ADVERTISEMENT

Wake Forest -3 vs Duke

bignish

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2016
Team
Duke
Lay the wood on Wake Forest. You’ll never see a team play hungrier and more focused.

I hate Bracketologists because they created this stupid narrative by screwing over Wake. Wake will not lose this game.

• Wow
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Should be a good one. I think Duke is for real, but this is a tough game, no shame in losing on the road at WF if it happens.

Eh, I don't know. Wake could win I guess but their shooting has been trending down lately I believe and that is their game. Duke is simply better. Every bubble team is 'hungry' right now so every game teams will bring it.

Eh, I don't know. Wake could win I guess but their shooting has been trending down lately I believe and that is their game. Duke is simply better. Every bubble team is 'hungry' right now so every game teams will bring it.
Wake isn't all that great, but they get a LOT of help at home.

Very interesting turn of events at the end there. It appeared a fan storming the court may have hurt one of Dukes players.

I just watched the court storming. I left the room as soon as the buzzer hit before so I missed it in real time.

A bunch of students definitely ran into him and he looked like he was in some pain. I hope it isn’t serious.

I just watched the court storming. I left the room as soon as the buzzer hit before so I missed it in real time.

A bunch of students definitely ran into him and he looked like he was in some pain. I hope it isn’t serious.

I'm all for court stormings, but damn let the other team get off the court first

Reactions: kyjeff1
Did Filipowsli get injured there at the end?
See how Scheyer reacted when he saw what was happening? I like that, if I was a Duke fan, I'd love seeing that.

Reactions: 954gator
I still can't tell. ESPN has shown it too. Looks like he spins around and steps forward right as that student is coming through.

Either way, knocking your leg against another might be painful but it shouldn't be a serious injury. Any word on that?

That's the best angle I've seen. He clearly leans in to shove the student. His leg gets hit while he's in stride to shove the student. I don't think he tried to trip them too, incidental contact, but he clearly got hit because he stepped forward to shove the student.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Not gonna lie that first guy spun like he got kicked in a kung fu movie. Kind of ****ed up but funny at the same time. Duke player isn't going to get in trouble for that though. No way. Even if it did have some bad intent.

I don't either, but don't whine and cry like a victim about it after the game.
ESPN just showed it and I didn't see him immediately "hobble" over in to the arms of some teammates. It looked fake as fvck.

Yeah, he's fine. I mean, Scheyer said it was a sprained ankle when it clearly wasn't that. Always the victim.
I agree. The more footage I've seen the more this shit has been blown way out of proportion. He tried to shove the student out of his way and in doing so stepped into their path. Knees knocked. Rub some dirt on it. He's alright.

Yeah, he's fine. I mean, Scheyer said it was a sprained ankle when it clearly wasn't that. Always the victim.
I guess we’ll see if he misses any time. If he doesn’t and it doesn’t seem to affect him then he was probably embellishing.

It's not a good look for Wake fans to be rushing the court after beating a so so Duke team. That is embarrassing. Duke's response is also a little embarrassing. If that injured Filipowski, then he is softer than charmin. I am not convinced that Filipowski didn't try to trip the fan, either. Really it was a failure on WF's security. Of course the guys on the Duke board take exception to any kind of logic. If you ask them, wake fans deliberately tried to injur our players and the guy who "pushed" Filipowski in the back is guilty of felony battery.

It's not a good look for Wake fans to be rushing the court after beating a so so Duke team. That is embarrassing. Duke's response is also a little embarrassing. If that injured Filipowski, then he is softer than charmin. I am not convinced that Filipowski didn't try to trip the fan, either. Really it was a failure on WF's security. Of course the guys on the Duke board take exception to any kind of logic. If you ask them, wake fans deliberately tried to injur our players and the guy who "pushed" Filipowski in the back is guilty of felony battery.

You got it.

Flip is being a little bitch and the fans even worse. Not surprising from a school that tried to make victims out of Gerald Henderson, Grayson Allen, JJ Reddick, etc. Its embarrassing.

All that being said, court storming has to stop and especially for beating a run of the mill ranked team in Feb.

Gonna probably miss as many games as ole trippy did for his "indefinite suspension"

ADVERTISEMENT