ADVERTISEMENT

UK vs KU Game Thread

^^^^ agreed.

Tom hanks is a beast, and forrest gump is a good movie……..but not in the same class as shawshank redemption imo
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Lots of dude on this board enjoy man on man more than I would have guessed.

Dude, the movie isn't about "man on man."

It is a touching story about a man behind bars, a sad, lonely man who forms a warm, close relationship with a guy he meets, a man that he is unsure about at first but who, over the years, becomes so very close with him, close enough that, after prison, they want to spend the rest of their life on a beach togeth...

.... aw shit.

Any of y'all ever get the chance to tour the reformatory? It’s in Ohio. I toured it last summer. It’s awesome.

There is an attic over part of the prison that gets incredibly hot. It was supposed to be a storage room. It’s about 100' long x 50' wide. The state decided to send 150 hard time prisoners to this reformatory, even though the warden said they weren't that type of prison and they didn't have the room.

They had to put all those dudes in that attic. If you saw this room, you'd say 'awe hell no'.

^^^^ agreed.

Tom hanks is a beast, and forrest gump is a good movie……..but not in the same class as shawshank redemption imo
I could watch both over and over----But I could watch Shawshank all fukin day...One of the best movies ever...

Forrest Gump was really well written, with a great story, plot and little tid-bits. Cool as ****, TBH.

I know this thread is 90% about UK but glad to see KU bounce back tonight. Seems receiving an ass kicking like that usually leads to a bit of a spiraling play for a few weeks. KU bounces back with Ochai out to win on the road.
Impressive win really...ISU is ranked---not sure they should be, but they are. Good team nonetheless, and a very hard place to win.

Solid win w/o your top dog.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
I know this thread is 90% about UK but glad to see KU bounce back tonight. Seems receiving an ass kicking like that usually leads to a bit of a spiraling play for a few weeks. KU bounces back with Ochai out to win on the road.

Yeah i don’t think kansas is as bad as they looked or kentucky as good. one team played really well and one team didn’t. kansas honestly looked disinterested at times saturday. they looked sluggish. don’t know what the deal was

Yeah i don’t think kansas is as bad as they looked or kentucky as good. one team played really well and one team didn’t. kansas honestly looked disinterested at times saturday. they looked sluggish. don’t know what the deal was

UK is a terrible matchup for KU. Just enough length and physicality to cause KU to be spooked. Add on the talent UK has with that length/athleticism and playing well and you get the blowout.

UK will look like that if you don't physically take them out of their offense. It starts with taking Oscar and Tyty out, then keeping Wheeler out of the paint.

If you allow those players to get to their spots, you aren't going to win and it might be a blowout. The rebounding is the biggest contributer.

Then, if Grady and/or Brooks gets going, well, good night.

KU is definitely better than they showed. They never got into their true offense and will probably be a much better team after that UK game.

It takes getting slapped to figure things out sometimes. Notre Dame did us that favor.

Yeah... Shawshank, the Green Mile, Stand By Me... King has a number of books that went on to be movies that aren't traditional horror movies.

They even did a TV show called Castle Rock (I think it was on Hulu?) that took place at Shawshank, and firmly in the King universe. It was actually sort of cool, as a King fan.
I've been waiting on the Long Walk to become a movie. King penned it as Richard Bachman. A company has had it tied up for years. But there's rumors. Super intense. King is so good with character building and this one is really good.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Impressive win really...ISU is ranked---not sure they should be, but they are. Good team nonetheless, and a very hard place to win.

Solid win w/o your top dog.
ISU is the classic example of a team that gained momentum playing a bunch of bad teams and entered conference play with confidence sky high. Because their confidence was so well, they were playing beyond their abilities for a while and beat TT and took KU to the wire in AFH. But ultimately they lost a few here and there and their confidence levels have come back down and now they’re playing at a level more comparable to their talent level. You wouldn’t have wanted to play them a month ago, but they are very beatable now.

They still play frustrating pressure defense that makes it difficult to score and causes your team to turn it over, but their lack of offensive talent is glaringly obvious. Because of their defense, they can beat you if they come out and shoot well… and they were doing precisely that when they were playing with confidence. A confident team always shoots better. But now those shots aren’t falling.

Watched Forrest Gump the other night since it had been years, and I stand by my stance. Has its moments but overall it doesn't do much for me. I don't see it as the kind of flick that should have cleaned up awards. Hanks might actually be the weakest link to me.

Shawshank, on the other hand, is probably among the best movies ever made.

ADVERTISEMENT