ADVERTISEMENT

What are your SEC Basketball Rankings as of Now?

Why wouldn't you love Mike? I'd say he's probably won 60% of his games there; that's great! I also love how a dude that professes "40 minutes of hell" always goes zone against Kentucky because he can't guard them man or press them. lol Dude is a fraud.

With your shooting woes, everyone should zone UK this year.

The sec has one constant. The rest of you losers are interchangeable. Thank goodness some of yals teams are above average this year. I’m tired of defending our weak conference schedule I needed a break from that

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Ugh, yeah he did.
Link. I couldn't find it. I did find this.

His older brother, Marcus, was a basketball player and football star at Arkansas in the 2000s. Because of that, since Malik was in junior high, a lot of the state’s fan base figured him an easy case to be a Razorbacks basketballer when the time came. As each year passed, as Monk showcased skills no high schooler in the Natural State has ever shown, it became more and more clear Arkansas was going to have difficulty landing him.

Monk is the best Arkansas-raised basketball player in the state’s high school history. Odds are, he’ll be the highest-drafted, too, as he’s expected to be a lottery pick after this one season at Kentucky.

And, boy, oh boy, is he despised around here because of it.

People don’t hate Malik Monk the human being. They don’t hate his talent or his attitude. They hate that it isn’t in Fayetteville. They’re upset at Marcus, who was seen as the puppeteer for Malik’s recruitment, for letting (some say “convincing”) little brother escape the state’s borders. The working theory among the masses is the Monk brothers wanted to build their brand and felt the NBA would be the best place for Malik’s burgeoning basketball career and Marcus’ hopeful sports-business one.

Only those two know for certain what led to Malik’s decision to spurn Arkansas. But make no mistake, Arkansas coach Mike Anderson tried to get him. Anderson’s been unfairly raked over the coals by fans for not getting Monk. Truth is, the Razorbacks landing Monk was less likely than “the field” getting Monk since the player was in 10th grade.

“He did what he had to do,” Anderson said. “Disappointed (as) I am, we recruited the heck out of him. We worked, we really worked hard. He’s a good kid and he’s doing what we thought he would do.”

I don't ever remember Monk committing to Arkansas, and would welcome any link. I don't think you're going to find one.

Gotta be honest, I probably would have dropped sports altogether years ago if I was an Arkansas fan. God, it must be awful being completely irrelevant in every single sport.

What sport is KY good at besides basketball?

Is like to think we have good overall programs in basketball, baseball, football and definitely T&F.

I've been to Lexington, your facilities are shit. You don't even own Rupp arena.

We have NC's in every major men's sports.

Link. I couldn't find it. I did find this.

His older brother, Marcus, was a basketball player and football star at Arkansas in the 2000s. Because of that, since Malik was in junior high, a lot of the state’s fan base figured him an easy case to be a Razorbacks basketballer when the time came. As each year passed, as Monk showcased skills no high schooler in the Natural State has ever shown, it became more and more clear Arkansas was going to have difficulty landing him.

Monk is the best Arkansas-raised basketball player in the state’s high school history. Odds are, he’ll be the highest-drafted, too, as he’s expected to be a lottery pick after this one season at Kentucky.

And, boy, oh boy, is he despised around here because of it.

People don’t hate Malik Monk the human being. They don’t hate his talent or his attitude. They hate that it isn’t in Fayetteville. They’re upset at Marcus, who was seen as the puppeteer for Malik’s recruitment, for letting (some say “convincing”) little brother escape the state’s borders. The working theory among the masses is the Monk brothers wanted to build their brand and felt the NBA would be the best place for Malik’s burgeoning basketball career and Marcus’ hopeful sports-business one.

Only those two know for certain what led to Malik’s decision to spurn Arkansas. But make no mistake, Arkansas coach Mike Anderson tried to get him. Anderson’s been unfairly raked over the coals by fans for not getting Monk. Truth is, the Razorbacks landing Monk was less likely than “the field” getting Monk since the player was in 10th grade.

“He did what he had to do,” Anderson said. “Disappointed (as) I am, we recruited the heck out of him. We worked, we really worked hard. He’s a good kid and he’s doing what we thought he would do.”

I don't ever remember Monk committing to Arkansas, and would welcome any link. I don't think you're going to find one.

Why don't you ask monk, I'm sure he will tell you he did.

What sport is KY good at besides basketball?

Is like to think we have good overall programs in basketball, baseball, football and definitely T&F.

I've been to Lexington, your facilities are shit. You don't even own Rupp arena.

We have NC's in every major men's sports.
Nice strawmen. I don't blame you for switching topics. Also, you have no idea again what you're talking about when it comes to facilities at UK. There's clearly a lot you don't know.

