ADVERTISEMENT

Weed

Legalize it or not?

• Total voters
I have a question for all you weed whackers. Could you quit if you had to?

There is nothing that infuriates me more than having a client that does everything they are supposed to. Show up for court, check in weekly, be home when they're supposed to and don't get in any trouble..... Just to fail their last drug test because of marijuana. Happens more than you think.
Not many of us are on parole. If it's a pee test , a couple weeks off with an hour a day of tread mill time , water , and a detox gets me thru every time.

Reactions: npreston
I can drop any habit/substance on a dime. In my mid-20s I smoked almost two packs of cigs a day and quit within two days.

I've basically quit weed and booze. Still occasionally do both but never have an uncontrollable urge for either and can easily go several months without.

Same except for coffee. That’s one substance that I can’t quit. Thank God it’s legal and socially acceptable.

There is nothing that infuriates me more than having a client that does everything they are supposed to. Show up for court, check in weekly, be home when they're supposed to and don't get in any trouble..... Just to fail their last drug test because of marijuana. Happens more than you think.

I'm not an everyday smoker, so I can pass a pee test after 7-10 days without doing anything special (other than quitting, obviously). Hair tests are more worrisome. THC metabolites don't always bind to hair but, if they do, they're there for 3 months. They'll stop being deposited about 7 days after your last toke, at which point you can cut your hair very very short to remove the effected hair (waiting 10 days to do this is advisable), but you'll still need at least 3 more weeks for the hair to hopefully grow long enough to provide a suitable sample for the lab. If your head hair isn't long enough, body hair is typically sampled. Body hair is a total wildcard, though. It can show use from a year ago, but THC metabolites are less likely to bind to body hair. Total crapshoot.

Reactions: Spacegrass
I'm not an everyday smoker, so I can pass a pee test after 7-10 days without doing anything special (other than quitting, obviously). Hair tests are more worrisome. THC metabolites don't always bind to hair but, if they do, they're there for 3 months. They'll stop being deposited about 7 days after your last toke, at which point you can cut your hair very very short to remove the effected hair (waiting 10 days to do this is advisable), but you'll still need at least 3 more weeks for the hair to hopefully grow long enough to provide a suitable sample for the lab. If your head hair isn't long enough, body hair is typically sampled. Body hair is a total wildcard, though. It can show use from a year ago, but THC metabolites are less likely to bind to body hair. Total crapshoot.
giphy.gif

So is weed....

Socially acceptable, perhaps. Though I won’t lose my job for drinking coffee.

Legal in some places. Though until Federal law changes I think you can still run into odd issues there.

They really need to remove it from schedule 1 and completely legalize. It’s stupid that it’s even a question at this point.

Reactions: npreston and KisteK

I (and my partner) quit for two years in attempt to have a baby. Prob smoked a total of 4 or 5 times (parties) in that two years, and then when I finally got knocked up, I didn't smoke again until baby was almost 4 months (that's when I stopped pumping).
Was another 6 months before I touched alcohol.

Criminals thinking they don't have to obey laws and/or orders? Shocking.

I"m gonna personally make sure tag the homo catches on at my work place.

We roleplayed enough.

Until you remember it's Kentucky. But hey I am all for you guys becoming the Amsterdam of America. Legalize prostitution while ya'll are at it.

I’m sure your people would go full stop and wait for green lights on red turns, while driving teal astrovans, if it existed though

In NC, at least, I wonder if $ and the boost to farming and need to replace tobacco is enough to push us closer to the front of the pack when it comes to legalization. We haven't had a very good track record of late in being ahead of the curve, but dolla dolla bills, y'all.

NC is trying to make it legal up to 4 oz. anything over is a misdemeanor.

Reactions: KisteK
NC is trying to make it legal up to 4 oz. anything over is a misdemeanor.
That surprised me to hear, so I read up on it. It’s highly unlikely to get out of committee, let alone to the governor’s desk. We’re currently one of only 20 remaining states without some form of legal weed. If it continues on a state-by-state basis, I bet we make the last 10. :(

Reactions: ceilo77
Legalize it, price it to keep illegal pushers out of the picture while taxing it with proceeds locked into DEA, drug education and rehab. Grow it in prisons using "free" labor.

Still ... keep it out of the NCAA sports picture. It damages kids with a bright future.

Legalize it, price it to keep illegal pushers out of the picture while taxing it with proceeds locked into DEA, drug education and rehab. Grow it in prisons using "free" labor.

Still ... keep it out of the NCAA sports picture. It damages kids with a bright future.
Not reason why athletes shouldn’t be able to medicate using the plant

Reactions: ceilo77 and KisteK
Who is the one who voted against? And with this board having a pretty good split between conservative and liberal, this poll shows the inevitability of recreational marijuana, and the stupidity of elected officials in opposing it.

Not reason why athletes shouldn’t be able to medicate using the plant
Medicate if it is the only option (or best) ... sure. Self medicate no. Most of the athletes performing at high levels have better options which might be not be as much fun and "Medication" is too often just another name for rec use. With all of the drug problems we have and assocoated health problems, it is time to take a close look at drug use. (not just Marijuana and opiates) These kids are likely to live to be over 100 years old. What are the long term effects of usage? Not being a user I may be wrong in thinking most marjuana use is still smoking. There are cumulative effects from the smoke, not only the drug.
Yeah, It's a knotty problem which will be tough to solve but it's time to drop politics and permissiveness and look at real health.

Only if you’re outlawing doctors from prescribing these kids opiates. Otherwise, hook these kids up w weed, not death in a bottle.

Edit: Looks like you were responding to this as I posted it. Fvck opiates.

Reactions: KisteK
na
A.) super old

B.) super “Christian”

C.) both A and B

name calling and personal attack pretty much equate not having anything of value to say. The guy is entitled to his opinion. I fought for that right. a lot of guys died for it.

Nothing wrong with being old. Bet you'd like to get there. Nothing wrong with holding you own religious beliefs unless you force them on others. I'd bet a lot of pepole against rec use in or out of this forum are not "super 'Christians'".

It's OK to recognize difference in opinion without berating it or demanding explanation or change.

Only if you’re outlawing doctors from prescribing these kids opiates. Otherwise, hook these kids up w weed, not death in a bottle.

Edit: Looks like you were responding to this as I posted it. Fvck opiates.
you are right on target with this.

Medicate if it is the only option (or best) ... sure. Self medicate no. Most of the athletes performing at high levels have better options which might be not be as much fun and "Medication" is too often just another name for rec use. With all of the drug problems we have and assocoated health problems, it is time to take a close look at drug use. (not just Marijuana and opiates) These kids are likely to live to be over 100 years old. What are the long term effects of usage? Not being a user I may be wrong in thinking most marjuana use is still smoking. There are cumulative effects from the smoke, not only the drug.
Yeah, It's a knotty problem which will be tough to solve but it's time to drop politics and permissiveness and look at real health.
Who are you to tell anyone what they can and can’t put into their body? If they feel like there is a better option the weed then they should be free to have that as well. The problem is telling people what they can and can’t do.

Don’t tell me you fought for that right then in the next post tell me that athletes shouldn’t be able to smoke weed bexUse there are better options. Well no shit but that is relative to personal experience don’t you think? A better option for you isn’t always a better option for me

Marijuana smoke has many of the same harmful chemicals as tobacco smoke (not including the crap cigarette companies add). That's true. But tobacco smokers smoke a lot more than weed smokers. Making marijuana legal will make the safer alternatives to smoking much easier to get your hands on. Edibles aren't easy to make with consistent dosages in your mom's kitchen. Legalization would make appropriately dosed pot brownies easy to get ahold of. Oil, for vaporizing, is not easy to get your hands on either; legalization would remedy this. And vaporizing THC oil is scientifically safer than smoking the bud.

Reactions: PorterStarrByrd
aaa
Who are you to tell anyone what they can and can’t put into their body? If they feel like there is a better option the weed then they should be free to have that as well. The problem is telling people what they can and can’t do.

Don’t tell me you fought for that right then in the next post tell me that athletes shouldn’t be able to smoke weed bexUse there are better options. Well no shit but that is relative to personal experience don’t you think? A better option for you isn’t always a better option for me

Actually I fought for the freedoms of speech and religion as provided in the constitution, not an open invitation to self destruct. It's a long discussion as to what people should and shouldn't be allowed to do and final agreement is not likely.

We kind of have need, right, and responsibility to to tell people what they shouldn't do (murder, rape, road rage etc etc etc) to maintain a healthy society. The details are up for debate.

Last edited:
aaa

Actually I fought for the freedoms of speech and religion as provided in the constitution, not an open invitation to self destruct. It's a long discussion as to what people should and shouldn't be allowed to do and final agreement is not likely.
Religion can be anything. I could worship a plant that provides many positives to this world instead of people that lived thousands of years ago that have only brought destruction through religion

You
Religion can be anything. I could worship a plant that provides many positives to this world instead of people that lived thousands of years ago that have only brought destruction through religion
Yep. you certainly have the right and I'd fight for it again. People who worship the long dead or never existed entities have the same right. The choices are yours and theirs. Religion is another subject for endless, largely fruitless, debate, even more so than drug use. Personally I see religion as on the cusp of being on a list of things the world would be better off without except for the fact that it has probably influenced more good behavior than bad.

You

Yep. you certainly have the right and I'd fight for it again. People who worship the long dead or never existed entities have the same right. The choices are yours and theirs. Religion is another subject for endless, largely fruitless, debate, even more so than drug use. Personally I see religion as on the cusp of being on a list of things the world would be better off without except for the fact that it has probably influenced more good behavior than bad.
May influenced more good behavior than bad but has also claimed more lives than saved. I’m a spiritual person. My beliefs can’t be placed into a single religion or at least one that I have found. Most of the judging of the way people live their own lives come from religious people too.

Just
May influenced more good behavior than bad but has also claimed more lives than saved. I’m a spiritual person. My beliefs can’t be placed into a single religion or at least one that I have found. Most of the judging of the way people live their own lives come from religious people too.
egging you on a bit ..

so there would be no judgment if there was no religion? Does the fact that most control and restriction come from religious people have anything to do with most people being religious? I'd like to see your figures on more killed than saved before I argue that point. Stalin and Lenin were not religious but created top 10 records in creating widows and orphans.

The guy is entitled to his opinion. I fought for that right. a lot of guys died for it.

Actually I fought for the freedoms of speech and religion as provided in the constitution, not an open invitation to self destruct.

1) Thanks for your service, but stating this adds nothing to the conversation and only serves to distract from the issue of marijuana legalization.

2) You apparently do not realize what "the freedoms of speech and religion as provided in the constitution" are if you're bringing them up with regards to what people can/should say in conversations on a non-government sports website. People can have opinions, and others can ask about/mock/challenge those opinions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT