They deserve some credit. And Carolina deserves to be seen as Duke’s equal, but they’re not. And it’s kind of weird imo. But whatever. We have a tournament to figure this all out.
Hey man, I have been in multiple threads defending unc's resumé and taking on people who have laughed at the thought of unc being a contender. So I don't go all full homer here. So thank you for objectively engaging in a discussion without going full on one sided.

Reactions: 829305
Lol. So you guys do a good job on D to explain why we missed a bunch of open looks but UNC was just lucky?

I know many of you thought with Zion you would roll us and it sucks that isn’t the case. This is pretty hard core justifying right here though.
There is no justifying anything from me. I am just responding to you and a couple of your guys that want to take that game as a reason to hype your team. I actually thought that unc was the better team that night. But if Duke had played a complete game, it would have been different. You guys at your best are not as good as Duke is at their best. Part of Duke being at their best is turning you guys into a halfcourt team. Which that part, they did do.

Neither team really played well. You guys definitely shot better though.

However, I think Duke is the better team in general so there. Take that.

@LetsGoDuke301 stop ***ging up the thread. Neither team played very well offensively. It was back and forth and literally could have gone either way. Hard to argue at this point that UNC is not duke's equal.
You guys are 2-1 against Duke this year regardless of circumstances. If you want to keep using Friday night's game as proof of unc being every bit as good as Duke. Go ahead, anything I say is just my opinion and IMO, you did not see Duke's best and Duke didn't see your best. But we all have seen both teams at their best at one point and I don't think you are going to find anyone outside of pussy blue say that unc's best is better than Duke's.

Neither team really played well. You guys definitely shot better though.

However, I think Duke is the better team in general so there. Take that.
Yes. Duke is a better overall team when both play their best. I just think Duke has less room for error, if that makes sense. We can score in a variety of ways imo. They have two guys you worry about at this point. Just so happens one might just be generational talent. He definitely is at this level.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
Yes. Duke is a better overall team when both play their best. I just think Duke has less room for error, if that makes sense. We can score in a variety of ways imo. They have two guys you worry about at this point. Just so happens one might just be generational talent. He definitely is at this level.
Yes. Duke definitely has less room for error. If you guys lose your best player, you would be better than Duke if they lose their best player. Duke is heavily reliant on two guys offensively. Those are two incredible scorers which gives me less of a concern than most times in this situation. But just one injury or foul trouble game away from elimination from here on out.

You guys are 2-1 against Duke this year regardless of circumstances. If you want to keep using Friday night's game as proof of unc being every bit as good as Duke. Go ahead, anything I say is just my opinion and IMO, you did not see Duke's best and Duke didn't see your best. But we all have seen both teams at their best at one point and I don't think you are going to find anyone outside of pussy blue say that unc's best is better than Duke's.

Your best vs UNC’s best doesn’t prove anything. If you lose give props and move on. I have no problem doing that. But no one should try to cheapen the win or the effort to prove a point.

Reactions: shun1
I think Dook, UK & Michigan St are making excuses. I believe saying that UNC only beat Dook because Zion was out is an excuse.

No UNC fan is making any excuses because there’s none to make. I will say Dukes A game is better than UNC’s but if they don’t play thier A game I guess the opponent had nothing to do with that.

There are only two places where your blabber might impress anyone. Your home board, where you belong. And the kid's table at Thanksgiving dinner. While your wife is out jogging, of course.
Guess when you’re losing an argument, it’s time to deflect.
Makes me proud

Last year Carolina has twn
Alabama = Texas

The only other “ bad loss” is Louisville and they beat them twice after.

UNC won 15 of last 17 games and their only losses were to UVA and duke. And they beat duke twice.

UK beat UNC when both teams were completely different squads. Both are far, far better now.

You could make the argument for UK as a1, but i would disagree with you... And that is okay.

UK at a 2 seed in the same bracket is ideal for you if you don’t think UNC belongs as a 1. So not much to complain about, no?
im thrilled with Carolina being our 1. Ideal situation, imo

The Carolina hype train started when they beat RJ Barrett

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Last year Carolina has twn

im thrilled with Carolina being our 1. Ideal situation, imo

The Carolina hype train started when they beat RJ Barrett

Nah. I think it was when they became one of the best teams in the county.

Which was when people saw them beat RJ Barrett

Can’t help it if you guys got blasted by 34 when you played them. UNC and UK are better but don’t go licking your chops if we do meet. UNC is good at rematches with you guys and the hype is real, that’s why UNC is on the top line now the question is can we sustain it?

K has the most talented team. They have deficiencies though , but also an abundance of what you need at their strengths. You gotta probably hit about 8 - 3's , keep pace with them on the boards , and keep turnovers at a dozen and under. To give your team a strong shot at beating them this year.

Reactions: 1 person
And pretty much boat raced em without Zion. That game came down to a last second shot. No way anyone tells me they aren't right there with Duke. Crazy to me that eeking out that win makes them world-beaters again. The FSU win was also impressive, but very much expected. As a Heel fan, there is bias, but I think we're right there with Duke, even though you wouldn't think that if you listened to the talking heads.

I can’t believe I jumped on a post to defend UNC but the ACC deserved all 3 of those seeds, I think it’s undebatable. Obviously being a Duke fan I’ve seen all the teams and this conference is tough as nails. Louisville will probably bounce MSU and they were a subpar conference team. I also think Gonzaga will be on upset alert facing Syracuse, if not FSU is next. I’ll actually be shocked if the Zags make it past both.

I do consider UNC one of the top 4 teams, but I made the Duke comment for decoration. When it comes to Duke and Carolina games I feel like it’s always impossible to tell who’s actually better... The games are almost always insanely close regardless of talent.

Guess when you’re losing an argument, it’s time to deflect.
Makes me proud

I’m glad you of all people brought the deflect comment up. Let me ask you AGAIN, do you or do you not think Zion makes a difference in the other two games against UNc? Yesterday when I ask you this question you seemed to disappear!

Duke fans bumping their chests over the 1-point difference Zion made is comical. If Coby doesn't slip, chances are he makes that shot. Doesn't matter now, everyone has a clean slate .

Duke fans bumping their chests over the 1-point difference Zion made is comical. If Coby doesn't slip, chances are he makes that shot. Doesn't matter now, everyone has a clean slate .
Give me a Duke fan that is bumping their chests? Pretty sure we were all disappointed in everything but the outcome.

And pretty much boat raced em without Zion. That game came down to a last second shot. No way anyone tells me they aren't right there with Duke. Crazy to me that eeking out that win makes them world-beaters again. The FSU win was also impressive, but very much expected. As a Heel fan, there is bias, but I think we're right there with Duke, even though you wouldn't think that if you listened to the talking heads.
I’m still getting a chuckle from your “it’s a virtual who’s who of losers that post here.” Or something to that effect. Just awesome. Laughing

Reactions: 829305

At one point I would have argued for UK as a 1 seed, but damn we let some wins slip right through our hands. 1 seeds just can’t do that. I’m content with how it all turned out.

Reactions: Sevro
At one point I would have argued for UK as a 1 seed, but damn we let some wins slip right through our hands. 1 seeds just can’t do that. I’m content with how it all turned out.

Both are great teams. And Not much difference between the seeds. Agree that UK is set up nicely.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT