ADVERTISEMENT

Wendys Super Bar

kA2Cjxj.gif

Wasnt anyone born in the 70s?

Wendy's tried a buffet with spaghetti, nacho/tacos, and salad.

It was strange. It was a late 80s experiment

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Wendy’s died for me many years ago. The spicy chicken sandwich used to be the #1 food item from any fast food place around. Then sometime around 2005 they must have switched up the recipe. Ended up being nothing more than a burnt piece of chicken + soggy tomato slice + soggy lettuce on soggy bread. If the place had decent fries it may be worth going to again but, IMO, there is absolutely nothing there worth going for. When Dave died it all went downhill.

Reactions: ceilo77 and tw3301
Wendy’s died for me many years ago. The spicy chicken sandwich used to be the #1 food item from any fast food place around. Then sometime around 2005 they must have switched up the recipe. Ended up being nothing more than a burnt piece of chicken + soggy tomato slice + soggy lettuce on soggy bread. If the place had decent fries it may be worth going to again but, IMO, there is absolutely nothing there worth going for. When Dave died it all went downhill.

I want to say his daughter took over after he died and changed a bunch of stuff. It's not the same.

Wendys died for me years ago when I found a fly in my burger.

Wendy’s burgers aren’t bad and I like their fries, but it always seems to be more expensive than the other options. Idk if it has to do with what my wife tends to order, but we’ll often spend the same amount for a meal at Chipotle as we do at Wendy’s. Chipotle will win that battle 11/10 times.

Wasnt anyone born in the 70s?

Wendy's tried a buffet with spaghetti, nacho/tacos, and salad.

It was strange. It was a late 80s experiment
I remember it in the early 90s. That and double decker tacos were my jam. However I stopped with the DD Tacos when I saw the Kentucky head coach assh*le Rick Pitino was using them to steal recruits.

Does Mr. Gatti's still do buffet?

Last edited:
Reactions: hawkit3113

Their jr bacon is my goto fast food cheat.

Their jr bacon is my goto fast food cheat.
We have whataburger around here and it’s right next door to Wendy’s. I’ll crush some whataburger every month or 2 but the line is always 5+ cars deep. Always. Usually more. Wendy’s NEVER has more than 2-3 in line. Many times there’s nobody in line at all. I still won’t go. Even if I had a 15+ minute wait at whataburger and 0 wait at Wendy’s, I’ll still go with whataburger. Lol

We stopped at a Wendy's on the way back from the Louisville Zoo last year and it was the weirdest experience I've had in a fast food joint. They would take an order, and completely fill it before taking another one. Everyone working there clearly had some issues. I think they may have been on work release or something. Were in there like an hour before we even ordered.

Like, being quick is the only thing you are known for besides your awesome Twitter account. How can you screw that up?

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Wendy's is about as good as you can get for a fast food burger.

In general

Chik Fil A > Wendy's > Taco Bell> McDonalds

Chik Fil A is legit. I would take Taco Bell next probably. Then maybe Bojangles and Hardees. After that would probably lump them all in together.

Reactions: keith37
Chik Fil A is legit. I would take Taco Bell next probably. Then maybe Bojangles and Hardees. After that would probably lump them all in together.
Tbh I’m not sure I’ve ever tried Hardy’s. But yea, after a few of your favorites they all kinda fall together. I do love some Canes or Zaxbys though

Hardee's was bought out by Carl's Jr. around here. It's the only other acceptable burger place to eat at other than Whataburger. Burger King is good in other places but the one here is awful for some reason.

Chik Fil A is good but way overrated. People act like it's a quality meal. It's shit. It's just not gross shit.

Never had Zaxby's but I've seen it. Raising Canes is awful, IMO. It's chicken fingers and gravy. Lol. Reminds of something you'd get at the snack bar at the pool when I was 10 years old. They opened one here a few months ago and the line was probably 60 cars deep. We gotta lotta fats in Texas if you didn't know.

