ADVERTISEMENT

TV/video games/movies off season thread

Fah5ZiGacAAmedK

The Saul finale led me to rewatch the last several episodes of Breaking Bad. Holy hell, what a show. Gilligan is just awesome.
I watched BB when it came out and haven't watched any episodes since. It's been long enough and I'm looking forward to watching it again prior to the fall season shows coming out.

If you haven't yet, watch Plot Against America. On a high dose edible (mine was a normal dose of lysergic diethylamide). It starts kind of slow but it really picks up in the second half of episode 2 and pretty soon it's a wild alternate history beginning in 1940. John Turturro plays a rabbi who supports Charles Lindbergh for President in 40 too keep America out of the war. The last 3-4 episodes are intense and the finale is edge-of-seat.
I finally got around to this. Good show. Wish I had the lysergic diethylamide.

Reactions: ConvenientParking

That was a pretty cool scene, but I don’t think Spider-man’s ever been done justice. Live action or animation. Ever see that low budget 70s show with the total lack of memorable villains?

spider-man1977.jpg

Sweet Jesus. It’s like the Lou Ferrigno Hulk series but much worse. I don’t think the producers ever read a Spider-Man comic.

I grew up a Spider-man geek, so I’m hard to please when it comes to that. I’m fine with a lot of the other Marvel flicks, cuz I’m not as familiar with the source material. And from what I remember, the Infinity War comics were absurd.

Sam Raimi’s cool and his first two were pretty well done, but I don’t think any of them really capture the essence of what it’s about. Honestly, I think Deadpool (a Spiderman knockoff) is closer to what a Spider-man movie should be. Minus the guns and profanity. It has its flaws, but that’s damn good entertainment.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
That was a pretty cool scene, but I don’t think Spider-man’s ever been done justice. Live action or animation. Ever see that low budget 70s show with the total lack of memorable villains?

spider-man1977.jpg

Sweet Jesus. It’s like the Lou Ferrigno Hulk series but much worse. I don’t think the producers ever read a Spider-Man comic.

I grew up a Spider-man geek, so I’m hard to please when it comes to that. I’m fine with a lot of the other Marvel flicks, cuz I’m not as familiar with the source material. And from what I remember, the Infinity War comics were absurd.

Sam Raimi’s cool and his first two were pretty well done, but I don’t think any of them really capture the essence of what it’s about. Honestly, I think Deadpool (a Spiderman knockoff) is closer to what a Spider-man movie should be. Minus the guns and profanity. It has its flaws, but that’s damn good entertainment.
A lot to unpack here. Marvel and Sony have never gone as dark as the comics and they should. If there's a way for DC shows to gain popularity is to be as raw and unforgiving as the comics.

My favorite spiderman anything is the multiverse cartoon, probably b/c it's fun, darker and it's what we have.

I get the Deadpool reference but disagree they should be the same. Being the whole neighbor spiderman and all. He's bitter no doubt, but he's a hero as well. Deadpool's just a bitter dick.

I would love MCU to go darker in their shows, but I don't think Disney will allow it. Too bad, but this is where DC can appeal to larger audiences.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
A lot to unpack here. Marvel and Sony have never gone as dark as the comics and they should. If there's a way for DC shows to gain popularity is to be as raw and unforgiving as the comics.

My favorite spiderman anything is the multiverse cartoon, probably b/c it's fun, darker and it's what we have.

I get the Deadpool reference but disagree they should be the same. Being the whole neighbor spiderman and all. He's bitter no doubt, but he's a hero as well. Deadpool's just a bitter dick.

I would love MCU to go darker in their shows, but I don't think Disney will allow it. Too bad, but this is where DC can appeal to larger audiences.

I’m just comparing Deadpool in terms of the humor, wit, heart and drama. I think it blows the Spider-Man movies away in those areas.

I’m just comparing Deadpool in terms of the humor, wit, heart and drama. I think it blows the Spider-Man movies away in those areas.
No doubt. Sony should either work on that or give up the rights.....although being Disney owns the rest, it wouldn't do any good.

I would love an R rated Spiderman.

If some read the comics, I feel they wouldn't like their superheroes if they met them.

I miss the shop. BIL sold it. I can't blame him as it was all his time and effort. Covid stuff became too much to over come for a small comic shop. I think it's now called Cryocomics.

Chick who plays Alicent is pretty hot

Matt Smith crushing another role as Daemon

Reactions: tw3301
Didn't watch Ms. Marvel and I'm not going to watch She Hulk. Took me like 6 months to watch Moon Knight, I'm just not that interested in these characters. Give me more Loki or Falcon/Winter Soldier shit and I'm in.

Didn't watch Ms. Marvel and I'm not going to watch She Hulk. Took me like 6 months to watch Moon Knight, I'm just not that interested in these characters. Give me more Loki or Falcon/Winter Soldier shit and I'm in.
Same except I didn't watch Moon Knight.

The And1 untold story on Netflix was alright. Crazy how big they got and then poof.

I'm actually liking Mike ok on Hulu. It stinks that Mike Tyson absolutely hates it. I guess if someone made a show about my life w/o my permission and then started it with a "Dramatic purposes" disclaimer, I'd be pissed too.

I'm actually liking Mike ok on Hulu. It stinks that Mike Tyson absolutely hates it. I guess if someone made a show about my life w/o my permission and then started it with a "Dramatic purposes" disclaimer, I'd be pissed too.
May watch that, been watching podcasts. Rogan just did one with Mike Baker and I'm going to go learn Mandarin now because of it.

Last edited:
Well I’ve tested positive for covid again (I feel like shit) so it looks like I'm gonna be laid up in my lazy boy the next few days watching a lot of tv and playing a lot of Cold War and Red Dead Redemption. This shit absolutely sucks🤦🏼‍♂️

Reactions: tw3301
Well I’ve tested positive for covid again (I feel like shit) so it looks like I'm gonna be laid up in my lazy boy the next few days watching a lot of tv and playing a lot of Cold War and Red Dead Redemption. This shit absolutely sucks🤦🏼‍♂️
Same here. Started feeling like ass on Monday so I took a rapid test at home, which showed up very faint. Took another one the next day and it was obvious. Then I went to Walgreens and had a PCR test done and they just emailed me the results today to confirm. Get well soon!

ADVERTISEMENT