ADVERTISEMENT

What are your SEC Basketball Rankings as of Now?

3speedchicken

Dec 11, 2011
Fayetteville
Team
Arkansas
Arky won a big one tonight against # 14 Minnesota (79-95), and are 7-2 ( losses against North Carolina and AT Houston).

Think Florida and Kentucky are the only teams competing?

What's up with KY's cupcake non-conference schedule? So far the only team with a pulse is Kansas.
Pretty obvious actually, Calipari designed the schedule knowing he would have possibly the youngest team ever seen in cbb.
But playing KU, VA Tech, West Virginia, UL and UCLA outside of a tough SEC is still very good.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
What's up with KY's cupcake non-conference schedule? So far the only team with a pulse is Kansas.

Vermont returned 4 starters from a team that won like 28 games and made the NCAA tournament. They play Virginia Tech, UCLA & Louisville now. For a team completely replacing everyone, the schedule is fine.

Gators just waiting on their bigs to return with Egbunu, Stokes, and Johnson. Then we will be a more balanced team with size and physical inside presence. Right now, we play 4 guard small ball shooting lots of 3's, living and dying by the 3.

TAMU has to be #1.

Kentucky looking better, but still unproven. Florida looked great, then horrible, finally won again. A bunch of teams in there with a bunch of wins, but nothing impressive. Arkansas’ was big though over Minny.

Reactions: druck1
Kentucky then the rest just like any other year
Ugh, yeah bro, except since the new millennium began, UF and UK have equal Final 4 and Elite 8 appearances (4 final fours each and 8 elite eights each) with UF edging UK in natties with 2 to 1, so yeah keep on "thinking" you so badass because that's all you have to believe in since you ain't ever gonna beat us in football until maybe the next millennium.

Ugh, yeah bro, except since the new millennium began, UF and UK have equal Final 4 and Elite 8 appearances (4 final fours each and 8 elite eights each) with UF edging UK in natties with 2 to 1, so yeah keep on "thinking" you so badass because that's all you have to believe in since you ain't ever gonna beat us in football until maybe the next millennium.
The time frame argument is literally one of the worst ones made around here. Florida basekball isn’t on UKs level. Never has been and never will be. Since Cals been here it hasn’t even been close. Be happy you got some wins in against Billy G and tubby

IMHO TAMU wins. Florida, if healthy, #2, UK #3. All bets are off if Vanderbilt, takes his panties off (Jarred not the school, we all know Vanderbilt the school will never remove the panties), and Baker's knee allows him to play this year.

Reactions: mtsuhog85
The time frame argument is literally one of the worst ones made around here. Florida basekball isn’t on UKs level. Never has been and never will be. Since Cals been here it hasn’t even been close. Be happy you got some wins in against Billy G and tubby

His comment was in response to the dumb Kentucky fan’s comment that’s its Kentucky then everybody else every year.

For all that talent since Cal, you don’t have much to show for it.

Reactions: AirZona
His comment was in response to the dumb Kentucky fan’s comment that’s its Kentucky then everybody else every year.

Lol one more final four and he will have as many as your program does in its entire history Laughing I’m sorry your fellow gator got offended by someone stating they think Kentucky will win the SEC again. I know it doesn’t happen very often

Haha, 6 Elite 8's, 4 Final Fours, 2 title games and a championship, in 8 years.

Man, it is so easy to compare that to UF all time.

UF doesn't have much to show in their entire history by your standards.

Sorry, Jimbo. was typing when you posted.

Last edited:
ANDDDDD 1 National Championship with more talent than anyone else. Great job.

...............................same old shit........................................

Since we (UF) were decent we are better than UK. What about the first 7 damned titles that Kentucky won when Florida could not even win the SEC? What about all those thousands of wins against good teams Kentucky has when Florida was total crap? What about the first 80 years when Florida could not get 1,000 folks to show up for a damned game?

Florida is a zero in the first century of basketball.

Florida has beaten Kentucky 38 times.
Kentucky has beaten Florida 100 times.

Since 1-1-2000; Florida's new century:

Florida has beaten Kentucky 15 times.
Kentucky has beaten Florida 27 times.

That is a big improvement; however, the only time Florida has been shit in basketball is this century, and UK has still dominated them. Why don't we consider the number of SEC titles?; the number of NCAA invites?; the number of final fours?; the number of elite eights? Florida is Johnny-come-lately and they still are not the best in the SEC.

...............................same old shit........................................

Since we (UF) were decent we are better than UK. What about the first 7 damned titles that Kentucky won when Florida could not even win the SEC? What about all those thousands of wins against good teams Kentucky has when Florida was total crap? What about the first 80 years when Florida could not get 1,000 folks to show up for a damned game?

Florida is a zero in the first century of basketball.

Florida has beaten Kentucky 38 times.
Kentucky has beaten Florida 100 times.

Since 1-1-2000; Florida's new century:

Florida has beaten Kentucky 15 times.
Kentucky has beaten Florida 27 times.

That is a big improvement; however, the only time Florida has been shit in basketball is this century, and UK has still dominated them. Why don't we consider the number of SEC titles?; the number of NCAA invites?; the number of final fours?; the number of elite eights? Florida is Johnny-come-lately and they still are not the best in the SEC.
In Florida’s golden era they are still Kentucky’s bitch. Lol

Lol one more final four and he will have as many as your program does in its entire history Laughing I’m sorry your fellow gator got offended by someone stating they think Kentucky will win the SEC again. I know it doesn’t happen very often

Just curious, how many SEC titles does Kentucky have in the last 15 years? I honestly have no clue.

I believe they have 7 in the last 15 years. 7 tournament titles as well
Which to me is kinda shocking. I think 7 tourney titles is a rock solid number. 7 Connie champs in 15 is very solid as well, just hard to remember uk not being the best team sans the Florida run. I wonder how many tourney titles we have. I’d bet it’s right around there.

A team IMO worth mentioning is Alabama. I watched them last night. Impressed. I honestly think the SEC is wide open in the terms of UK, UF, A&M, Arkansas and Bama. If anyone outside of those 5 win the league, I'd be shocked; I would've included Mizzou, but the loss of Porter IMO is to much to overcome.

The SEC has some teams this year that def create big time matchup problems. I think it will produce some ugly losses for really good teams. Winning all home games will be the key for what team wins that conference. Can’t drop any stinkers at home.

In Florida’s golden era they are still Kentucky’s bitch. Lol
Year regular season SEC Tourny

2000 UF, UK, LSU, UT Arkansas
2001 UF, UK UK
2002 Alabama Mississippi State
2003 UK UK
2004 Mississippi State UK
2005 UK UF
2006 LSU UF
2007 UF UF
2008 UT UGA
2009 LSU Mississippi State
2010 UK UK
2011 UF UK
2012 UK VANDY
2013 UF OLE MISS
2014 UF UF
2015 UK UK
2016 UK, TA&M UK
2017 UK UK

TOTALS: UK 9 UK 9
UF 7 UF 4

School SEC regular titles SEC tourney titles

Kentucky 48 30 out of 57
LSU 11 1 out of 57
Alabama 8 6 out of 57
Tennessee 8 4 out of 57
Florida 7 4 out of 57

Please correct my numbers if I am wrong. But Florida is a second even in their best couple decades to Kentucky. It does not take a smart guy to figure this stuff out.

Sorry folks, I can't correct the horrible formatting on Rivals.

Reactions: rdgtr and toonces11
I'm not sure that UK will win the SEC this year or not, seeing as there are several good teams this year, but it's silly to argue with a rival that has a sixty game advantage on you all time. Like I would never start an argument with a gator fan about football. Even if UK had some modest success against them for a few years it would dumb to argue with them about it seeing as how they've owned us for decades. Basically the same thing.

I'm not sure that UK will win the SEC this year or not, seeing as there are several good teams this year, but it's silly to argue with a rival that has a sixty game advantage on you all time. Like I would never start an argument with a gator fan about football. Even if UK had some modest success against them for a few years it would dumb to argue with them about it seeing as how they've owned us for decades. Basically the same thing.

The only problem is that for a good majority of my life UK had a winning record against Florida in football.

Up until about 1980 Florida sucked at both basketball and football.

Kentucky never sucked at basketball.

Florida fans, who don’t play the actual games, can’t argue with Kentucky fans, who don’t actually play the game. The reasoning being that prior Kentucky basketball players have had more success that prior Florida basketball players.

You are too stupid to insult.

I believe they have 7 in the last 15 years. 7 tournament titles as well

Thanks. I guess that's about what I would have guessed. Maybe slightly less than I thought.

Which is the official SEC champion? Regular season or tourney?

A team IMO worth mentioning is Alabama. I watched them last night. Impressed. I honestly think the SEC is wide open in the terms of UK, UF, A&M, Arkansas and Bama. If anyone outside of those 5 win the league, I'd be shocked; I would've included Mizzou, but the loss of Porter IMO is to much to overcome.

Didn't Bama lose at home to UCF?

Florida fans, who don’t play the actual games, can’t argue with Kentucky fans, who don’t actually play the game. The reasoning being that prior Kentucky basketball players have had more success that prior Florida basketball players.

You are too stupid to insult.
It would be good to know what context or to whom you address this.

If it was directed to me then you have a fight.

Stupid post.

The ONLY real game you guys have played you lost. Behind Kansas' 22 RPI, the next best RPI until SEC play is Vermont at 50. Then Utah valley at 65.

Vs tech 9-1..best win is against 87 Washington.
UCLA 7-2..lost their best player and is in turmoil.
UL 6-2..lost head coach.

Weak sauce schedule. Probably not y'alls fault because the teams are shitshows. But nonetheless, weak.

The ONLY real game you guys have played you lost. Behind Kansas' 22 RPI, the next best RPI until SEC play is Vermont at 50. Then Utah valley at 65.

Vs tech 9-1..best win is against 87 Washington.
UCLA 7-2..lost their best player and is in turmoil.
UL 6-2..lost head coach.

Weak sauce schedule. Probably not y'alls fault because the teams are shitshows. But nonetheless, weak.

UK usually plays a very competitive OOC schedule. I just find it funny that you point out UK's weak schedule when you team never plays shit.

UK usually plays a very competitive OOC schedule. I just find it funny that you point out UK's weak schedule when you team never plays shit.

We're sitting at #2 SOS.

Ky is at #116.

Btw, this thread is about this year. And this year's SEC. No way KY wins the SEC this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT