ADVERTISEMENT

UT Fan Upset Over Picture of Referee

Ah, I see.

So every time someone gets blown out by 34 points, is that coming back to haunt us too? Great, we're never going to live that down.
It's only fair. I've probably read "72-40" on this site close to 100 times in the last 5 years. What goes around comes around.

Reactions: kyjeff1
I'm trying to figure out who they are.
Bert
Cat Incognito

Those are two good posters, IMO, who strongly feel that either the NCAA or Higgins or somebody with power purposefully has done things in spite of Kentucky. They're outnumbered 99 to 1 compared to the rest of the CBB universe, but they've doubled down on their opinions more than once.

Bert
Cat Incognito

Those are two good posters, IMO, who strongly feel that either the NCAA or Higgins or somebody with power purposefully has done things in spite of Kentucky. They're outnumbered 99 to 1 compared to the rest of the CBB universe, but they've doubled down on their opinions more than once.
That's fair. I do feel like we get a lot of random UK fans in the game threads that complain a lot, but I couldn't remember them if they tagged me. I thought everyone knew Bert was crazy

Bert
Cat Incognito

This lkc guy too? He hinted at it earlier.

Bert
Cat Incognito

In other words, you guys are so eaten up with TWO whole UK fans that an entire thread was derailed? Got it.

Listen, I definitely give the worst Rafters people a hard time. And I really dislike a few of the most hate-filled ones.

But I also like a lot of the UK posters, I REALLY like Cal, I think UK is the best program in history, I am a fan of a TON of your players... and hell, I recently stuck up for a UK fan posting on a Duke forum when a bunch of Duke posters started in on him for being a UK fan.

I'm a big believer that we are all fans of the schools we are fans of by chance. If we were born somewhere else, or if we went to school somewhere else, we'd be a fan of a different school. And because of that, we should all be able to shoot the breeze about basketball.
I can't disagree with you on anything in that post, it's all very true.

Reactions: TheDude1
In other words, you guys are so eaten up with TWO whole UK fans that an entire thread was derailed? Got it.
I wouldn’t say we are eaten up by it. We just don’t have short memories. It’s kind of hard to forget when somebody goes that far overboard. Occasionally others chime in to agree with them or like their posts.

Surely you were aware that Kentucky has posters that feel that way, right? I mean when it’s kind of a running joke here and the other national boards that Kentucky has the most crazy fans there’s a little bit of truth to it.

Reactions: della
I wouldn’t say we are eaten up by it. We just don’t have short memories. It’s kind of hard to forget when somebody goes that far overboard. Occasionally others chime in to agree with them or like their posts.

Surely you were aware that Kentucky has posters that feel that way, right? I mean when it’s kind of a running joke here and the other national boards that Kentucky has the most crazy fans there’s a little bit of truth to it.

See, now THIS guy is ate up with Kentucky fans!

Reactions: schoonerwest

Yeah, we have so many "ref obsessed" fans that you named a whole two of them. And those two fans live in your (collective, not singling just you out) heads enough for a thread about UT complaining about refs to be entirely about UK. And somehow UK fans are the ones going overboard?

The cognitive dissonance. Laughing

Every fan base in every sport around the world in which officials participate in has fans that question said officiating. I don't understand why this is a constant topic on this board. In other news, water is wet.

Yeah, we have so many "ref obsessed" fans that you named a whole two of them. And those two fans live in your (collective, not singling just you out) heads enough for a thread about UT complaining about refs to be entirely about UK. And somehow UK fans are the ones going overboard?

The connotative dissonance. Laughing
I named two posters who I liked off the top of my head. Jimbo would’ve demanded they at least be solid regulars.

I can find more though. Give me some time on it. It might be awhile before I can accurately list the dozens of others that also seem to subscribe to the conspiracies. I’ll do it with proof too!

Kentucky just outshot Tennessee 33-18 at Rupp on February 16 LOL (and yes I know that 33 isn't exactly double 18 but it's damn close).

Show me the stats across all games, not two cherry-picked games.

That happens when you start sending the opponent to the FT with 2 minutes left.... we only had a plus 4 FT advantage late in the game. then it was march to the line a bunch to end the game.

