ADVERTISEMENT

TV/video games/movies off season thread

No problem. Just finished S2 yesterday. Thought the games were excellent. Finale was a little convoluted but I was okay with the resolution. Will be interesting if there’s a S3 or not.
I'm currently at S01E03.

It's awesome getting a new show recommended that's already two seasons deep.

I understand why folks like this better than squid games. Still early for me, but no doubt, I'll watch every episode.

Kind of on point, I hope they have new episodes of Black Mirror soon.

Great show. Figured I was over zombies after dumping The Walking Dead when the Asian dude got his skull caved in. A tiger showed up and the TWD got stale around then imo.

Great show. Figured I was over zombies after dumping The Walking Dead when the Asian dude got his skull caved in. A tiger showed up and the TWD got stale around then imo.

I stopped watching TWD around the same time. What's crazy is Negan was supposed to be the best villain from the comics but the show went way downhill when he showed up. It got boring when the zombies became meaningless and it was just human conflict.

Reactions: 829305

I have no respect for anyone who actually finishes TWD. I made it to like Season 7 or 8 and I starting losing respect for myself for continuing to watch that trash.

I have no respect for anyone who actually finishes TWD. I made it to like Season 7 or 8 and I starting losing respect for myself for continuing to watch that trash.
Shocked anyone made it that far. I think I quit in season 5.

Last of Us is very good so far. Got a pretty good LOL when I saw what actor is in the next episode.

Reactions: jhmossy
I stopped watching TWD around the same time. What's crazy is Negan was supposed to be the best villain from the comics but the show went way downhill when he showed up. It got boring when the zombies became meaningless and it was just human conflict.
Love the actor, but the character was corny af. My favorite part was when they hit the road early on and were trying to find a cure, etc. It eventually became a rinse, repeat format and that was it for me.

Likewise. I'm not a ****ing loser. Didn't think you were either, but now we know for sure.

Reactions: jhmossy
Its been basically the game, in some cases EXACT dialog, along with some expansion of the theme. Very well done thus far.
Episode 2 was solid as well, again I've never played the games but I really like it so far. I have heard about what happens in the 2nd game and if they decide to go that route won't be watching the second season... Assuming season 1 is just game 1.

I've played both games and seen both episodes.
I'm done. The only saving grace is it's HBO.

They like to move the needle at times which is fine, just not in the direction these games go. We're tired of that rhetoric hitting us over the head.

It's solid as ****. And I've never played the games.

I never played the game either and now I'm torn on watching the show blind, playing the game first or just watching all the cut scenes. I started on the cut scenes. Found a 5 hour video on Youtube and am about 2 hours in.

Not sure if I would be better off just skipping all that and watching the show. Either way, I'm gonna wait till more episodes are out so I can watch it at my own pace.

Reactions: tw3301
I never played the game either and now I'm torn on watching the show blind, playing the game first or just watching all the cut scenes. I started on the cut scenes. Found a 5 hour video on Youtube and am about 2 hours in.

Not sure if I would be better off just skipping all that and watching the show. Either way, I'm gonna wait till more episodes are out so I can watch it at my own pace.
Skip it and watch it. I watched a review of the second game and it ruined me for the series.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Kinda tired of the remastering. Make new good games please or there's no reason to buy next gen consoles.
agree and disagree. I don't like the ones where they just put a new coat of paint on the old game, but the ones where they totally re-do the game from basically the ground up can be good. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Resident Evil 4 remaster is going to turn out when it releases in a couple months. RE4 was one of my al time favorite games when I played it on teh GameCube 1000 years ago.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
is the show more enjoyable because you played the game?

No effect that I can tell honestly. Its an excellent well told story. The game mechanics are literal dog shit to be fair. Its the story that made it. Second game the mechanics improved and somehow so did the story. I see its been picked up for season two, so we should be in for some really cool episodes. The most recent was a complete departure from the game which was cool.

No effect that I can tell honestly. Its an excellent well told story. The game mechanics are literal dog shit to be fair. Its the story that made it. Second game the mechanics improved and somehow so did the story. I see its been picked up for season two, so we should be in for some really cool episodes. The most recent was a complete departure from the game which was cool.
I think they're going to depart from the game a lot in season 2. People won't like what happens IMO. Nothing to do with the whole trans thing.

I think they're going to depart from the game a lot in season 2. People won't like what happens IMO. Nothing to do with the whole trans thing.

What happens is well earned in the first one though. No spoilers but you seem to know both games and what is coming. There is no " trans thing " in the second game anyway. With Neil Druckerman involved in the executive production, I dont see him drastically changing all that much.

Anyone play Elden Ring? Finally plugged in my series X and I'm considering buying it but I've never liked the Dark Souls games so... Feel like I might be wasting my money.

Went with Hogwarts over Elden Ring, will report back after the weekend.
Watched a few twitch streams. I'm curious to hear what you think about it. I need a new game that hopefully has 100+ hrs of gameplay. I can stretch that out for a couple of years.

Anyone play Elden Ring? Finally plugged in my series X and I'm considering buying it but I've never liked the Dark Souls games so... Feel like I might be wasting my money.

I don't like hard games to that's a no from me dog. Never tried any Souls game cause I know I would hate them. I'm the kind of gamer that if I can't beat a boss after 2 tries I turn the difficulty down.

Reactions: tw3301
Went with Hogwarts over Elden Ring, will report back after the weekend.
I like that choice! As I'm sure you know, Hogwarts has surprised everyone as all the reviews are glowing. Getting 9/10 from most. Supposed to be a fantastic open world game. Gonna get it this weekend.

Right now I'm playing two games. Rogue Legacy 2 and Power Washer Sim. Yes, Power washer sim. It's on gamepass and you clean stuff. Rogue Legacy 2 is a great rogue like or rogue lite as I have no idea which term is correct.

ADVERTISEMENT