ADVERTISEMENT

UCLA vs Gonzaga.

Gonzaga could lose to them I suppose but it will take a very good game from UCLA and pretty poor game from the Zags

Reactions: IUfanBorden
So it's official? Good bet?

Not a coin flip?

Line is way too high.
People are eating up the false narratives around Gonzaga.

I am going to give Gonzaga credit here vs USC...
Like I said from the beginning of that game. I had no idea what the hell Andy Enfield was trying to do. Guy was abused as a coach.

They looked very good. But turnovers and bad coaching helped.

Line is way too high.
People are eating up the false narratives around Gonzaga.

I am going to give Gonzaga credit here vs USC...
Like I said from the beginning of that game. I had no idea what the hell Andy Enfield was trying to do. Guy was abused as a coach.

They looked very good. But turnovers and bad coaching helped.

Gonzaga can defend them every bit as well as Michigan. The difference is that Gonzaga will score relatively easily.

Doubt that it's under 15.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Gonzaga can defend them every bit as well as Michigan. The difference is that Gonzaga will score relatively easily.

Doubt that it's under 15.

Disagree here.
I have never seen Michigan give up easy points. Even in offensive sets
Have seen Gonzaga numerous times. They still were against USC.

The issue with USC was turnovers...

Maybe UCLA is careless with the ball as well.

Take off those points off turnovers USC only loses by about 10-15...

Right now UCLA is a more efficient Offense than USC.

Gonzaga beat SC by 19 with them being extremely careless with the ball.
Hard for me to see UCLA doing the same thing. Take off 2 live ball turnovers.

Disagree here.
I have never seen Michigan give up easy points. Even in offensive sets
Have seen Gonzaga numerous times. They still were against USC.

The issue with USC was turnovers...

Maybe UCLA is careless with the ball as well.

Take off those points off turnovers USC only loses by about 10-15...

Right now UCLA is a more efficient Offense than USC.

Gonzaga beat SC by 19 with them being extremely careless with the ball.
Hard for me to see UCLA doing the same thing. Take off 2 live ball turnovers.

USC only had 10 TOs. It seemed worse because they piled some up early.

They couldn't even run their offense and get a quality look until they were down 20.

UCLA's best chance to cover is probably for Gonzaga to get a huge early lead again and coast.

I could have named a boatload more, including Marques Johnson, Walt Hazzard, Gail Goodrich, Curtis Rowe, Baron Davis, etc. In fact, Houston has one of the most imposing arrays of past players as any school--Elvin Hayes, Don Chaney, Hakeem Olajuwan, Otis Bidsong, and Clyde Drexler--but that won't help them against Baylor.

Not to mention Luscious Allen, Mike Warren, David Meyers, Richard Washington, Darren Daye, Rocket Rod Foster, Steve Patterson, Tommy Curtis, Henry Bibby, Larry Farmer, Jamal Wilkes, Greg Lee, Sven Nater...shall I continue.

Howland should be tar and feathered for not winning a NC with the talent his teams had. Fvcking Westbrook coming off the bench? Let the damn stallions run!!!🤬

UCLA actually played Memphis a few years earlier.
I believe Memphis was the #1 seed that year. UCLA lucked into a win against Gonzaga when UCLA was obviously not the better team in the Sweet 16.
Were able to shut down a decent Memphis team that lacked an elite player.

A lot of that Memphis team was there 2 years later plus they had D Rose.

That team you are talking about couldn't compete.
Westbrook was actually the only UCLA player that really stood out if I remember correctly

But Memphis was able to use their athleticism and D Rose to outclass UCLA.

That NC Kansas won was against a better team. But Memphis couldn't do the important things that separates winners from losers.

I don't see how someone could blame Howland for not letting his players play....

You can blame Howland for just the overall style he wanted to play.

Cronin could have this same issue but as of right now he is mixing that up with guys who can score....
He cannot go away from players like Juzang, Jaquez and Bernard.

