ADVERTISEMENT

Unnamed Duke Basketball player accused of rape

They were destroying Michigan early in this game, but as I said that, Michigan goes on a 6-0 run.

Ah i probably would have picked Michigan if I even knew they were playing each other lol

From your own link:
"Information drawn from personal testimony"

It doesn't say that information has to be proven to be correct to be evidence.

it states "fact" just her word was not fact
evidence has to have "fact"

Whoever it is needs to be held accountable if true. Don’t care if it’s a Duke player, Democrat or the Pussy Grabber in Chief.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
Whoever it is needs to be held accountable if true. Don’t care if it’s a Duke player, Democrat or the Pussy Grabber in Chief.

At this point, there is no possible way to prove it is true.

Different story in Virginia though.

Damn dude, at least change the thread title. No one on their current team has raped anyone.
You mean accused of rape. This ex Duke player has not even been tried for raping anyone.

I’m not touching this until some actual facts come out. Allegations are just that, allegations. See Justise Kavanaugh and Duke lacrosse.

I get you’re trying to break some negative news regarding Duke, but perhaps it best to wait for more to come out regarding rape.

IF it happened, IF throw him in jail. But I won’t convict anyone of anything until proven fact.
Well....nobody for DUKE anyway. If he were a Jayhawk you’d have him tried and convicted by now while adding to the story.

Reactions: Todoubled23
Assertion: "He raped me"
Evidence: Her testimony of the incident.

This isn't that difficult guys.
That’s not really evidence though. I know it’s not PC to not automatically believe the victim (if it’s s woman anyway), but there’s been enough false claims that we should at least take a wait and see approach.

Reactions: Todoubled23
That’s not really evidence though. I know it’s not PC to not automatically believe the victim (if it’s s woman anyway), but there’s been enough false claims that we should at least take a wait and see approach.

This again? Evidence isn't proof. Testimony, true or not, is evidence.

Guys, testimony is a form of evidence. This is not debatable. It isn’t necessarily TRUE, but it IS evidence. Not sure how anyone is debating this, unless you don’t have an accurate definition of evidence.

Obviously we have to take a “wait and see” to a certain extent. Nobody had been named, there is nothing indicating there will be any action taken, and so forth. But as I mentioned earlier, the incidence of false claims is very low. If you use common sense that makes sense... how many sane people would really create such a story, putting themselves in the public eye and opening themselves up for all sorts of bad stuff? Not many, leaving you only some crazy people to make fake claims, and thankfully there aren’t that many crazy people in the world (ex girlfriends and mothers in law included.). When you add in the other elements of this woman’s story, in which there seems to be a LOT of contemporary evidence supporting her story regarding this politician... well, it doesn’t look good. Hate it for many reasons, and I dearly hope that nobody from my university is shown to have handled this badly.

Btw, have to point out... the woman didn’t bring this up; the Lt Governor did. Her lawyer eventually confirmed it.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm a little surprised at people not understanding what evidence is, even considering the people.

Reactions: sgrooms
Just learned that there is a bunch of evidence supporting Kava-keg.

(His testimony)
Lots of evidence supporting Big Foot, Alien Abduction, and The LOCHNESS MONSTER as well.

Sure, testimony TECHNICALLY is evidence, but it doesn’t mean shit. If you don’t have anything else, everybody is gonna say “but where’s the evidence?”. You need something solid to back it up, because the world is full of sick people who make shit up.

Lots of evidence supporting Big Foot, Alien Abduction, and The LOCHNESS MONSTER as well.

Sure, testimony TECHNICALLY is evidence, but it doesn’t mean shit. If you don’t have anything else, everybody is gonna say “but where’s the evidence?”. You need something solid to back it up, because the world is full of sick people who make shit up.
If you are admitting that testimony is technically evidence. Then why are you arguing the fact that it is a form of evidence?

Reactions: sgrooms
Maybe I'm in the minority of not having daughters, but I couldn't care less if a Duke got laid. I know that sounds like i condone rape and i don't. but Duke players are being Duke boys.

Maybe I'm in the minority of not having daughters, but I couldn't care less if a Duke got laid. I know that sounds like i condone rape and i don't. but Duke players are being Duke boys.
200.gif

Maggette is now being named.

I mean, unless something comes out about some sort of coverup this is just a Maggette issue. I know the optics suck and the worse thing, if true, is what she has had to deal with all these years. From a Duke perspective, I don't think it will be a reflection on them though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT