ADVERTISEMENT

UVa - Carolina

I disagree. You are seeing it from behind him where you can't tell for sure his hand hadn't released it. Unless they had a different angle. Regardless, it was a lucky shot anyway.
You can disagree, but the ball was still on his fingertips. It was a good shot though.

You can disagree, but the ball was still on his fingertips. It was a good shot though.

I don't think you could tell for sure from that angle. Again, they may have had a side angle though. Doesn't matter though. Plenty of chances after that and Virginia made the plays.

I am more optimistic after that game than before though. UNC probably wins with a healthy lineup and I didn't think we could.

I disagree. You are seeing it from behind him where you can't tell for sure his hand had released it. Unless they had a different angle. Regardless, it was a lucky shot anyway.
They showed multiple replays from different angles and the angle in one of those replays clearly showed that the ball was still in his hand when the shot clock was at 0

They showed multiple replays from different angles and the angle in one of those replays clearly showed that the ball was still in his hand when the shot clock was at 0

The only one I saw was from the back, but I wasn't watching it obsessively either. That is why I said there may have been another angle. Like I said, was a lucky shot anyway after what may have been a backcourt violation.

UNC should be wondering why they went in a fetal position the last 4 mins. White blew it!

Putting Hunter on White was genius move by Bennett. Clark was getting abused by White. He sat and we won. Cam and little injury obviously helped a lot too

Reactions: wrbchWolfPack81
UNC should be wondering why they went in a fetal position the last 4 mins. White blew it!

He pressed a bit late there. He also tried to drive though so at least wasn't just jacking it up. They were all pretty exhausted though because off all the injuries but Coby really seemed tired because you just can't trust Seventh right now to break him.

He pressed a bit late there. He also tried to drive though so at least wasn't just jacking it up. They were all pretty exhausted though because off all the injuries but Coby really seemed tired because you just can't trust Seventh right now to break him.
I think it was more on Kenny Williams letting Guy have his way with him the last 2 minutes than White. White is really good.

Cam Johnson is a good shooter, but he’s too soft. Just not enough weapons for the Heels. Maye is counted on to be a star, but he’s too slow to compete against good teams.

Reactions: ncjeff
I think it was more on Kenny Williams letting Guy have his way with him the last 2 minutes than White. White is really good.

Yes, Kenny had a bad last few minutes on the defensive end. I actually included that originally in that last statement but took it out because without really looking it is sometimes tough to tell where the breakdowns are. I think playing so many more minutes than usual against that offense wore them down for sure. Have to suck it up.

Cam Johnson is a good shooter, but he’s too soft. Just not enough weapons for the Heels. Maye is counted on to be a star, but he’s too slow to compete against good teams.

I don't think Cam is soft. He is just not quick and has suspect handles. He can surprise you and drive now and then but really just shooting is what we need from him.

Yes, what a great move by UVA. White folds when under pressure and UVA made him look silly the last 4 mins

He has excelled at times when under pressure this year. He, as a freshman, has struggled with pressure at times but not always.

But Roy has held him back so the only logical thing is for Little to break out against Duke to impress ESPN and all the media members who don't know who he is.

I thought White played well, then I looked at the stat sheet.. 6/19 isn't great. I still think he is a great player and will be OAD.

He was ok. You can't really blame him. Some of the other guys seemed pretty scared to shoot late so not sure what else he could do but gun it.

Reactions: ncjeff and tw3301
He was ok. You can't really blame him. Some of the other guys seemed pretty scared to shoot late so not sure what else he could do but gun it.
I watched the game and I agree with this. It seemed like White was the only player that wanted to shoot but when he would get the ball it was usually near the end of the shot clock and he was forced to just throw up a quick shot to beat the shot clock several times

Last edited:
I watched the game and I agree with this. It seemed like Little was the only player that wanted to shoot but when he would get the ball it was usually near the end of the shot clock and he was forced to just throw up a quick shot to beat the shot clock several times
I think you mean White.

Huff is earning more minutes but he's still really slow on the hedges. But our fanbase is pretty annoyed by his lack of playing time since he's instant offense, a good shot blocker, and a tough matchup for opposing defenses. He's still learning the packline so Bennett tends to favor guys like Salt and Diakite.

I'm not feeling that confident in a win. I think that's a really tough turnaround for our guys. I think we matchup better against UNC than we do against Duke though.

Good win. A little nervous when they were down 7, but they stayed composed and played big down the final stretch.

Reactions: jhmossy
ADVERTISEMENT