I'm done. You're too easy.

Don't forget how soft they are on the inside.

Gafford will have a field day against their bigs.
There will be no Arkansas player(if that’s who you’re even talking about because I don’t know the names of your scrubs) having any field day against Kentucky. It’s okay though it’s something that has probably callused over in your mind

Reactions: JimboBBN
There will be no Arkansas player(if that’s who you’re even talking about because I don’t know the names of your scrubs) having any field day against Kentucky. It’s okay though it’s something that has probably callused over in your mind

If you don't know the names of our players then you're an idiot. You'll definitely know them after the game.

If you don't know the names of our players then you're an idiot. You'll definitely know them after the game.
I doubt it bud. The only way I learn their names is if I decide to flip through the program in St Louis this year while we are dismanteling you in March. Just like clockwork

Hit the jackpot of salty U.K. fans ITT, good job guys.

SEC looks solid this year. I've only watched A&M, MSU, Ark, Bama and UF play. A&M looks scary and after that I think there is 4-6 teams that are all even right now on a neutral court.

Reactions: mtsuhog85

I'd bet you couldnt name your starting 5 without looking it up. Honestly, I'd be surprised if you could name all 14 SEC teams.

Reactions: ThroughBlue
We will see how good Arkansas is in February until then I’ll expect losses from teams like Houston

SEC looks solid this year. I've only watched A&M, MSU, Ark, Bama and UF play. A&M looks scary and after that I think there is 4-6 teams that are all even right now on a neutral court.
So you've only watched 5 SEC teams play, but you're going to go right ahead and rank the whole SEC based on the 5 you've seen?
You're good.

So you've only watched 5 SEC teams play, but you're going to go right ahead and rank the whole SEC based on the 5 you've seen?
You're good.
Yes I am.

Between SEC now and sports center I think you can have a good idea of all teams based off highlights and commentating... it's sad I have to write that.

What other smart comments you got?

We play Troy next, which is a common team.
You guys blew them out 70-62.

Well compare afterwards.
It was also most of our players fifth collegiate game but the beauty of being in the same conference is that we don’t have to compare common opponents. We get to come into bud Walton and beat you guys

Reactions: RipThru
Yes I am.

Between SEC now and sports center I think you can have a good idea of all teams based off highlights and commentating... it's sad I have to write that.

Oh, so you aren't capable of forming your own opinions. That's cool. Not really, but you do you.

I'll say this, there are several SEC teams that are ahead of UK right now, but UK has far more potential than any other team in the league with the exception of aTm, but the problem for Arkansas is they won't get a shot at UK until Late February. UK will be a totally different team by that time and your 6 minutes of Hell won't last as long as Rick Pitino at Porcini's.

Yes I am.

Oh, so you aren't capable of forming your own opinions. That's cool. Not really, but you do you.

I'll say this, there are several SEC teams that are ahead of UK right now, but UK has far more potential than any other team in the league with the exception of aTm, but the problem for Arkansas is they won't get a shot at UK until Late February. UK will be a totally different team by that time and your 6 minutes of Hell won't last as long as Rick Pitino at Porcini's.
Form your own opinions? What are you talking about?

What happened last time you played at the Bud? Be cocky all you want, the SEC (ark included) will be a fun conference to watch this year. We'll see if our 6 mins of hell can hold the almighty elite known as UK once they get it together..........

What happened last time you played at the Bud? Be cocky all you want, the SEC (ark included) will be a fun conference to watch this year. We'll see if our 6 mins of hell can hold the almighty elite known as UK once they get it together..........
Should be a fun game. I look forward to it. Good luck the rest of the way hog

Reactions: fayettechillin
SEC Teams Only
Coaches Poll

5 Kentucky
10 Texas A&M
20 Tennessee
22 Florida
31 Arkansas

Kenpom
5 Texas A&M
14 Kentucky
21 Florida
22 Tennessee
29 Arkansas

AP Top 25
8 Kentucky
9 TAM
20 Tenn
22 Fl
30 Arky

Hmmm Arky is not in the top 25 of any of those polls... I didn't include the RPI due to its terrible inaccuracy at this time of the year.
You won’t be seeing them in the top 25 at all this year. Would be surprised if they even received any votes

I get the vide some Arkansas fans feel they aren't get the respect they deserve from UK fans in this thread.

I'm sure you'll have a good team this year and probably will win in Bud. Now, will you finish higher in the SEC than UK or go farther in the two tournaments? Well, we'll see. UK stays at the top of the SEC, and has made it to the Elite 8 6 of the past 8 years. Just curious, when was the last time Arkansas made and elite 8 or a deep run in the SECT?

Just as UK fans rooted for USC in the tournament last year, I'm sure they would for Arkansas as well. I'm not sure Arkansas fans would say the same.

