ADVERTISEMENT

UK vs KU Game Thread

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
Not looking forward to this at all. I am because I'm a fan, but not because I'm a fan. Probably doesn't make sense.

It's so hard to win there. They have a great team. Great staff. Everything in line.

Cats by 90.

I think UK should immediately start testing 5 times a day for Covid. Or just scrimmage every day so we have everyone injured.

Reactions: WojoRising
UK actually matches up well with Kansas. It will be a close game. We 100% don't have an answer for Oscar. Dmac morphs in and out of being a solid 5 man---but he has been MIA for 85% of the games. If Braun and Ochai are cold from deep, it will be a rare loss in AFH. UK's length will bother us.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I'll reluctantly pull for the blue team in this one.

Reactions: jamo0001
I can't wait. Would suck if tyty couldn't play. I want to know how KU actually stacks up with UK. The win will be nice but we still won't know with out tyty. I will be interested to see how UK deals with the 3 headed beast that is Ochai, Braun and Jalen wilson. KU has the advantage at 2-4 but obviously UK does at the 1 and 5 positions.

Not looking forward to this at all. I am because I'm a fan, but not because I'm a fan. Probably doesn't make sense.

It's so hard to win there. They have a great team. Great staff. Everything in line.

Cats by 90.
We've been playing in a lot of close games though. Statistically speaking, we have to lose one of them eventually where things don't go right.

And beyond that, I think KU is gassed. You could see it late in the 2nd half of the TT game. Shots were falling short, even FTs were falling short. They'd been in too many high intensity games and expended too much effort. Though they should have several days to rest, but Self tends to put his players right back in the grind when he should rest them.

Ultimately I think both teams come out hype and playing with a lot of effort, but I think KU is bound for an off game. Outside of Ochai, our other shooters have been in a slump lately. If that continues and Ochai has an off night, Kentucky will win. If Braun and Wilson are hitting their shots though, KU will win. I haven't watched you guys much this year, but defensively you've always been good at forcing us into shooting jump shots and taking away the lanes to drive, and our success against you has depended on whether we're hitting our jump shots. Tshiebwe may not be the typical 6'11" guy with long arms that protects the basket like UK usually has, but you still have a lot of length all over the court other than your midget PG. We struggle with length and our buttholes tend to pucker up when forced into shooting jump shots.

UK actually matches up well with Kansas. It will be a close game. We 100% don't have an answer for Oscar. Dmac morphs in and out of being a solid 5 man---but he has been MIA for 85% of the games. If Braun and Ochai are cold from deep, it will be a rare loss in AFH. UK's length will bother us.

Kentucky really ain't long and athletic this year. One of the reasons they struggle on defense. Wheeler is a midget. Grady is a small wing. Brooks is but has the basketball IQ of a potato.

Kentucky really ain't long and athletic this year. One of the reasons they struggle on defense. Wheeler is a midget. Grady is a small wing. Brooks is but has the basketball IQ of a potato.
I don't think we're great defensively either but we are the 25th ranked defense in the country statistically while Kansas sits at 49th. UK ranks 4th offensively and Kansas 3rd, so if UK is fully healthy this should be a fun game.
Neutral court and fully healthy I think Kentucky wins but at the Fog versus Kansas and the refs.........6-8 point loss unfortunately.

Oscar said on the post game yes, Cal said until he hears from the trainers, no. Cal was tweeked over the ankle tweeks lol

So there you go lol

Kentucky is a poor matchup for KU because KU can go through periods of the game struggling to clear the defensive glass and they struggle defending the PnR. UK could have a field day if they run the 2-man game of Wheeler/Tshiebwe. Tshiebwe should get a good amount of put backs off Wheeler drives because KU bigs collapsing on him. KU guards will have to stay in front of Wheeler and make him score over them to have any chance at keeping Tshiebwe from getting 20 rebounds again.

On the other end UK is going to have to contend with KU’s weave and getting their guards/wings going down hill. I think KU has advantage getting into the paint from the 2-4 spots to put pressure on the UK defense. Be interesting to see the Remy Martin that shows up if he’s closer to the guy who looked good against Tech or if he’s still the Remy we’ve seen the last month with the knee injury.

I expect this to be a fairly high scoring game with neither teams defense being the usual dominate selves.

UK is 7-5 all time at Allen Field House, that's with losing the last 4 there. One of those 4 losses was the 150-96 beat down. UK's all time worst defeat.

Self is 2-0 against UK there. 1 win against Tubby (first game I watched in HD), and the OT game against Calipari in the SEC/12 Challenge in '16.

Untitled.png

UK is 7-5 all time at Allen Field House, that's with losing the last 4 there. One of those 4 losses was the 150-96 beat down. UK's all time worst defeat.

Self is 2-0 against UK there. 1 win against Tubby (first game I watched in HD), and the OT game against Calipari in the SEC/12 Challenge in '16.

Untitled.png

Without question this is the most evenly matched game between the 2 teams since 2017 season. In the 3 games since then I felt confident KU would win the 2 games they won and lose the 1 game they lost. Really have no idea which way to predict this game.

Stop berating potatoes like that, please.

No. He'll get his, he's too good. Between 2 of their bigs, going on 10 yrs of college experience at Knasas lol. Too bad Perry Ellis used up his 30 years of eligibility.

What's the over and under game time for Wheeler to get clocked at half court?

OU on how may turned ankles?
Perry Ellis is the Wayne Turner of KU basketball. He has an assist in three straight title games. 1988, 2008 and 2012. It's truly an amazing feat.

Untitled.png
It was 150-95. Don't try to pad the stats.

I predict TyTy will be out and Shaedon Sharpe makes his season debut with 67 points including the game-winner.

• Love
Reactions: cdbearde
Let's just say there's no injuries or foul trouble. Straight up.

I like how our players responded after the AU game. They seem really tired of just showing up.
KU players will be playing at home with all the fans.

They'll show up against all y'all. I like our chances.

*Sharpe doesn't play in this at all. I'm not expecting him the rest of the year and back next year even better. Diallo 2.0

ADVERTISEMENT