ADVERTISEMENT

Weed

Legalize it or not?

• Total voters

TheDude1

Apr 15, 2010
Legalize and tax it, because let’s face it, it isn’t much worse than liquor?

Keep it illegal, because not only is it a gateway drug, but it’s also so much harder to do sobriety tests for?

Legalize and tax it, because let’s face it, it isn’t much worse than liquor?

Keep it illegal, because not only is it a gateway drug, but it’s also so much harder to do sobriety tests for?
I don't smoke, but I'm definitely in favor of legalization and taxation. Could also be a nice way to supplement the agricultural industry in certain states.

There is no logical reason to keep it illegal.

Stats show harder drug usage is down in states where it is recreationally legal. It’s actually much safer than alcohol. Last but not least, states could make millions of dollars on it. Only old, angry people want to keep it illegal.

Don't smoke but it would be great. Would gladly see Sessions fired to make this happen. Someone would have to find him and/or wake him up first though so...

Reactions: OU50
One of the not so cool parts about living in the southeast, or “Bible Belt,” weed isn’t going to be legal here for a while still.

Don't smoke but it would be great. Would gladly see Sessions fired to make this happen. Someone would have to find him and/or wake him up first though so...
Sessions needs a session, dude has such a hard on for bud. Someone needs to feed him an edible so his leprechaun lookin’ ass chills out.

I have never threw up from smoking too much weed. Liquor on the other hand several time. It's time to legalize, North Carolina will be the last to do it though. We were one of the last to allow the lottery as well. Living in the bible belt sucks sometimes.

Reactions: ceilo77
easiest Wood you question so far. hell yea you legalize it! Although it's already legal for me since I got my medical weed card in March. Ironically though I still prefer to buy off the black market since I only do dabs these days and I can get wax/shatter for 50% cheaper if I buy in bulk from a buddy of mine.

I have never threw up from smoking too much weed. Liquor on the other hand several time. It's time to legalize, North Carolina will be the last to do it though. We were one of the last to allow the lottery as well. Living in the bible belt sucks sometimes.
Nah, we are more backward here. Passed medical this year, overwhelmingly, then our stupid ass governor (on her way out the door this year) punted it to the Board of Health who re-wrote the law people voted for and totally screwed it up, pretty much making it impossible to get and they now have caught the head of the State Board of Pharmacy emailing the Board of Health attorney offering her a job (at more $$) if she changed the law to make it a requirement for a pharmacist to be in every dispensary. Luckily the state Attorney General intervened and now they are working to set up the law as passed. Now the push is on for full recreational on the ballot.

Nah, we are more backward here. Passed medical this year, overwhelmingly, then our stupid ass governor (on her way out the door this year) punted it to the Board of Health who re-wrote the law people voted for and totally screwed it up, pretty much making it impossible to get and they now have caught the head of the State Board of Pharmacy emailing the Board of Health attorney offering her a job (at more $$) if she changed the law to make it a requirement for a pharmacist to be in every dispensary. Luckily the state Attorney General intervened and now they are working to set up the law as passed. Now the push is on for full recreational on the ballot.
Which state are you in?

It was voted for medical in Arkansas two years ago and there's still no place open yet. Bible belt is keeping it from being available even after the vote.

damn, I didn't think anyone could have a more ****ed up State government than Illinois, but that's a contender right there.

Damn, that's messed up. Us in the south will have to wait till these old school politicians die off and we elect a new younger business thinking group to take over.

Reactions: ceilo77
damn, I didn't think anyone could have a more ****ed up State government than Illinois, but that's a contender right there.
Gonna be painful watching Illinois waste all the money it makes off this, when it becomes legal.

I have never threw up from smoking too much weed.
can't relate
staf.gif

Arkansas' "legalization" is a joke, and will prob be the proto-type copied all over the south.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Which state are you in?
Oklahoma, the reddest of the red. Our outgoing, useless, waste of flesh governor was against it and basically washed her hands of it in an attempt to kick it down the road to the next governor. To their credit, despite her refusal to call a special session of the legislature to set up real procedures and rules for the program, our legislature just gave her the finger and said the people voted for the law and they WILL meet in a bipartisan session to make sure it is implemented as provided in the law. The Board of Health changed the law to ban smokeable products and placed so many restrictions on it (that were not in the law we voted on) that it was rendered useless. I was shocked the bill passed here, but it did by a wide majority. Then they f*cked it up.

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
Not a smoker. Because of my job mostly. But I would say it is nowhere near as bad as liquor.
It's like anything. The person is the addict more than the drug causing them to be an addict. Hell I don't even think Marijuana is on the drug schedule anymore.

Schedule 1 narcotic.

Right there with Heroin and LSD.

It's their trump card. And the olds gobble it up.
It's a gateway drug, everybody knows that. I myself have been smoking since 1970 and I am still waiting on that gateway to open, but it hasn't yet. I must be doing something wrong. Actually now that I think of it, alcohol was my gateway into smoking weed, maybe we should outlaw booze too?

68% of Kentucky voters support legalization and it probably won’t be legalized until around 2050.

100% of people in this thread side with legalization. The only unanimous poll in board history with 30+ voters and it’s still illegal in heavy majority of states.

I find this to be ****ed up

Legalize all drugs. We've been needing to weed out the population for a while now.

ADVERTISEMENT