Reactions: kyjeff1

You're getting your information from the opinions of cbb analysts instead of watching teams play and forming your own opinions.
And who GAF that Arkansas beat UK in their gym? You should be able to win your home games. But can you win away from home? The answer has been no.

You're getting your information from the opinions of cbb analysts instead of watching teams play and forming your own opinions.
And who GAF that Arkansas beat UK in their gym? You should be able to win your home games. But can you win away from home? The answer has been no.
We won 8 out of 13 regular season road/neutral site games in 2017

2016 we sucked, 16-16 overall record and worst record MA has ever had. Our talent was pathetic.

2015 we won 8 out of 13 regular season road/neutral site games.

This year we are 2-4 so far.

I think winning on the road is not a problem for us now, but from Nolan leaving until 2014 I would agree that was our problem.

2016 we sucked, 16-16 overall record and worst record MA has ever had. Our talent was pathetic.

I think winning on the road is not a problem for us now, but from Nolan leaving until 2014 I would agree that was our problem.
Who did Ark win those games against is the question.
But I thought we were talking about wins over KY away from Bud Walton? Again, you should win your home games, especially when UK is the opponent because it is then that your players are motivated to actually play, the stands are packed with students, who, all the sudden, care about Arkansas basketball, and ESPN is airing the game. That's what happens whenever UK comes to town, whether it's Arkansas, Ole Miss, Bama, Auburn, Vandy, UT, Mississippi State or any other SEC school. All the sudden the stands are on fire and the players decide to give effort. So yeah, if you don't beat UK at home, you suck.
But what has Arkansas done VS UK away from BW? Nothing. What happens in the SEC tournament when Arkansas even makes it far enough to actually play UK? A big fat L is what happens.

laughed when that arkansas crap country pop star's agent told him to delete his comments after trashing monk saying he wasn't being true to where he came from by picking ky. He was doing a show in ky the next day. He should have been true to where he came from by trying to be a pop country singer in arky instead of going to nashville

Last edited:

Who did Ark win those games against is the question.
But I thought we were talking about wins over KY away from Bud Walton? Again, you should win your home games, especially when UK is the opponent because it is then that your players are motivated to actually play, the stands are packed with students, who, all the sudden, care about Arkansas basketball, and ESPN is airing the game. That's what happens whenever UK comes to town, whether it's Arkansas, Ole Miss, Bama, Auburn, Vandy, UT, Mississippi State or any other SEC school. All the sudden the stands are on fire and the players decide to give effort. So yeah, if you don't beat UK at home, you suck.
But what has Arkansas done VS UK away from BW? Nothing. What happens in the SEC tournament when Arkansas even makes it far enough to actually play UK? A big fat L is what happens.
I think we beat y'all in Rupp in either 15 or 14, but yea, that is not an easy task to beat a blue blood consistently at their place even if you are one.

My point was the whole we gotta win on the road is overblown.

You won’t be seeing them in the top 25 at all this year. Would be surprised if they even received any votes

Uhh we’re receiving votes now...should be in the top 25 by conference play

Just curious, when was the last time Arkansas made and elite 8 or a deep run in the SECT?

We made the SECT final 2 of the last 3 years.

Were you in Nashville last year when we were beating them for the second time? Did you see how their players were acting on the floor?

Did you see yours with the throat slash?

laughed when that arkansas crap country pop star's agent told him to delete his comments after trashing monk saying he wasn't being true to where he came from by picking ky. He was doing a show in ky the next day. He should have been true to where he came from by trying to be a pop country singer in arky instead of going to nashville

You can’t make it big in country music by staying in Arkansas. You can make the NBA from anywhere (look at Simmons and Fultz). Not a very good argument.

Lot of uninformed takes in this thread.

Reactions: fayettechillin
Uhh we’re receiving votes now...should be in the top 25 by conference play

We made the SECT final 2 of the last 3 years.

Did you see yours with the throat slash?

You can’t make it big in country music by staying in Arkansas. You can make the NBA from anywhere (look at Simmons and Fultz). Not a very good argument.

Lot of uninformed takes in this thread.
Have you never seen anyone slash their throat at a sporting event? It probably happens once a game. Sorry it hurt your feelings but your teams players were trying there PHYSICALLY hurt our players. The fact that you are even trying to justify that because he throat slashed yal while handing you the L is beyond ridiculous but at the same time is a perfect example of your fan base

Reactions: RipThru
giphy.gif

A buddy and I were at this game and the OT game in Lexington. Walking back to our car after the win in Lexington we had beer bottles launched at our heads from a truck driving by. 100% truth. Let's not talk about fan bases.

ADVERTISEMENT