That happens when you start sending the opponent to the FT with 2 minutes left.... we only had a plus 4 FT advantage late in the game.

I know that. But I'm sure the same thing has happened in UK games to make the disparity look worse for UK as well. Bert asked me to find a game in which UK shot double the FTs than a ranked opponent in Rupp. I had to go back all of 9 days.

I named two posters who I liked off the top of my head. Jimbo would’ve demanded they at least be solid regulars.

I can find more though. Give me some time on it. It might be awhile before I can accurately list the dozens of others that also seem to subscribe to the conspiracies. I’ll do it with proof too!
And I could go through posts of any fan base in America and find posts along the same line. You are explaining the mindset of subset of sports fans, not just a subset of UK fans. But sure, waste your time digging through post histories on a sports message board.

That happens when you start sending the opponent to the FT with 2 minutes left.... we only had a plus 4 FT advantage late in the game. then it was march to the line a bunch to end the game.
This is how you know if someone knows basketball or not. Simply pointing to a free throw discrepancy as if it proves referee inconsistency.

News flash for some of you guys, the more athletic and talented teams tend to draw more fouls than their opponents more often than not.

Reactions: RipThru
And I could go through posts of any fan base in America and find posts along the same line. You are explaining the mindset of subset of sports fans, not just a subset of UK fans. But sure, waste your time digging through post histories on a sports message board.
I’m not sure this is getting anywhere. I agree that all fanbases have crazies but in this particular case I was talking about people actually believing that refs and the NCAA are out to get them. Your fan base has so much more of that chatter than any other it’s easy to point it out. Like I said, when your fan base is mentioned on national boards across various sites as being the one with the most crazies then there’s a little bit of truth to it.

You should actually like the fact you have a whole subset of people like this. They’re the backbone of the BBN army. Without them your fan base is no different than North Carolina or Kansas, and lets face it, fans of those 2 schools are boring as fvck around here.

Reactions: kl40504
I'm sure you've looked at the disparity in FTs before the late free throws for all of the games you mention as well. I'm not saying that Kentucky wasn't better. You told me to find a game in which UK shot double the FTs than a ranked team in Rupp. I did.

You did not. Damn you just showed me the difference and it was not double. Holy shit.

I’m not sure this is getting anywhere. I agree that all fanbases have crazies but in this particular case I was talking about people actually believing that refs and the NCAA are out to get them. Your fan base has so much more of that chatter than any other it’s easy to point it out. Like I said, when your fan base is mentioned on national boards across various sites as being the one with the most crazies then there’s a little bit of truth to it.

You should actually like the fact you have a whole subset of people like this. They’re the backbone of the BBN army. Without them your fan base is no different than North Carolina or Kansas, and lets face it, fans of those 2 schools are boring as fvck around here.
Those fans aren't "boring as ****" around here. There are just less of them. There are plenty of fine UNC and KU posters.

He was challenged by a UK fan to find an example and did, yet you are going at him for it? Shouldn't you be coming at the UK fan that issued the challenge instead?

Interesting read.

SEC on LSU-UT official's social media post: 'Not acceptable' (Tennessean)

“Anthony Jordan, the official in this social media post, has communicated to us that while traveling in Spain five years ago he saw the t-shirt from an SEC team for sale in a store,” Vincent wrote. “He took a picture and posted that picture to be seen by friends via his social media account. He said it was his intent to make a light-hearted social media post about having seen the t-shirt in another country and not to express affinity for a particular school.

“We do not find this social media post to be acceptable with our expectations and will proceed accordingly, while also acknowledging Mr. Jordan has a lengthy track record as a fair and impartial basketball official.”

Maybe refs aren't to blame for UT's loses this year like some suggest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Interesting read.

SEC on LSU-UT official's social media post: 'Not acceptable' (Tennessean)

“Anthony Jordan, the official in this social media post, has communicated to us that while traveling in Spain five years ago he saw the t-shirt from an SEC team for sale in a store,” Vincent wrote. “He took a picture and posted that picture to be seen by friends via his social media account. He said it was his intent to make a light-hearted social media post about having seen the t-shirt in another country and not to express affinity for a particular school.

“We do not find this social media post to be acceptable with our expectations and will proceed accordingly, while also acknowledging Mr. Jordan has a lengthy track record as a fair and impartial basketball official.”

Maybe refs aren't to blame for UT's loses this year like some suggest.
Honestly, I think UT fan's have a right to be irked. Dude should obviously not be calling LSU games.

Every fan base in every sport around the world in which officials participate in has fans that question said officiating. I don't understand why this is a constant topic on this board. In other news, water is wet.

Well, we know why UNC fans discuss it. Becuase UK fans still discuss Higgins as if he was actually the reason you lose a couple of years ago. When you have guys, and it isn't just two, that are incapable of accepting defeat then when they talk about it UNC fans will probably talk back.

Sure, but I mentioned another game where that wasn't the case. Now, I have no issue with simply recognizing UK beat us that game. However...

This is how you know if someone knows basketball or not. Simply pointing to a free throw discrepancy as if it proves referee inconsistency.

News flash for some of you guys, the more athletic and talented teams tend to draw more fouls than their opponents more often than not.

It was the UK fan who started the FT discrepancy issue and asked for relevant examples.

You did not. Damn you just showed me the difference and it was not double. Holy shit.

My example was double.

Honestly, I think UT fan's have a right to be irked. Dude should obviously not be calling LSU games.

Yeah, when one guy blows his whistle more times than the other two officials combined and almost all of those times his call went against UT and he is an apparent fan of the other team they probably have a right to be perturbed. It wasn't the reason they lost but he really should not be doing LSU games.

I just went and looked and sure enough LSU has a winning record against UK when Anthony Jordan is calling the game.

LSU wins 66% of the time when he calls the game.
UK wins 77% of the time when he doesn't.

I just went and looked and sure enough LSU has a winning record against UK when Anthony Jordan is calling the game.

LSU wins 66% of the time when he calls the game.
UK wins 77% of the time when he doesn't.

I wonder what LSU's record is overall when he does them.

It was the UK fan who started the FT discrepancy issue and asked for relevant examples.
Then his basketball knowledge has been called into question. Depends on the game he referenced (I'm not sure) as to whether he had a point or not, but someone blindly pointing at freethrow stats of a game they (probably) didn't watch is a great way to prove that they don't know basketball all that well.
Yeah, when one guy blows his whistle more times than the other two officials combined and almost all of those times his call went against UT and he is an apparent fan of the other team they probably have a right to be perturbed. It wasn't the reason they lost but he really should not be doing LSU games.
It wasn't the only reason, but if his bias factored into a single call it could have changed things. If the SEC schedules him in any more LSU games, they are inviting criticism.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
UK outshot UNC 31-13 in FTs. December 13th, 2014. This was not a game where UNC was fouling late to gain more possessions either. Just a complete hose job to give the better UK team, who also played better and deserved to win, a BS win against North Carolina.
UNCLE

Of course that year no one could compete with UK for 38 games.

LOL I knew you would be a literal ****tard
You stated "I'm sure you've looked at the disparity in FTs before the late free throws for all of the games you mention as well. I'm not saying that Kentucky wasn't better. You told me to find a game in which UK shot double the FTs than a ranked team in Rupp. I did."

I repeat it again. You did not.

What part of that make me a literal ****tard?

Reactions: kl40504
He was challenged by a UK fan to find an example and did, yet you are going at him for it? Shouldn't you be coming at the UK fan that issued the challenge instead?
I was the UK fan and he did not find an example. He found one where UK got 13 or so more but not double. Sorry.

Coryfly did find an example where UK nearly got triple the free throws. I said UNCLE.

I was rewatching this weeks games and on of the color guys said that UK gets more free throws this year than any other SEC team because of them being post oriented. I am too lazy to check that out.

Mainly because Kentucky has more fans than any other school on this board and nationwide. If you have ten times more fans than any other school it is more likely you have more idiots.

I was the UK fan and he did not find an example. He found one where UK got 13 or so more but not double. Sorry.

Coryfly did find an example where UK nearly got triple the free throws. I said UNCLE.

I was rewatching this weeks games and on of the color guys said that UK gets more free throws this year than any other SEC team because of them being post oriented. I am too lazy to check that out.
Bert, all I did was point out to Havok that you challenged him to come up with evidence which is true, you did.

ADVERTISEMENT