ADVERTISEMENT

What's so great about UNCs resume?

They beat the mighty Wolfpack of N.C. State this year. Apparently that holds a lot of merit.

Hey, you guys leave our one
Spin it any way you want but MSU has more Quad 1 wins. Im just using the committee's own criteria and PSU/Nebraska are ranked in the top 40 by KenPom.

What are UNCs great wins? Zion less Duke? UNC doesnt have a win vs an elite team unless you count Duke as elite without Zion which I wouldnt do because Duke didn't play at an elite level without him.

So UNC has arguably zero elite wins. And if you are going to say Michigan isnt all that...well Michigan and UNC played this year and it wasnt pretty.
Why are you targeting UNC and not Gonzaga?

I mean Im counting Duke 3 times, UVA once, Kentucky and Michigan out of conference as their signature games.

For MSU...played UM three times, Kansas, Purdue twice for 'signature' games.

If you want to count Wisconsin and FSU ok.

UNC schedule was very tough no doubt...but they lost most of their games vs other elite schools and you have to put an asterisk next to the wins vs Duke without Zion.

MSU I think has 3 more quad 1 wins.

I just think taking it all in MSU earned a 1 seed. To have UNC as the 3rd overall 1 is a joke.

So not counting Gonzaga? How are you counting KU and not counting Va Tech and FSU? You must count those two and actually not Wisconsin, unless you are just going by some arbitrary personal criteria. I feel like you are picking and choosing here. UNC played 5 games against 1 seeds, 8 games against seeds 1-4.

We have 4 total wins over teams that are a top 3 seed.

UNC has none

Yeah, 3 is greater than none. So you have 4 and we have 3 but we had to play tougher teams in those games as well. This is just a poor argument.

They beat the mighty Wolfpack of N.C. State this year. Apparently that holds a lot of merit.

I think it did. Without looking it up, I think nearly every ACC team that made it in had a win against State. Their contributions to the conference did not go unnoticed.

Gonzaga and Duke X 2. Those bad losses did you in so need to cry about it. Also Duke is elite without Zion, they were at least top 5 when he was out.
Not even close to top 5 without Zion. It amazes, and at this point it should not, the hypocrisy of UNc fans. They trash Duke and talk smack until they need them to justify a point

Gonzaga and Duke X 2. Those bad losses did you in so need to cry about it. Also Duke is elite without Zion, they were at least top 5 when he was out.
Dude. I know unc fans are tired of having their wins over Duke discredited. I would be too if reversed. But only a willful idiot would say that Duke is a top 5 team without Zion. Top 5 teams don't go 3-3 with one of the three wins being a game against a horrid Wake Forest team at home and by a roll out at the buzzer.

Dude. I know unc fans are tired of having their wins over Duke discredited. I would be too if reversed. But only a willful idiot would say that Duke is a top 5 team without Zion. Top 5 teams don't go 3-3 with one of the three wins being a game against a horrid Wake Forest team at home and by a roll out at the buzzer.
What’s the lowest Dook fell in the AP poll while Zion was out?

The rankings didn’t show that. As for anyone trying to discredit those wins it doesn’t bother me at all. You were better by 1 point but it still counts as a lost. Just like the 2 wins against Duke without Zion.

Can't stand them, but the truth is, they got better when it matters, and that's as the year went on. No bad loss after the first of the year, other than the first time they played Louisville.

I would agree with whoever said losing to Duke with Zion by one may have helped some too. Had Duke beat them handily, Michigan St may have taken the other top spot.

Yes, Duke was still a top 5 team, by the rankings, without Zion. But come on, be real. You're talking about a team that was VERY fortunate to escape Wake Forest without a loss. The pollsters didn't remove the losses to UVA, Kentucky, and Texas Tech because of an injury. Those wins certainly factored into their ranking.

Also, I would note that Duke played UNC in the ACCT without Bolden and only got 15 minutes from DeLaurier in the semis (foul trouble). Can't imagine UNC would have had so many offensive rebounds with Zion and another big in the lineup.

Yes, Duke was still a top 5 team, by the rankings, without Zion. But come on, be real. You're talking about a team that was VERY fortunate to escape Wake Forest without a loss. The pollsters didn't remove the losses to UVA, Kentucky, and Texas Tech because of an injury. Those wins certainly factored into their ranking.

Also, I would note that Duke played UNC in the ACCT without Bolden and only got 15 minutes from DeLaurier in the semis (foul trouble). Can't imagine UNC would have had so many offensive rebounds with Zion and another big in the lineup.

Yeah to me earning a 1 seed means you held your own against the other top teams you played.

UNC did not. And the fact the ACC got the top three 1 seeds is a joke as well.

Regardless of what Duke was we proved Friday we are every bit as good as them anyway.

Reactions: shun1
The rankings didn’t show that. As for anyone trying to discredit those wins it doesn’t bother me at all. You were better by 1 point but it still counts as a lost. Just like the 2 wins against Duke without Zion.
Lets look at facts in a vacuum, not taking into account other teams losing at the same time. Keep trying honey, it still wont work.

And pretty much boat raced em without Zion. That game came down to a last second shot. No way anyone tells me they aren't right there with Duke. Crazy to me that eeking out that win makes them world-beaters again. The FSU win was also impressive, but very much expected. As a Heel fan, there is bias, but I think we're right there with Duke, even though you wouldn't think that if you listened to the talking heads.
The first problem is listening to the talking heads. At least from a couple different networks. Of course UNC is right there with Duke. There is also the single elimination tournament factor which brings many others into it.

Reactions: 829305
Yeah considering UNC offensive stats from the game this is a super lame response.

Very lame. Reddish has been in a funk, Jones and Barret are terrible outside shooters. Zion is good enough to cover all of that last Friday night.

Damn, UNC shot 4-27 from 3 & still almost beat your ass. You really want to cry about Dook’s offensive shit game???
Nobody is crying here kid. Whose fault is it that your guys jacked up threes when Duke had exactly one player capable of defending the paint? Duke make one more three than unc. Unc won the turnover battle, the FT battle and the rebounding battle. Looks like you just want to cry about unc missing threes and forget about ever element to the game.

Reactions: Scotty00
Works both ways as well. You got one of our worse games of the entire year shooting wise.
Duke's opponents all year have had some of their worst shooting games. We'll just chalk that up to coincidence.

Lol. So you guys do a good job on D to explain why we missed a bunch of open looks but UNC was just lucky?

I know many of you thought with Zion you would roll us and it sucks that isn’t the case. This is pretty hard core justifying right here though.

Nobody is crying here kid. Whose fault is it that your guys jacked up threes when Duke had exactly one player capable of defending the paint? Duke make one more three than unc. Unc won the turnover battle, the FT battle and the rebounding battle. Looks like you just want to cry about unc missing threes and forget about ever element to the game.
Just pointing out the obvious.

You made excuses of the supporting cast having a bad game offensively. You won by a point but you’re saying it could of been more if those guys showed up offensively. UNC’s 3 point shooting was garbage, had they shot better.....

ADVERTISEMENT