ADVERTISEMENT

UT Fan Upset Over Picture of Referee

Wait... who cares where it comes from? If there are enough fans who truly believe that there is a giant ref conspiracy, who cares where it is posted? The fact that that many people truly believe there is a conspiracy (and that many of these people are well-regarded within their community) is the point and it's pretty amazing. It doesn't matter what internet forum they post on, or if the forum is aimed at one particular group of fans from a particular school or not. Don't be automatically defensive.

Shut your whore mouth.
Are we a little butt hurt?

See, it is this sort of crazy that my post, accurately, is meant to highlight. What kind of people actually believe this sort of conspiratorial backwoods nonsense?

A LOT of people believe the refs are part of a big conspiracy, along with the NCAA. It is often a conspiracy to promote Duke and Coach K, and a conspiracy to hurt UK and Cal. The UK folks literally had a whole thread about it:

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/the-deception-deceit-of-college-basketball-officials.285940/

Yes, I’ve never understood bringing things here from another board.

Uhh... these are the types who actually believe this sort of conspiratorial backwoods nonsense. I was literally answering your question for you. Do you really care which particular forum operated by Rivals they post on when seeing what types of people believe this sort of conspiratorial backwoods nonsense?

"backwood nonsense" seems to be the phrase of the day. RollLaugh

It's silly to assume all rivals boards are the same. Some are clearly labeled differently with teams fandom.

When was that?

When they had the chance.

Uhh... these are the types who actually believe this sort of conspiratorial backwoods nonsense. I was literally answering your question for you. Do you really care which particular forum operated by Rivals they post on when seeing what types of people believe this sort of conspiratorial backwoods nonsense?

I don't care about people who aren't here tbh. There are people here, on this board, who I was referencing. That was who it was intended for. I've always felt bringing stuff from one board to another makes no sense.

I don't care about people who aren't here tbh. There are people here, on this board, who I was referencing. That was who it was intended for. I've always felt bringing stuff from one board to another makes no sense.

Oh, I didn't see the qualifier. I was just showing a thread that I knew about that was exactly about this topic.

Oh, I didn't see the qualifier. I was just showing a thread that I knew about that was exactly about this topic.

Yeah, I was being rhetorical more than literal. There wasn't a qualifier and you can bring anything here you want. I just personally don't care for it. JMO.

Take away the late free throws and there was not a disparity. UT was down 24 and were trying to scrap back.

At the end of the first half UK had taken 4 free throws. Then UK ran out to a 20-point lead in four minutes and Tennessee had no choice but to foul to try to get more possessions. Sorry, but apparently you did not watch that game did you.

Late in the game UK made UT foul them. Take away the foul shots and UK still would have won 63-55. Without free throws Williams would have topped out at 7 points.

UK outshot UNC 31-13 in FTs. December 13th, 2014. This was not a game where UNC was fouling late to gain more possessions either. Just a complete hose job to give the better UK team, who also played better and deserved to win, a BS win against North Carolina.

Reactions: Sevro
Lol, my bad if he isn't. Thought so for some reason. Maybe he just trolls everyone.
He's Kentucky. If you notice some of his posts he'll throw the "we" in there when talking about their team.

He's actually grown on me. I enjoy his little one liner zingers. They're so corny yet short and to the point. I think he told Baracus last week that he needed help and needed to check into rehab. Makes he chuckle.

they can influence games in UKs favor as well.
tenor.gif

He's Kentucky. If you notice some of his posts he'll throw the "we" in there when talking about their team.

He's actually grown on me. I enjoy his little one liner zingers. They're so corny yet short and to the point. I think he told Baracus last week that he needed help and needed to check into rehab. Makes he chuckle.

Is he new? Like, his post count is higher than some newbie, but I don't remember him being part of any meaningful discussion?

Is he new? Like, his post count is higher than some newbie, but I don't remember him being part of any meaningful discussion?
He posts pretty often. Switched his handle back in October.

Define meaningful discussion. I feel like I rarely see you post in non-Duke related threads during the season. Not all non-Duke threads aren't meaningful. Lol

He posts pretty often. Switched his handle back in October.

Define meaningful discussion. I feel like I rarely see you post in non-Duke related threads during the season. Not all non-Duke threads aren't meaningful. Lol

Like, I recognize you and Borden and Kistek and Bert and Toonces and any number of posters. I don't recognize him. What was his old handle?

Like, I recognize you and Borden and Kistek and Bert and Toonces and any number of posters. I don't recognize him. What was his old handle?
@lkc1234

He's always around throwing quick jabs at fans of all schools. Never really involves himself with discussion though unless it's defending Kentucky in a Kentucky thread. You'd classify him as a troll.

Reactions: TheDude1
Why are you on Rafters so much? Don't you have a Duke board?
Yup, there's a Duke board and thedude1 is on it. I see him on there talking about Rafters all the time. I actually like the guy, but the Rafters obsession he has is kind of sad.

Reactions: kl40504
Yup, there's a Duke board and thedude1 is on it. I see him on there talking about Rafters all the time. I actually like the guy, but the Rafters obsession he has is kind of sad.
What's worse, talking about other teams or other teams fans? :D

Reactions: kyjeff1
Couple things:

1) John Calipari has pissed a lot of people off during his head coaching career. When he was at UMass and Memphis, he knew he needed to make a name for himself and he prided himself on getting under the skin of others. Just ask John Chaney, Jim Calhoun and Pitino. He even talked about it during his documentary. He pissed a lot of officials off too, so it's not a far fetched idea to think a few refs may have it out for him.

2) how in the hell did this turn into a UK blasting thread? The thread is about Tennessee getting cheated while playing LSU and right off the bat, starting at post #2, it turned into a UK bashing thread. WTF?

2) how in the hell did this turn into a UK blasting thread? The thread is about Tennessee getting cheated while playing LSU and right off the bat, starting at post #2, it turned into a UK bashing thread. WTF?

Because OP is a Kentucky fan.

Proud to be post #2 btw

Reactions: kelley2403
Come on man, tell the truth.

I went through the last 120 posts of mine on DI.

I posted about Matt Hurt, RJ Barrett, Zion getting hurt, Duke's bench, JWill, not trashing Luke Maye, Jim B killing that guy, Jack White and AOC, Obama being at the Duke/UNC game, the video game Coach K basketball, Grayson Allen's hot girlfriend, a posters health problems, the NDPOY award, Roy Williams being a genius, the Virginia LT Gov scandal, language on the forum, the Louisville comeback, respect while watching games, the Duke/UVa game, Coach K's coaching tree, Zion jumping, fantasy lineups, Duke players in the NBA, Zion's nickname, the Duke/St Johns game, giving away two free tickets I had to the Duke/UVa game at Duke, watching NCAA basketball in general, forum avatars, Zion Williamsons historical dominance, and so on.

I posted in exactly two threads about UK or UK fans.

One was in a thread that someone else started called "Kentucky's Obsession" or something like that, where I shared my own experiences with Kentucky, why I think Kentucky fans hate Duke, and certain Kentucky fans. @JimboBBN knows that thread... he posted there;)

One was to DEFEND a UK fan who a bunch of the Duke people jumped on just because he was a UK fan and dared point out a possible issue with this years Duke team...

Uh... this might not be a popular opinion, but I’m not sure we need to be so totally aggressive towards someone just because they are a UK fan.

Listen, I am wildly entertained by Rafters, and I will certainly discuss the strange ones over there because there isn't a more entertaining group of wackjobs on the Rivals forums, but let's not be silly and pretend anything other than that.

Reactions: JimboBBN
I went through the last 120 posts of mine on DI.

I posted about Matt Hurt, RJ Barrett, Zion getting hurt, Duke's bench, JWill, not trashing Luke Maye, Jim B killing that guy, Jack White and AOC, Obama being at the Duke/UNC game, the video game Coach K basketball, Grayson Allen's hot girlfriend, a posters health problems, the NDPOY award, Roy Williams being a genius, the Virginia LT Gov scandal, language on the forum, the Louisville comeback, respect while watching games, the Duke/UVa game, Coach K's coaching tree, Zion jumping, fantasy lineups, Duke players in the NBA, Zion's nickname, the Duke/St Johns game, giving away two free tickets I had to the Duke/UVa game at Duke, watching NCAA basketball in general, forum avatars, Zion Williamsons historical dominance, and so on.

I posted in exactly two threads about UK or UK fans.

One was in a thread that someone else started called "Kentucky's Obsession" or something like that, where I shared my own experiences with Kentucky and Kentucky fans. @JimboBBN knows that thread... he posted there;)

One was to DEFEND a UK fan who a bunch of the Duke people jumped on just because he was a UK fan:

Uh... this might not be a popular opinion, but I’m not sure we need to be so totally aggressive towards someone just because they are a UK fan.

Listen, I am wildly entertained by Rafters, and I will certainly discuss the strange ones over there because there isn't a more entertaining group of wackjobs on the Rivals forums, but let's not be silly and pretend anything other than that.

Wow, his post must have got to you.

Wow, his post must have got to you.

A lot of people confuse "I will prove that I am right because I like being right and making sure everyone knows it" with "RUSTLED!!!!11!!".

Lurker, I like being right, and I like making sure people know it. I'm WAY too self-assured (or egotistical, whichever) to be bothered by much here;)

A lot of people confuse "I will prove that I am right because I like being right and making sure everyone knows it" with "RUSTLED!!!!11!!".

Lurker, I like being right, and I like making sure people know it. I'm WAY too self-assured (or egotistical, whichever) to be bothered by much here;)
Your above post proves different. Winking

ADVERTISEMENT