Let the Stallions run Ben, let’em run!
Ben was too conservative for the talent he had. Westbrook, Collison, Shipp, Mubah...etc...

I think I said it earlier. To me the player that sticks out more than any player during that time was Luc Mbah a Moute.

Perfect fit. Could guard every inch of the floor and guard pretty much anyone on the court.

Just what type of team Howland wanted to be.

We will see with Cronin. Hopefully he learns his mistakes where Howland went wrong...

Not to mention Luscious Allen, Mike Warren, David Meyers, Richard Washington, Darren Daye, Rocket Rod Foster, Steve Patterson, Tommy Curtis, Henry Bibby, Larry Farmer, Jamal Wilkes, Greg Lee, Sven Nater...shall I continue.

Howland should be tar and feathered for not winning a NC with the talent his teams had. Fvcking Westbrook coming off the bench? Let the damn stallions run!!!🤬
Yeah, keep going until you get to Lynn Shackleford, Mike Lynn, Andre McCarter, John Vallely, Tommy Curtis, Larry Hollyfield and Wilbert Olinde...and then keep going after that.

Yeah, keep going until you get to Lynn Shackleford, Mike Lynn, Andre McCarter, John Vallely, Tommy Curtis, Larry Hollyfield and Wilbert Olinde...and then keep going after that.

Awesome. Valley made 2-3 all NCAA tournament teams. Tommy Curtis from Florida. Andre McCarter. I think one of Wooden’s championship teams with Kareem had 4 of the 5 all-tournament starters on it. Domination

Reactions: UTPeschel
UCLA's chance is to drag Gonzaga into the pace UCLA is comfortable with. You cant beat Gonzaga by playing at their own game, but you may have a good chance if Gonzaga aint able to play at the way they want to play.

UCLA's chance is to drag Gonzaga into the pace UCLA is comfortable with. You cant beat Gonzaga by playing at their own game, but you may have a good chance if Gonzaga aint able to play at the way they want to play.

That's fine, but extremely hard to do for 40 minutes. UCLA takes small leads and then usually let's up for a minute or two. The problem with doing that against Gonzaga is they can score 10+ points in that span (and more like 15+). Over the course of the game, UCLA can match up with Gonzaga for 36 minutes today and still lose by 25.

UCLA actually played Memphis a few years earlier.
I believe Memphis was the #1 seed that year. UCLA lucked into a win against Gonzaga when UCLA was obviously not the better team in the Sweet 16.
Were able to shut down a decent Memphis team that lacked an elite player.

A lot of that Memphis team was there 2 years later plus they had D Rose.

That team you are talking about couldn't compete.
Westbrook was actually the only UCLA player that really stood out if I remember correctly

But Memphis was able to use their athleticism and D Rose to outclass UCLA.

That NC Kansas won was against a better team. But Memphis couldn't do the important things that separates winners from losers.

I don't see how someone could blame Howland for not letting his players play....

You can blame Howland for just the overall style he wanted to play.

Cronin could have this same issue but as of right now he is mixing that up with guys who can score....
He cannot go away from players like Juzang, Jaquez and Bernard.

Better team my ass.

The better team took over and dominated the OT.

I change my mind. Someone kick Jalen Suggs in the f***ing testicles so that people saying he has "ice in his veins" would be grossly inaccurate in that exact moment, particularly around his groin region......

With a steel toe boot, also for good measure.

This is such a great game, went to OT, a game tying 2 with a few secs left and then a buzzer beater 3.

Hate that they lost on a long runner at the end. UCLA deserves better. Hindsight says should have guarded the players on the OOB pass. But then you could have a Zag break free for an easy one. The Bruins didn’t read the Zags press clippings. Great effort and never quit.

So happy the Zags won. To some fans, it avenges an improbable UCLA comeback against the Zags in the tournament earlier in the millennium where the takeaway visual was a spent and crumpled Adam Morrison on the floor.

I can see tomorrow's game going in a number of ways, but last night's game was for the ages.

Reactions: duckboy33
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT