ADVERTISEMENT

TV/video games/movies off season thread

I still play halo and watch the pro tournaments. The world championship is in two weeks. 2 million prize pool. Kinda crazy how far esports tournaments have come. I remember watching Halo 2 tournaments and the prize pool being like 25K lol.

I didn’t realize Halo was still that popular.

I didn’t realize Halo was still that popular.

It still has a decent following. But in the gaming world it's pretty irrelevant. It doesn't draw good numbers compared to other esports. I'm sure the world championship will have like 50K viewers. That's not bad, but not good compared to the top games.

The player base is low as well.

Watching the Dahmer series.

I can understand why the families of the victims didn't like it. Also understand why it makes a lot of people uncomfortable/unable to watch.

Reactions: tw3301
any suggestions

i think ive watched everything good.

should i deep dive into ozark? watched first season

Halloween Ends is ****ing awful. Not even worth watching, I regret getting a peacock subscription. Michael Myers might be featured in 10 minutes of the movie, if I'm being generous.
sucks to hear. have it lined up. not been a fan for a while. ill save myself the two hours

is there anything worse than watching a "based off true story show" thats seven hrs long and ends with, "this case has not been solved"?

the watcher on NF. great show, horrible ending.

looks like bros is going straight....to streaming. maybe so they dont have to spend more on advertising later?

It still has a decent following. But in the gaming world it's pretty irrelevant. It doesn't draw good numbers compared to other esports. I'm sure the world championship will have like 50K viewers. That's not bad, but not good compared to the top games.

The player base is low as well.
I'm playing Halo for the first time ever right now, but only doing the single player campaign. It's free on Gamepass so giving it a try. It's fine for a free game.

Gonna do Gears 5 campaign next.

I'm playing Halo for the first time ever right now, but only doing the single player campaign. It's free on Gamepass so giving it a try. It's fine for a free game.

Yeah the Halo campaigns are all really good (except for Halo 5, it was terrible). Halo 2 on Legendary difficulty is probably the toughest one.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
not a fan. regular movie with same jokes. lead guy isnt likable. constant negative. wanted it to be good.

gave it an hour.

I heard an interview Billy Eichner did on Pardon My Take. Thought I might give the movie a shot, so I checked out the trailers. Didn’t really come close to laughing once. If a supposed comedy can’t get me to laugh during the trailer, I’m not giving it a shot in theaters.

I don’t see myself watching this at home unless I’m really bored and out of other stuff to watch.

is there anything worse than watching a "based off true story show" thats seven hrs long and ends with, "this case has not been solved"?

the watcher on NF. great show, horrible ending.

I’m on episode 3 now. Disappointed to hear that the ending sucks.

The show is a significant departure from the true story, which should have been a good thing because the true story is honestly not even that compelling. Since they already committed to embellishing the true story, I had hoped they’d set up a good ending with some resolution.

I still plan to finish it.

Last edited:
Just watched Amsterdam. Thought it was great. I have no idea why the critics are dogging it.

Halloween Ends is ****ing awful. Not even worth watching, I regret getting a peacock subscription. Michael Myers might be featured in 10 minutes of the movie, if I'm being generous.

ive never been a fan of the halloween movies tbh.

The best thing about the halo games was Lan parties with the boys back in the day. Ive never had more fun playing a video game than with 4 xbox’s, 4 copies of halo/halo 2, 4tvs all hooked together and anywhere between 10-15 friends.

That was back in my college days. There were weekends when we would play for longer than 24 hours.

m not sure there's a better thing on the internet than paying a hairy leg girl to squat her brother for two bucks.

i need better shows to watch.
You need a life. But also shows other than house of the dragon are pretty meh right now. Lord of the rings series was awful. No idea what they spent all that money on, think it was a Bezos tax ploy.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I’m on episode 3 now. Disappointed to hear that the ending sucks.

The show is a significant departure from the true story, which should have been a good thing because the true story is honestly not even that compelling. Since they already committed to embellishing the true story, I had hoped they’d set up a good ending with some resolution.

I still plan to finish it.
i loved the show, couldn't wait to finish it. super well done.

i read the initial family never officially moved in after the first letter, so yeah. basically all made up from there although some families/pppl did exist.

You need a life. But also shows other than house of the dragon shows are pretty meh right now. Lord of the rings series was awful. No idea what they spent all that money on, think it was a Bezos tax ploy.
no doubt. cant remember last true vacation.

all work and no play makes.....

Reactions: tw3301
Yea I’m with you. Not sure what they was thinking and for the movie that’s suppose to “end” everything I expected a lot more. I could possibly be the biggest Halloween fan on this board and I didn’t care for it much at all.
Halloween 2018 was solid, also liked the first Rob Zombie remake. The others are pretty meh.
Same! Zombies part one wasn’t so bad but his part two was a lost cause. Absolutely horrible.

On another note I went to Scarefest in Lexington this weekend and met some 80’s horror legends/icons. I met Robert Englund (Freddy Krueger), Kane Hodder and CJ Grahm (both played Jason Voorhees, Dee Wallace (Cujo, ET) and several other people. All super nice people. I got a Freddy glove signed by Englund which is now my favorite piece of memorabilia and two different Jason mask signed by Hodder and Grahm to add to my collection. Englund even let me take a short video of him. He was freaking awesome! If I could post pics and videos on here I would but I can’t ever get it to work.

Ozarks good. You should finish it.

I went old school and watched The Storm of the Century recently. It's a long movie but it's actually my favorite Stephen King movie. I like it a little bit better than IT.
I just watched Storm of the century about a week ago. First time in about two years that I’ve watched it. Forgot how long that movie was lol. I’d have to say my favorite King movie (so many good ones) is Pet Sematary followed by Christine and Silver Bullet.

Haven't played it but all the reviews I've seen for Gotham Knights say it's shit. I really liked the Arkham series, can't believe they managed to **** it up. My Xbox series X may never get taken out of the box at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT