ADVERTISEMENT

West Virginia Program History (by the numbers)

What's "wow" supposed to mean? You brought up Kansas. Kansas has almost been in as many Final Fours (14) as Villanova has been in Sweet 16s (16). In fact, Kansas has been in many more Elite Eights (23) than Villanova's Sweet 16 total.

WVU is a much better program than TCU. TCU has 1 Elite Eight, 4 Sweet 16, and 7 tournament appearances.

You just didn't do your homework and deserve being ridiculed.

Reactions: doogie503
First off. I hate West Virginia, BUT....

I get it, you were born in WVU and you grew up with your "cousins" who all grew up in WVU and you are proud of your history. But again, there is no history.

You are better off accepting that your past is pathetic but you have a decent team this year. That's fine, what have you done for me lately is a good attitude. But for you people to brag about the 2 final fours in your history, it's a bad look (People from Iowa don't brag about their 1956 runner-up finish, but they do have more tournament success than WVU).

NCAA Tournament Facts:

Villanova will be Top 10 in Tournament wins in 2 months (currently trail UConn by 1, 11th place).

WVU would have to win 5 straight tournaments (30-0) to pass Villanova (assuming Villanova didn't win any games during that run).

1st. The bold part is a little contradictory. No history but Final 4s????
2nd. I love how you say that they brag about final fours but then you go and brag about some useless as shit like tournament wins. Nobody cares how many 2nd round victories you have. Its a dumb fvcking stats, unless the blue bloods are having a dick measuring contest.

Are you still defending WVU's pathetic history? Just stop dude, you're making an ass out of yourself.

A few other "powerhouses" with only 2 Final Fours and more tournament success than WVU:

Bradley - More championship game appearances (2)
CCNY - includes a championship
Colorado - 6 Elite 8s (double WVU)
Darmouth - includes Helms championship
Holy Cross - Includes NCAA championship
La Salle - Includes NCAA championship
NYU - Includes Helms championship
Oregon State - 6 Elite 8s (double WVU)

But, but jerry west!! Every time you WVU people respond, you just make things worse for yourselves. Just makes me research and find more reasons why WVU is not even close to a good program.

Are you still defending WVU's pathetic history? Just stop dude, you're making an ass out of yourself.

A few other "powerhouses" with only 2 Final Fours and more tournament success than WVU:

But, but jerry west!! Every time you WVU people respond, you just make things worse for yourselves. Just makes me research and find more reasons why WVU is not even close to a good program.

You should get a life, maybe try and go get laid instead of doing all this “research” on WVU.

LOL, I'm not a WVU fan, but you're totally making an ass of yourself. That 1942 NIT is a national championship. The NIT was the big thing back then. In effect, you broke the tie with WVU for national championships by beating UNC 2 years ago. Of course, you still lead in Final Four appearances vacated because of a cheating scandal.

Totally untrue. Of course, Jerry "The Logo" West does transcend any player to come out of Villanova, but then there are 14 other West Virginia players players who have also played in the NBA. Moreover, West Virginia has 26 NCAA appearances and two in the Final Four. The Moutaineers also won two NITs, including one in 1942 when that tournament really meant something. Also, take note that they added the dazzling slogan "You got Pittsnogled" to the basketball lexicon.

I have nothing against Villanova, but this stupid thread was created to belittle the hoops history of West Virginia, and that's something that simply isn't justified.
Kansas has 15 players in the NBA RIGHT NOW!

Kansas has 15 players in the NBA RIGHT NOW!
I don't believe I said anything about West Virginia having a basketball history comparable to Kansas. Of course, as a state, West Virginia has produced 25 players for a NBA, a slightly higher per capita amount compared to Kansas' 33 players.

Last edited:

Just stop, nobody in the real world puts WVU anywhere near the level of Nova, there is nothing you should feel the need to argue.

Just stop, nobody in the real world puts WVU anywhere near the level of Nova, there is nothing you should feel the need to argue.
How wildly vast a chasm do you think there is between the programs? Villanova certainly isn't a blue blood like UCLA, Kansas, UNC, or Kentucky, and West Virginia has a pretty respectable history. It's certainly not David vs. Goliath.

FFS, I wish this thread would just go away.

It's come down to a Nova fan talking to himself under two different screen names.

Reactions: ChiTownSean
I forgot how good Wonderful Whites from West Virginia is.

So that's how people on the other side of the Appalachians live.

ADVERTISEMENT