ADVERTISEMENT

What Is The Best Basketball Conference Overall This Season?

I am saying you chose UK to cheer for because they were already good
What are you basing this on? Do you know anything about me? Do you know where I am from? How old I am? Anything about my background?

How on earth would you possibly know anything about me to come to that conclusion? You are the worst kind of poster that exists...

What are you basing this on? Do you know anything about me? Do you know where I am from? How old I am? Anything about my background?

How on earth would you possibly know anything about me to come to that conclusion? You are the worst kind of poster that exists...
LOL. So how did you befome a fan?

It is. You have no bench this season
Only a fool would actually believe that. This team is far better than either 2021 or 2019.

Funny thing is, they’ve actually been getting better recently, with Furphy emerging as a legit weapon. Just a shitty effort on defense the other day and WV shot double their usual 3 point %. It’s gonna be hard to beat anyone on the road when they shoot 70% from three.

Reactions: KisteK
Only a fool would actually believe that. This team is far better than either 2021 or 2019.

Funny thing is, they’ve actually been getting better recently, with Furphy emerging as a legit weapon. Just a shitty effort on defense the other day and WV shot double their usual 3 point %. It’s gonna be hard to beat anyone on the road when they shoot 70% from three.
Going into the auburn game in 2019 kansas fans were arrogant. Convenient to call them bad after the fact. kansas doesnt make it past first weekend this year

Going into the auburn game in 2019 kansas fans were arrogant. Convenient to call them bad after the fact. kansas doesnt make it past first weekend this year

Didn’t you say that before they won it all in ‘22?

Remember when you said that final fours were the new norm for Auburn?

Didn’t you say that before they won it all in ‘22?

Remember when you said that final fours were the new norm for Auburn?
This team is no where close to your 22 team. I neversaid the second line. I said we would be a routine ranked program which we are.

This team is no where close to your 22 team. I neversaid the second line. I said we would be a routine ranked program which we are.

At this time of the year, the ‘22 team was getting blasted by Kentucky at home and everyone had written them off as a contender.

What’s any of this have to do with the fact that Auburn’s beaten no one this season?

I mean, the ACC is like 9-3 against the Big 12 or something like that this year. They continually year after year outperform all other conferences when it matters. Both of those points are certainly matchup driven but when they do well every single year compared to other conferences that matters. It isn't a great conference but again, not nearly as bad as people like you think it is. And I'm someone who badly wants UNC to bolt and join the SEC.
Yeah, I personally don't put any stock into early season conference vs conference records. Teams are nowhere near the same at the beginning of the year as they are toward the end. Heck, the SEC always held their own (and even won a few outright) in the SEC BIG 12 challenge (which occurred in the middle of conference play, not at the beginning of season), but the SEC was still trash, one little in season tournament would not change my mind.

As for tournament success, look at 2017. ACC was loaded, got 8 teams in with good seeds. Well deserved. Only 1 (UNC) made it out of the first weekend. The SEC (outside UK) was trash. Got 5 teams in, 3 of which went to Elite 8, and another to the final four. I wouldn't sit here and say the SEC was better than people thought (or even on par with the ACC) b/c of some flukey tournament runs (South Carolina, cough cough).

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
At this time of the year, the ‘22 team was getting blasted by Kentucky at home and everyone had written them off as a contender.

What’s any of this have to do with the fact that Auburn’s beaten no one this season?
Tamu, arkansas, and USC were all ranked in the pre season top 25. Indiana was suppose to be better. all beat by Auburn soundly. Auburn killed Indiana by 28 who took kansas to the wire 7 days later. Not Auburn's fault these teams faltered. We killed all of them. Had the officials not bailed kansas out against tcu the jayhawks have a losing record in the big 12 right now

That '19 Auburn team caught fire in the tournament. I wouldn't use that as a barometer for future tournament runs. It may never happen again.

Kansas doesn’t have much of a bench this year, but that doesn't mean they can't win the tournament. They’re still a top 5 team.

There are plenty of teams that have won it all with very little bench guys. UK 2012 is one of them.

But you're kind of being a dick rigjt now. You’re calling.everyone out because they lost road games, or players are pussies because they got injured and everyone sucks, because they don't go 12 players deep.

Just stop. Y'all have 1 FF to your name and you're trying to rip on teams because AU is having a little success and you're swelling up about it.

At least act like you've been there.

LOL. So how did you befome a fan?
Born in raised in Western burbs of Chicago. Big Chicago sports fan (Bears, Bulls, Cubs)...

Spring of 91, 5 years old, was in Texas on spring break with family visiting uncle. Went to a sporting goods store in a local mall. Uncle said to pick out one thing I would like, and he would buy it.

Was looking for Bulls gear, as I had just started following MJ and the Bulls (who were in the midst of their first title run). The store had no Bulls gear. My favorite color was blue, so I picked out the first thing that I saw in blue, which just so happened to be a Kentucky basketball jersey. Been a diehard since. Never looked back. First memory I have is Laettner's shot the following spring. Remember crying like someone had just died.

Haven't looked back since. Try to travel every year to Rupp for games. More challenging now with little kids in the picture. Still have the original jersey I picked out back in 1991, love watching my little ones wear it (have to take it off if they are eating).

That '19 Auburn team caught fire in the tournament. I wouldn't use that as a barometer for future tournament runs. It may never happen again.

Kansas doesn’t have much of a bench this year, but that doesn't mean they can't win the tournament. They’re still a top 5 team.

There are plenty of teams that have won it all with very little bench guys. UK 2012 is one of them.

But you're kind of being a dick rigjt now. You’re calling.everyone out because they lost road games, or players are pussies because they got injured and everyone sucks, because they don't go 12 players deep.

Just stop. Y'all have 1 FF to your name and you're trying to rip on teams because AU is having a little success and you're swelling up about it.

At least act like you've been there.
LOL. stfu

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
Born in raised in Western burbs of Chicago. Big Chicago sports fan (Bears, Bulls, Cubs)...

Spring of 91, 5 years old, was in Texas on spring break with family visiting uncle. Went to a sporting goods store in a local mall. Uncle said to pick out one thing I would like, and he would buy it.

Was looking for Bulls gear, as I had just started following MJ and the Bulls (who were in the midst of their first title run). The store had no Bulls gear. My favorite color was blue, so I picked out the first thing that I saw in blue, which just so happened to be a Kentucky basketball jersey. Been a diehard since. Never looked back. First memory I have is Laettner's shot the following spring. Remember crying like someone had just died.

Haven't looked back since. Try to travel every year to Rupp for games. More challenging now with little kids in the picture. Still have the original jersey I picked out back in 1991, love watching my little ones wear it (have to take it off if they are eating).
That is a really sad story. If only the Vols had some gear in that Texas sporting goods store another child could have been saved. I'm going to have to make some calls. I cannot in good conscience allow another child's life to be ruined.

Reactions: mcnicKY91
That is a really sad story. If only the Vols had some gear in that Texas sporting goods store another child could have been saved. I'm going to have to make some calls. I cannot in good conscience allow another child's life to be ruined.
Dude...if my favorite color was orange, and the store happened to have Vol gear, could have easily happened.

I am just thankful it didn't say Duke, or Kansas (would have never picked the Carolina baby blue, such an awful shade)...

No, I didn't go to college, my career was already set and I couldn’t afford college. But that doesn't make me less of a fan and like I said, I don't believe you ever went to college.
What a stupid topic for him to bring up. I didn’t go to Purdue, but grew up five minutes from campus and went to every home football and basketball game from when I was a kid until I left the state after graduating high school. Am I lesser Purdue fan because I stayed loyal to my first sports love instead of defecting to another team? Makes no sense.

So @AuHoosier420 am I lesser fan by your criteria?

Last edited:
Tamu, arkansas, and USC were all ranked in the pre season top 25. Indiana was suppose to be better. all beat by Auburn soundly. Auburn killed Indiana by 28 who took kansas to the wire 7 days later. Not Auburn's fault these teams faltered. We killed all of them. Had the officials not bailed kansas out against tcu the jayhawks have a losing record in the big 12 right now
Are people supposed to bow down because Auburn beat Ole Miss? This isn’t football. 🤣

• Haha
You would know a first weekend team when you see it. You root for an Auburn program that has only been past the first weekend one time in the last twenty years.
and yet still has the same amount of final 4's as wvu does in your lifetime

No one asked you bow down. Kansas is living off its history this year. First weekend exit. Bank on it.

So just ignore that they've beaten UConn, Kentucky, Tennessee, Oklahoma and TCU because they lost to a scorching hot team on the road?

Best part about this is that Auburn lost to Appalachian St. 🤣

Talk about an overrated team...

So just ignore that they've beaten UConn, Kentucky, Tennessee, Oklahoma and TCU because they lost to a scorching hot team on the road?

Best part about this is that Auburn lost to Appalachian St. 🤣

Talk about an overrated team...
kansas would lose at app st. As well. You have zero depth. Self even confirmed this is slimmest team he has had

and yet still has the same amount of final 4's as wvu does in your lifetime

Final Fours are hard to come by. Good chance neither of us sees another one for our teams in our lifetime.

But one trip past the 2nd round in 20 years? 5 in program history. Sounds like a program that shares a practice facility with the womens volleyball and gymnatsics teams.

Final Fours are hard to come by. Good chance neither of us sees another one for our teams in our lifetime.

But one trip to a Sweet 16 in 20 years? 5 in program history. Sounds like a program that shares a practice facility with the womens volleyball and gymnatsics teams.
and you are still incorrect the last lone. Sounds about right for a fan of an atheltic department that has neen rejected by the SEC and even the shitty ACC on multiple occasions

What a stupid topic for him to bring up. I didn’t go to Purdue, but grew up five minutes from campus and went to every home football and basketball game from when I was a kid until I left the state after graduating high school. Am I lesser Purdue fan because I stayed loyal to my first sports love instead of defecting to another team? Makes no sense.

So @AuHoosier420 am I lesser fan by your criteria?
Guys like him look for any reason to convince themselves that you are beneath them and they make up stupid reasons to justify it in their minds.

He’s obviously a narcissist. I'm sure he's going to now tell me I'm wrong and he's right in 3… 2… 1…

This from the dude that couldnt get into college
What does being poor at the age of 18 have to do with intelligence?
My parents weren't going to give me a dime, I had to earn it on my own. That doesn't mean I couldn’t get into UK. What a stupid comment.

kansas would lose at app st. As well. You have zero depth. Self even confirmed this is slimmest team he has had

Sure, they would. 🤣

In 2012 their best bench players were a dude who averaged 3 ppg and a white walk-on from the KC suburbs. Lost in the title game to the Anthony Davis team.

Sure, they would. 🤣

In 2012 their best bench players were a dude who averaged 3 ppg and a white walk-on from the KC suburbs. Lost in the title game to the Anthony Davis team.
Thomas Robinson's play in march of 2012 has rarely been matched by anyone ever at kansas. That dude went off

You forgot Texas, they are pretty good too and can beat anyone on a given night.

They can also lose to them.

I think lots of teams are either still learning to play together (transfer era) in tough conference games or are flawed in some way. That's why so many high ranked teams have lost.

Reactions: della
Yeah, I personally don't put any stock into early season conference vs conference records. Teams are nowhere near the same at the beginning of the year as they are toward the end. Heck, the SEC always held their own (and even won a few outright) in the SEC BIG 12 challenge (which occurred in the middle of conference play, not at the beginning of season), but the SEC was still trash, one little in season tournament would not change my mind.

As for tournament success, look at 2017. ACC was loaded, got 8 teams in with good seeds. Well deserved. Only 1 (UNC) made it out of the first weekend. The SEC (outside UK) was trash. Got 5 teams in, 3 of which went to Elite 8, and another to the final four. I wouldn't sit here and say the SEC was better than people thought (or even on par with the ACC) b/c of some flukey tournament runs (South Carolina, cough cough).

But if you don't put stock in OOC games then it basically just means it is left up to perception alone since once conference starts that is all you play, which is kind of my point. Some conferences are looked at as tough if they beat up on each other. Some conferences are looked at as awful if they top teams don't kill everyone. I'm on board with the ACC being garbage if it means UNC gets out though. I badly want to be in the SEC.

Probably so, but what does that have to do with the question I asked? Are you serious, or just yanking our chains?
It doesn’t. Dude is being a douche. The fact is that Auburn has won a bunch of games against sht competition. If he just said that the eye test (I don’t trust the eye test from most of the posters here but whatever) tells him Auburn is good, but admitted that the actual resume so far is weak (that’s a fact) with tougher tests upcoming, there would have been no dispute.

Last edited:
Reactions: KisteK and kyjeff1
It doesn’t. Dude is being a douche. The fact is that Auburn has won a bunch of games against sht competition. If he just said that the eye test (I don’t trust the eye test from most of the posters here but whatever) tells him Auburn is good, but admitted that the actual resume so far is weak (that’s a fact) with tougher tests upcoming, there would have been no dispute.
Yeah and honestly, with a couple guys in here, you could tell them that their favorite team is better than yours and they'll ignore that and attack everything ele you say. The compliment isn't enough, they want you to tell them they're team is the greatest and yours sucks at everything. They want your soul.
I've literally done that, I have said that Auburn is the best team in the SEC and UK is the 3rd best team, based on the eye test anyway. But, when you're dealing with a narcissist, it doesn’t ever end there.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Yeah and honestly, with a couple guys in here, you could tell them that their favorite team is better than yours and they'll ignore that and attack everything ele you say. The compliment isn't enough, they want you to tell them they're team is the greatest and yours sucks at everything. They want your soul.
I've literally done that, I have said that Auburn is the best team in the SEC and UK is the 3rd best team, based on the eye test anyway. But, when you're dealing with a narcissist, it doesn’t ever end there.
I don’t know enough about the sec to asses the balance of schedules within the conference, but all else equal, I’d bet on Tenn as the best team.

Edit: in terms of uk, the O looks strong, but D numbers are hideous. Plus, they have a lot of freshmen, and they aren’t the caliber of freshmen from the Calipari haydays.

ADVERTISEMENT