The only acceptable taco place, for me atleast, is a local place called Rosa's. It's a Texas chain and it originated in Midland. It's real solid.

Tbh I’m not sure I’ve ever tried Hardy’s. But yea, after a few of your favorites they all kinda fall together. I do love some Canes or Zaxbys though

Never heard of Canes but I don't really consider Zaxby's fast food. If so, it would be there though. It's fantastic.

Never heard of Canes but I don't really consider Zaxby's fast food. If so, it would be there though. It's fantastic.
This is it. This is your meal. I do not understand why it is always so busy. Every single Raising Cane's in America right now (or 2 months ago rather) is as busy as any restaurant in its city.

This is it. This is your meal. I do not understand why it is always so busy. Every single Raising Cane's in America right now (or 2 months ago rather) is as busy as any restaurant in its city.

E'erbody loves chicken. I know I do.

Reactions: JimboBBN
E'erbody loves chicken. I know I do.
Sure. But why would anybody pick that when they could likely just go next door and get fried chicken and the option of several different sides better than anything at Cane's?

I know you haven't been there so you should know their only sides are what is in the basket above. No mashed potatoes/gravy. No mac n cheese. No fried okra. No corn. Just greasy low grade fries (seriously the worst kind of fries), greasy texas toast and coleslaw. It's a place that should be last on anybody's list to go to but it's seriously as busy as Chik Fil A all the time. I will never understand.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Sure. But why would anybody pick that when they could likely just go next door and get fried chicken and the option of several different sides better than anything at Cane's?

I know you haven't been there so you should know their only sides are what is in the basket above. No mashed potatoes/gravy. No mac n cheese. No fried okra. No corn. Just greasy low grade fries (seriously the worst kind of fries), greasy texas toast and coleslaw. It's a place that should be last on anybody's list to go to but it's seriously as busy as Chik Fil A all the time. I will never understand.

Yeah, I have no idea. I agree with you. I was just messing around about chicken. I also don't often trust places with crinkle cut fries. Most places make them too soggy and they suck. They need to be crispy and shaken in a crapload of seasoning.

Yeah, I have no idea. I agree with you. I was just messing around about chicken. I also don't often trust places with crinkle cut fries. Most places make them too soggy and they suck. They need to be crispy and shaken in a crapload of seasoning.
d0dd95af84e830aa98ebadbb03ec0b9e.jpg

I'd rearrange the order but this is close to accurate.

It's rare to get a perfect batch of crinkle cut fries. All places that served them should be put on notice. It's like going to a place that offers only Pepsi beverages. Can't trust em.

Hardee's was bought out by Carl's Jr. around here. It's the only other acceptable burger place to eat at other than Whataburger. Burger King is good in other places but the one here is awful for some reason.

Chik Fil A is good but way overrated. People act like it's a quality meal. It's shit. It's just not gross shit.

Never had Zaxby's but I've seen it. Raising Canes is awful, IMO. It's chicken fingers and gravy. Lol. Reminds of something you'd get at the snack bar at the pool when I was 10 years old. They opened one here a few months ago and the line was probably 60 cars deep. We gotta lotta fats in Texas if you didn't know.

The only acceptable taco place, for me atleast, is a local place called Rosa's. It's a Texas chain and it originated in Midland. It's real solid.
You went from quality poster to a literal shit in one post. Wow. You don't deserve Cane's.

He's not educated on fried chicken obviously. Cane's is a fine fast food spot for chicken. No worse than a KFC.

What the hell kind of an idea was that?

I used to go to one by DePaul back in the 90s. We'd go there sometimes after playing hoops for a few hours. One day we went and the Super Bar was gone. Asked the manager why it was gone and they said that they got rid it because people were abusing it. He said the straw that broke the camel's back was when a Mexican family of 10 came in and bought 1 Super Bar. The father then proceeded to make 30 tacos and fed his whole family.

That was the end of the Super Bar

ADVERTISEMENT