ADVERTISEMENT

Well the SEC is

The SEC is underrated. As is the ACC. I would put the Big XII, SEC, and ACC about on par with each other. I think the SEC suffers from the same thing that the Big XII does, with lots of good to above average teams in the middle, few bad teams, but not top heavy either.

The ACC is the most likely to produce a champion imo. I think they have more poor teams, but the teams at the top are stronger.

A&M looks like trash. It's been a long few months since embarrassing WVU.

They were a tough match up for Providence. I am interested to see their bigs against a smaller UNC team

Thought A&M would lose to a Providence team that was playing some very good basketball, but guess not.

Reactions: KisteK
The SEC is underrated. As is the ACC. I would put the Big XII, SEC, and ACC about on par with each other. I think the SEC suffers from the same thing that the Big XII does, with lots of good to above average teams in the middle, few bad teams, but not top heavy either.

The ACC is the most likely to produce a champion imo. I think they have more poor teams, but the teams at the top are stronger.

Very well said. Agreed.

At the end of the season, Kentucky and Tennessee absolutely annihilated the rest of the SEC, so I think at this point, there's a defined top. The wildcard for me is Florida. They have games where they can beat the holy hell out of anybody, and they have games where they can have the holy hell beaten out of them.

OSU fan seems pretty mad. Prolly cause the Big 10 sucks. Amirite?
giphy.gif

California is actually a pretty nice state to visit. Way too expensive to live in the desirable parts though. Guy I graduated with makes way more money than me working at Apple, but cant afford a house in Silicon Valley.

But its not some communist dystopia.

California is actually a pretty nice state to visit. Way too expensive to live in the desirable parts though. Guy I graduated with makes way more money than me working at Apple, but cant afford a house in Silicon Valley.

But its not some communist dystopia.
California is worthless other than San Diego, and you can barely get a cardboard box for $500K there.

I lived in Cali and I been to Ohio several times and trust me, the south is 1000 x's better than Ohio.

I was stationed in San Diego for two years.

I'd still prefer Kentucky.

Actually, I'd prefer a southern beach city (Gulf Shores, Charleston, Savanna) but I prefer Kentucky over California.

Reactions: American Male
I was stationed in San Diego for two years.

I'd still prefer Kentucky.

Actually, I'd prefer a southern beach city (Gulf Shores, Charleston, Savanna) but I prefer Kentucky over California.

I hear you. Once I got to SD I told my family I'd never move back to NC, well I lied but I learned you never say never.

Reactions: American Male
btw bragging about beating lower seeds is a bad look. The only lower seeded SEC team that won was alabama and that was a 8/9 so you are pretty much bragging about beating a bunch of high seeds.

Why do southerners feel they need to validate themselves so much?
It is not self validation. Southerners identify with each other/groups. Northerners don’t understand because they are self centered. That is why southern teams get support even when they are not perineal champions.

At the end of the season, Kentucky and Tennessee absolutely annihilated the rest of the SEC, so I think at this point, there's a defined top. The wildcard for me is Florida. They have games where they can beat the holy hell out of anybody, and they have games where they can have the holy hell beaten out of them.

How so? We lost one bad game to Bama (18 points) where we collapsed in the second half. We were winning at halftime. Also lost a 12 point game in Athens where they shot 22 FTs and we shot 6. All the rest of the our conference losses were very close. We lost to UT in Tennessee by 5 in the only game we played (they hit 80+%FTs and we hit just above 50%).
Plus we swept UK.

Not many teams "annihilated" us.

Last edited:
By winning games by ~20 points each in the SEC tournament.
Sure UK had 2 blowout wins in SEC tournament. Their last game of the season they got blown out too. Nobody cares that much about the conference tournament. It's all about the big dance.

By the way I'm not sure why Fl didn't play UT twice this year, as I can't recall ever not playing them twice. Weird.

All I'm saying is against the top SEC teams FL went 3-1. 1-0 vs Auburn, 2-0 vs UK, 0-1 UT. We just sucked at handling the middle of the pack and UGA.

Sure UK had 2 blowout wins in SEC tournament. Their last game of the season they got blown out too. Nobody cares that much about the conference tournament. It's all about the big dance.

By the way I'm not sure why Fl didn't play UT twice this year, as I can't recall ever not playing them twice. Weird.
Scheduling has changed since they did away with divisions in 2012.

Reactions: 954gator
Yeah I'm not a big fan. We have to at least always play UK twice right?
Hopefully but I doubt it. I'm sure there will be years that they only play once with the rotating schedule. It seems like former eastern division teams still play each other more often than western division teams but I am not certain how the scheduling works over a period of years.

Reactions: 954gator

Big 10 was actually the conference most media felt would produce a national champion. With the injury to Haas, that obviously took a hit.

Actually, youll be cheering for Arkansas today. If you cheered for the Kansaw Jayhawks last night, that's cool. Its just that our name was first, and they say their own name wrong.

LOL. Silly Kansaw fans

We do not speak the same language.

btw bragging about beating lower seeds is a bad look. The only lower seeded SEC team that won was alabama and that was a 8/9 so you are pretty much bragging about beating a bunch of high seeds.

Why do southerners feel they need to validate themselves so much?
yeah, it must be real embarrassing to not win as a high seed

I've watched, at minimum, 6 games (prob closer to 10) of Florida's, just came to the realization: I couldn't have picked Coach White out of a lineup (pre-tourney).

He doesn't look anything like I thought/ pictured/remembered? Laugh.gif.laugh

Regardless, Florida's in good hands.
Some real interesting recruits signed for next season..

It was after midnight and you were on here posting about the SEC and want to talk about needing validation? RollLaugh That's ****ing rich.

I am in Tokyo so time difference. Bad assumption on your part, like your conference today getting exposed eh?

SEC laying their usual eggs. UT did not look the same team, nor did UF, both should have won, but played horrible games. A&M has a good chance against UNC, but Auburn likely goes home, they have too many injuries.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT