ADVERTISEMENT

TV/video games/movies off season thread

Same here. Started feeling like ass on Monday so I took a rapid test at home, which showed up very faint. Took another one the next day and it was obvious. Then I went to Walgreens and had a PCR test done and they just emailed me the results today to confirm. Get well soon!
You too man! This stuff is horrible. I went to bed Tuesday night feeling a little weird but when I got up Wednesday I felt like death. Took an at home test and it was positive so I went and got tested at the hospital and they confirmed it.

You too man! This stuff is horrible. I went to bed Tuesday night feeling a little weird but when I got up Wednesday I felt like death. Took an at home test and it was positive so I went and got tested at the hospital and they confirmed it.
Does it feel any different from the first time you had it? Most likely a different strain. Hopefully your body fights if off quicker since you've had it before. How long did your symptoms last the first time? Mine started with just kind of a scratchy throat and my airway felt a little restricted. I thought/hoped it was just allergies. Later that day it turned into total body aching and being very tired with a slight headache. Now I can feel it a lot more in my chest and have developed a cough but it's not too bad at this point. Can't stay at a comfortable temperature. I'm either too hot or too cold. Also constant congestion and nearly complete blockage of nostrils, which is pretty normal for me anyway due to allergies.

Reactions: Scotty00
The first time man I had all the things you mentioned plus I lost taste and smell. I stayed stopped up like crazy and my chest felt really heavy. It was absolutely horrible. This time it kinda hit me right away and all I wanted to do is sleep. Couldn’t eat or anything but I made myself drink water and eat popsicles. I slept all day yesterday and I got up to get some water and I felt really bad plus I was freezing so I took a couple ibuprofen and sleep the rest of the night. Woke up this morning and felt a lot better. Hopefully it continues like this until it’s over.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
The first time man I had all the things you mentioned plus I lost taste and smell. I stayed stopped up like crazy and my chest felt really heavy. It was absolutely horrible. This time it kinda hit me right away and all I wanted to do is sleep. Couldn’t eat or anything but I made myself drink water and eat popsicles. I slept all day yesterday and I got up to get some water and I felt really bad plus I was freezing so I took a couple ibuprofen and sleep the rest of the night. Woke up this morning and felt a lot better. Hopefully it continues like this until it’s over.
Sounds like good news! If anything, I've had a bigger appetite since I've had it. I thought that was kind of weird.

I’d say that’s a good sign man. I couldn’t eat anything. Hope you make it through it with no bad sickness.

Podcasts. Who do you go to first?

1. PMT (love love love Big Cat)
2. Green Light w Chris Long (used to be my fav)
3. Russillo (life advice segment is gold)
4. Simmons (higher w cousin Sal during NFL)
5. Rewatchables

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

5. Rewatchables
PMT is the only podcast on that list I listen to. I usually listen to Rogan if I've burnt through all the other PMT episodes this week or if he has an interesting guest.

PMT is the only podcast on that list I listen to. I usually listen to Rogan if I've burnt through all the other PMT episodes this week or if he has an interesting guest.
Got burnt pretty quick on Rogan. Idk. Definitely helps if I care about the guests. For an ex-player Chris Long is really, really good.

I’ll never understand the appeal of those games. It’s just beating your head against a wall for hours to beat one boss.

The mechanics don’t look particularly fun or fluid either. Always thought they looked clunky and tedious.

I watched a dude playing dark souls 3 and doing boss speed runs back when that one came out. And it was the same stuff over and over. “attack, attack, dodge, wait…”. repeat about 20 times on every boss. That stamina drain battle style has always just looked boring tbh.

And the progression system is almost non existant compared to other similar rpgs like The Witcher, Elder Scrolls etc.

5. Rewatchables

never listened to a single pod cast in my life. I've watched a couple, but only because I was a guest on the podcast and they sent me a link. Otherwise I would have no idea where to even find podcasts.

never listened to a single pod cast in my life. I've watched a couple, but only because I was a guest on the podcast and they sent me a link. Otherwise I would have no idea where to even find podcasts.
You don’t know what you’re missing. Have an iPhone? Look for the purple icon that says podcasts. Search. Enjoy. Repeat.

The new lord of the rings show is pretty much shit so far. 3 episodes into an 8 episode season and I still don't know what the plot is other than "where is sauron? oh he must have left you can go home. oh wait no he didn't, I don't think."

House of the Dragon is so much better even with the hard to watch incest scene that lasted way too long last episode.

I'm no expert, but it sounds like the new NBA 2k23 game is the best one yet if you're like me and you are only interested in the single player MY NBA eras mode and the Jordan Challenge. Also it sounds like they fixed up the game play issues that ruined last year's game in terms of tightening up the player movement and improving the jump shooting.

I might get it this year, but not sure cause I just don't have a ton of time for it unless I give up all other games at the same time. And honestly, I prefer the non sports video games over sports video games if I have to choose one or the other.

I'm no expert, but it sounds like the new NBA 2k23 game is the best one yet if you're like me and you are only interested in the single player MY NBA eras mode and the Jordan Challenge. Also it sounds like they fixed up the game play issues that ruined last year's game in terms of tightening up the player movement and improving the jump shooting.

I might get it this year, but not sure cause I just don't have a ton of time for it unless I give up all other games at the same time. And honestly, I prefer the non sports video games over sports video games if I have to choose one or the other.
if it's good get it, they haven't released a game worth playing in a long time... sports or non-sports.

if it's good get it, they haven't released a game worth playing in a long time... sports or non-sports.
I'm so far behind on games I still have good ones to play. Currently playing Tiny Tina's Wonderlands and enjoying it. Always been a big Borderlands fan so this is right up my alley. Depending on how many play throughs I do I'm sure I'll be busy till the good games start coming out later in the fall.

clerks was rewritten due to some of the originals not liking it. it was rewritten top to bottom

Clerks 1 is the only good thing Kevin Smith ever did. Every other movie he wrote was complete horseshit. Don't even try and argue that with me cause you're wrong.

Clerks was so good it inspired me to get a job at a music/movie rental store called Coconuts during my last year in Law School. I wanted to have one more kid job before I started working for a living and wanted emulate the character Randall from the movie. Well I lasted a month before I got fired. The manage who fired me cited "numerous complaints against me from both customers and co-workers". I earned that firing.

• Love
Clerks 1 is the only good thing Kevin Smith ever did. Every other movie he wrote was complete horseshit. Don't even try and argue that with me cause you're wrong.

Clerks was so good it inspired me to get a job at a music/movie rental store called Coconuts during my last year in Law School. I wanted to have one more kid job before I started working for a living and wanted emulate the character Randall from the movie. Well I lasted a month before I got fired. The manage who fired me cited "numerous complaints against me from both customers and co-workers". I earned that firing.
clerks one got me laid, she was super horned up. different girl with clerks II, fingers crossed with the wife

i think we watched clerks and diana dying the same night, either way stripper girl was seeping

saturday...?

do you hate the munsters or rob zombie?
The trailer looked awful for the Munsters, just something I'm not at all interested in. Rob Zombie has really only 1 movie that I liked- the first Halloween remake he did. The 2nd Halloween was awful and I never cared for his Devil's Rejects movies.

The trailer looked awful for the Munsters, just something I'm not at all interested in. Rob Zombie has really only 1 movie that I liked- the first Halloween remake he did. The 2nd Halloween was awful and I never cared for his Devil's Rejects movies.
i enjoyed the devil's rejects movies more than the other stuff he's done. I really enjoyed El Superbeasto.

I was hesitant to watch the new Dahmer show on Netflix. I've watched enough to know the basic story, but they did a good job on it.

I was hesitant to watch the new Dahmer show on Netflix. I've watched enough to know the basic story, but they did a good job on it.
I was really into that when it happened since that was during my serial killer obsession phase plus it happened nearby. Feel like I already know everything, but might watch anyway if it's supposed to be good.

The most F'd part about it and the part that never made any sense was that he had issues with one kid and got in trouble for something involving him and then some time passes and he's able to pick up and murder the kid's brother? That part never made sense to me.

I was really into that when it happened since that was during my serial killer obsession phase plus it happened nearby. Feel like I already know everything, but might watch anyway if it's supposed to be good.

The most F'd part about it and the part that never made any sense was that he had issues with one kid and got in trouble for something involving him and then some time passes and he's able to pick up and murder the kid's brother? That part never made sense to me.
it was informative. i learned a lot i didnt know. not the easiest of watches. dives into a lot of detail.

and it goes into the brothers

Been binge watching House the last few weeks. Just finished it last night. One of the better shows I’ve watched. Tons of episodes and a bit formulaic but still excellent

Been binge watching House the last few weeks. Just finished it last night. One of the better shows I’ve watched. Tons of episodes and a bit formulaic but still excellent
been a fan of hugh laurie since mid 80p and on the young ones. very funny guy.

Reactions: jhmossy
I support twitch promoting female streamers over males.

Females are more attractive. Quality of content is up to debate.

ADVERTISEMENT