ADVERTISEMENT

Underrated teams you’ve watched so far.

UL_1986

Sep 13, 2018
Ohio State and Oregon are my two picks as of right now.

tOSU is crushing Nova right now, and during a secret scrimmage they had their way with us. I think this is a team flying way under the radar.

Oregon looks solid as well.

tOSU is crushing Nova right now, and during a secret scrimmage they had their way with us. I think this is a team flying way under the radar.

According to the AP voters, Michigan.

Reactions: 8th Man
According to the AP voters, Michigan.
Still haven’t had a chance to watch you guys yet this season. I’m going to be in town for a couple weeks during thanksgiving, so I’m going to the game on 12/3. Looking forward to it, should be a good one.

Still haven’t had a chance to watch you guys yet this season. I’m going to be in town for a couple weeks during thanksgiving, so I’m going to the game on 12/3. Looking forward to it, should be a good one.

We’ll probably lose. We are starting a guy for now in Nunez that has no business being in the rotation.

Reactions: RichardMassive
Ya never know..this season looks to be an interesting one. What’s Nunez story?

A shooting guard who can shoot and not do anything else. He is a place holder in the starting lineup until Franz Wagner (Moe Wagner’s younger brother) is back. He might be back for that game but I’m not sure.

Reactions: UL_1986
Evansville :)
giphy.gif

Don't be a Homer here and just pick the team you're rooting for!

Personally, I think IU has really looked underrated, so far.

The AP has been underrating Michigan preseason every year. There are 44 teams receiving votes and none are for Michigan. I think that’s underrated.

A lot of teams are underrated

Underrated for what?

Final 4 run
Sweet 16
Losing team from last year that will make the tournament

Final 4 run- No one yet. Too early in the season. Haven't watched many teams

Sweet 16
Xavier- Texas played them in the NIT last year and they gave us our toughest game. Much better this year. They do the right thing still at the end of the game.

Tournament
Oklahoma State-
Been on them all off season. Why stop know.
I would take Lindy Waters on my team.

Reactions: LC Gamecock624
Teams that are 10+ places better than their preseason ranking in the AP Poll. Preseason ranking is in parenthesis - and I'm including receiving votes.

Florida State (30th)
Texas (no receiving vote)
Oklahoma (no receiving votes)
DePaul (no receiving votes)
San Diego State (no receiving votes)

4 teams that I think may have been undervalued, but I haven't seen yet play are Arizona, USC, Western Kentucky, and New Mexico.

A lot of teams are underrated

Underrated for what?

Final 4 run
Sweet 16
Losing team from last year that will make the tournament

Final 4 run- No one yet. Too early in the season. Haven't watched many teams

Sweet 16
Xavier- Texas played them in the NIT last year and they gave us our toughest game. Much better this year. They do the right thing still at the end of the game.

Tournament
Oklahoma State-
Been on them all off season. Why stop know.
I would take Lindy Waters on my team.
Mainly meant teams that you’ve personally watched this year that look really good, yet their ranking doesn’t coincide with their play.

Maybe OSU to some nationally but most predicted them in the top 3 of the B1G. With that said they could still be underrated which is scary.

Reactions: UL_1986
Mainly meant teams that you’ve personally watched this year that look really good, yet their ranking doesn’t coincide with their play.

I don't think any ranking is correct but I don't get caught up this early

I wasn't big on Memphis.

They never learned how to win last year and they are even younger this year.
Oregon beating them isn't as impressive as some think because Memphis was vastly overrated.

Arizona is another.

They went to the NIT and lost to Robert Morris with a slew of 5* recruits. The “we didn’t care” narrative is laughable.

UK fans talking about t-shirts is also laughable. Lots of kids in Sudan sporting blue 40-0 shirts, lol!

Kroger stores in Louisville and Jeffersonville sold Final Four NIT shirts when U6 was there.

Kroger stores in Louisville and Jeffersonville sold Final Four NIT shirts when U6 was there.
So a grocery store was distributing t shirts for profit from a local team..

Talk about who cares. Lol

So a grocery store was distributing t shirts for profit from a local team..

Talk about who cares. Lol

NIT shirts. Had UK won the NIT, I doubt there would be shirts made about it. It's not a proud achievement....hasn't been for decades.

NIT shirts. Had UK won the NIT, I doubt there would be shirts made about it. It's not a proud achievement....hasn't been for decades.
Right, because you guys “didn’t care” lol. Gmafb. :rolleyes:

Western Kentucky in about 08 when you were ranked 2 or3? Does that ring a bell? Point is, shit like this happens. Every program has had them. It sucks but it is what it is.
We play WKU this year, i haven’t had a chance to watch them, but they’re apparently supposed to be decent.

Reactions: RipThru
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT