ADVERTISEMENT

Underrated teams you’ve watched so far.

Michigan looks like a top 10 or better team.

Jace is still finding it necessary to call people homers for thinking 43rd was underrated.

You can’t make this shit up

If they're not top top 5 this week I'm gonna be annoyed. They earned it and the voters and more importantly @dukedevilz owe Michigan an apology for overlooking them not once, but two consecutive years in a row.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
The people doing the voting probably can't name over 3 players on half the T25 they voted for, if not more.

Zavier Simpson (starter) Isaiah Livers(starter) and Jon Teske (7th man) all played in the National Championship game two years ago. They shouldn’t be eligible to vote in rankings if they haven’t heard those names.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
If they're not top top 5 this week I'm gonna be annoyed. They earned it and the voters and more importantly @dukedevilz owe Michigan an apology for overlooking them not once, but two consecutive years in a row.

My man.

Actually it has been 3. In 2017/18 Michigan was preseason #36 and ended up a 33-8 and made the national championship game.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Zavier Simpson (starter) Isaiah Livers(starter) and Jon Teske (7th man) all played in the National Championship game two years ago. They shouldn’t be eligible to vote in rankings if they haven’t heard those names.

yea, and the excuse that Michigan got slighted because of a coaching change is ridiculous and anyone who used that shouldn't be allowed to vote anymore. Anyone who's followed college basketball knows that a great PG trumps coaching. You can have the worst coach in the world, but if you have a great leader at PG you're still going to be good.

Just look at Tark and Greg Anthony. Only time Tark got anywhere close to a national championship is when he finally had a great PG. And when Anthony fouled out with 10 minutes left vs Duke in the national semi final everyone watching knew it was over.

Zavier Simpson is a known commodity. Everyone already knew that Simpson is easily one of the top 5 floor generals in the country. There was no way Michigan was going to slide with a guy like that running the point, not too mention the returning players and all the new talent they added.

Orange DeJulius looks pretty friggen good too as a back up PG. Allows SImpson to be even more aggressive defensively knowing he has a very capable backup.

lol right. But to be fair, I had them 30th in my preseason poll. Still undervalued, but much higher than most everyone else if I'm not mistaken.

You had them 30th? So 43rd was underrated to you... you are by default a massive Michigan homer. Welcome aboard.

And four weeks into the season, the AP only had Michigan at #33. I figured Simpson/Teske would both merit all-conference awards. Wasn't sure how good Brooks/Wagner would be, but they certainly have a very solid looking team.

Michigan returned three starters from back to back 30 win seasons and yet started the season ranked 43rd. That was way too low.

Regarding a “major learning curve”:

1. Michigan returned 3 upper classmen starters, including a 4th year point guard. That helps in a transition year.

2. Juwan Howard retained Saddi Washington, who is a coach from Beilein’s staff that Beilein vouched for as a head coach candidate.

3. Juwan Howard brought in Phil Martelli as an assistant head coach, recognizing that Martelli’s 23 years of head coaching experience would be helpful.
Lol for the life of me, I'll never understand why my opinion here gets you so rustled? I've said that I thought they had the talent to be ranked higher preseason. But, its being extremely homerish to not even acknowledge that its remotely understandable why people would have questions about them.

Besides, you're acting like they were ranked sub 100 preseason. If you're getting your panties in such a bunch over being ranked 42....exactly how high do you feel a team should be ranked in the preseason that loses 2 starters and doesn't bring in any sure fire lottery pick to take their place....while also losing a phenomenal coach and replacing him with someone who had exactly as much head coaching experience as I did?

You had them 30th? So 43rd was underrated to you... you are by default a massive Michigan homer. Welcome aboard.
Lmao....so you're fine with them being ranked 30th, but 42 is beyond absurd? Lol if this was any other team in America you'd be making fun of the person throwing a fit like you are.

Lmao....so you're fine with them being ranked 30th, but 42 is beyond absurd? Lol if this was any other team in America you'd be making fun of the person throwing a fit like you are.

I thought they should’ve been about 25-30 preseason. What’s so homerish about that?

Now WVU is definitely one of the most underrated. 7-0 #2 RPI and still not ranked. I dont mind it though because it's a long season and this will just motivate the team more.

There is a good chance for WVU to stay undefeated for awhile.
You have to take account that you haven't played a single team from last year's NCAA tournament. Toughest game was against a NIT semifinalist.
Might not play a NCAA Tournament team until Ohio State.

Both you and Oklahoma State are being undervalued.
Still think Oklahoma State will be a better team this year. Their seniors have been through a lot the last 3 years.

There is a good chance for WVU to stay undefeated for awhile.
You have to take account that you haven't played a single team from last year's NCAA tournament. Toughest game was against a NIT semifinalist.
Might not play a NCAA Tournament team until Ohio State.

Both you and Oklahoma State are being undervalued.
Still think Oklahoma State will be a better team this year. Their seniors have been through a lot the last 3 years.

Northern Iowa should be a tournament team and possibly Wichita State.

With our SOS already at 6 that will only climb with us still having to play Ohio State and the Big 12.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT