ADVERTISEMENT

Updated photo of my man cave

I think 52 is plenty low enough though, right? IDK. Mine is unfinished but I have a TV and all sorts of bookshelves and dressers and stuff so I try to keep mine under 60. I should take a picture of that mess sometime, lol. Anyway, I could certainly be wrong but I always thought anything under 60 was ok.

I was still getting centipedes/spiders under 60. Bought a workhorse dehumidifier (returned the one that couldn’t get under 52%) and kept it around 50. Between ortho home defense and having the humidity around 50% I haven’t seen a bug in my basement for months. Don’t need to run it in the winter, though.

I think 52 is plenty low enough though, right? IDK. Mine is unfinished but I have a TV and all sorts of bookshelves and dressers and stuff so I try to keep mine under 60. I should take a picture of that mess sometime, lol. Anyway, I could certainly be wrong but I always thought anything under 60 was ok.

I was still getting centipedes/spiders under 60. Bought a workhorse dehumidifier (returned the one that couldn’t get under 52%) and kept it around 50. Between ortho home defense and having the humidity around 50% I haven’t seen a bug in my basement for months. Don’t need to run it in the winter, though.

Yeah, I only run mine in the summer simply for moisture. The bugs aren’t a big deal to me. Of course if it was finished I may feel differently. I did accidentally leave one on in the fall once on a real cold night and messed it up.

Surely the doing of the woman of the house. SmokinSmile

I don’t let anyone touch the room, except to vacuum. I keep it pretty neat… With the stuff that’s in it, it’s got to stay immaculate to really look its best..

Some good looking man caves here fellas. My basement is unfinished, going to keep it that way. We'll probably sell within the next decade so I dont see any reason to spend the money on the upgrades, I use half the basement as a workshop anyway, the other half is my weight room and music practice area. Our neighborhood is a bit out of the way so hosting on gameday is a bit rare so its not a priority to finish it out for gamedays anyway. Besides the living room is by the deck....beer fridge smoker and big screen surround make that the place to be.

Some good looking man caves here fellas. My basement is unfinished, going to keep it that way. We'll probably sell within the next decade so I dont see any reason to spend the money on the upgrades, I use half the basement as a workshop anyway, the other half is my weight room and music practice area. Our neighborhood is a bit out of the way so hosting on gameday is a bit rare so its not a priority to finish it out for gamedays anyway. Besides the living room is by the deck....beer fridge smoker and big screen surround make that the place to be.

Would find a way to finish it on the cheap before you sell. Is it roughed in at all?

Would find a way to finish it on the cheap before you sell. Is it roughed in at all?
It is. I considered at least putting in a half bath in the basement.

The issue is that my neighborhood is relatively new. Its our first house, Im in my early 30s. So the property values around here have a pretty decent disparity. Its a solid neighborhood, no doubt, but due to the sq footage, finishing out the basement probably puts the property value in a tier more commensurate with more established neighborhoods located closer to more amenities.

That being said there has been and will continue to be a lot of developing out here (Im out in the Masterson/Citation area for those who know Lexington) so by the time we decide to move things will likely be very different on this end of the city and make it more plausible to squeeze more out of the sale price.

Reactions: Da_Bull
Won't call it a "Man Cave" but i'm ready to get our first floor reno completed to get into messing with the theater room. Originally didn't think i'd keep it but i've grown found of it. Added one set of power reclining theater chairs and projector up so far. Fixing a crack in the basement wall this spring so going to redo and run wiring, lights, speakers, an actual screen, will cut down and widen the riser, and put a murphy door leading into it.

0MF7Bvo.jpg

FxaPICF.jpg

aCfp8FO.jpg

fgNLFml.jpg

EPSON 1060. Pretty decent midish range does 1080p has wifi, wasn't too worried about the lumens as its a basement room with no windows. Once the bulb goes out i might upgrade to a 4k if i end up getting a screen.

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
I would put the money into it. I flip properties on the side and there are always a lot of variables. But in a busy market, people are looking at a lot of homes. You want to differentiate yourself from your competitors. That means an interesting basement, top end kitchen, and greast master bath. In the last 2 years, we’ve sold 4 properties. All but one sold on the first day and the 4th took
3 weeks because we had to list in November around thanksgiving (all others were sold in Spring Market).

Reactions: CB3UK
I would put the money into it. I flip properties on the side and there are always a lot of variables. But in a busy market, people are looking at a lot of homes. You want to differentiate yourself from your competitors. That means an interesting basement, top end kitchen, and greast master bath. In the last 2 years, we’ve sold 4 properties. All but one sold on the first day and the 4th took
3 weeks because we had to list in November around thanksgiving (all others were sold in Spring Market).

This not only will you get more but will sell quicker. Even if it’s just finished nothing fancy. When we were looking an unfinished basement was immediately dismissed. I still laugh seeing prices for homes smaller than ours and unfinished. We almost stole ours considering the market at the time last year.

the%2Broom.JPG

Got a few more toys, so thought I would post a new photo.

I swear, when I die I am going to make them bury me down there, pharaoh style.

Ignore the hanging strap on the rifle on the left, gotta punch a few new holes in there to get it tight.

Btw, remember how I hate guns and everything? That will always make me laugh:)

Gay?

ADVERTISEMENT