ADVERTISEMENT

Transfers, post 2019

Early word is he's following Buzz to Texas A&M which makes the SEC West very strong next year but it could be worse.

Blackshear would immediately turn any fringe top 25 school into a title contender.

Makes sense. Hope he doesn't go there because fvck the rest of the SEC. Would be okay with him at UK though.

Reactions: JRMSU and kl40504
Blackshear should go to a school where he can compete for a title. Honestly, any top 25 team could be a serious Final Four threat with Blackshear on the team. I would think Florida, North Carolina, LSU, Kansas and Texas Tech would be in hot pursuit of his services.

Blackshear should go to a school where he can compete for a title. Honestly, any top 25 team could be a serious Final Four threat with Blackshear on the team. I would think Florida, North Carolina, LSU, Kansas and Texas Tech would be in hot pursuit of his services.
And UK

I want UK to go after him but in terms of roster makeup it doesn't make a ton of sense. They have EJ and Nick and just picked up Sestina. Brooks is a 4 most likely too. He's better than all of them but I don't see it happening.

I want UK to go after him but in terms of roster makeup it doesn't make a ton of sense. They have EJ and Nick and just picked up Sestina. Brooks is a 4 most likely too. He's better than all of them but I don't see it happening.
I agree. Probably following his coach to Texas A&M

It's almost a certainty that he plays for Illinois. It's been in the works for a long time. We've been talking about him planning to come to Illinois since December on our board.

With the Cats slim on front court options for next season, there’s another name in the transfer portal who got a call from Lexington: Kerry Blackshear, Jr.

We're in the mix if Blackshear doesn't get drafted.

Reactions: kl40504
Yup. I was just thinking of schools off the top of my head. I saw that he was contacted by Kentucky recently. If he transfers to UK, they have a legitimate case for being preseason #1.
I don't think he will pick UK.

Texas A&M might have the edge, if anyone. Haven't read too much into it. Where do you think he ends up?
Not sure. I think it will not be UK because of Sestina and our returning front court. He would be a starter for UK next year if he comes.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Yes?

SFA people leaked it when he announced he was transferring. Some people around their program are upset that Holyfield's people had been in contact with Underwood before he announced.

He's taking visits, so I guess someone could win him over. I doubt he goes somewhere that he's not going to be a starter though. He's going to start at Illinois, Underwood recruited him to SFA already, he was successful in Underwood's system, and he's giving us the last visit. I'd be surprised if he ended up elsewhere.

Not sure. I think it will not be UK because of Sestina and our returning front court. He would be a starter for UK next year if he comes.

Sestina won't start and he's a different type of player than Blackshear. Richards and Blackshear will be competing for minutes, which there are plenty to share. Montgomery, Sestina, Brooks will be competing for minutes at the 4,, with Brooks also competing for the 3.

However I can see Blackshear going to TAMU before UK.

Really hoping we can add Tucker to our backcourt and maybe sneak Sharife Cooper in :)

Say goodbye to the Lawsons..
Would love for SDS to stay.

Some keep talking Chuck Moore Charlie, but I don't know if that's necessarily a good thing for him.

Dok didn't declare by the deadline and the Silvio ruling should come by week's end. Then another high recruit and a couple of transfers and all will be well again.

If a school fires the coach, I don't think transfers should have to sit out a year. They committed to the coach as much as the school. Ok, I'm off my soap box.

But that is fair-something the NCAA sometimes overlooks.

Reactions: sgrooms

UVA could have as many as 4 open scholarships if Guy and Diakite both stay in the draft.

Last edited:
Time to pickup the Hauser brothers.

I'm sure they'll wait to make their decision once the deadline to return passes. That would be my guess. If Guy and/or Diakite return, I think we may look at a grad transfer since we'd have a decent chance of winning now. If either or both go, I say we go all in on the Hausers and set ourselves up for the 2020-2021 season.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Tucker had a good visit with us this past weekend, he could definitely slide into that Bryce Brown role.

Reactions: KisteK
Cal visiting Blackshear tonight. Would be an absolute coup if he can steal him from others.

TJ Holyfield visiting Kansas soon. Sorry, @KisteK, don't get your hopes up for him!

It's almost a certainty that he plays for Illinois. It's been in the works for a long time. We've been talking about him planning to come to Illinois since December on our board.

He'd look good at Kansas.. but with Dok and possibly Silvio (back) in the paint, I highly doubt KU lands him.

Him and Tucker would be nice pieces for the Jayhawks. Kinda doubt they land either.

Reactions: Jaycg15 and olsonab
Why would Blackshear go to UK when they already have EJM, Richards, Sestina and Brooks?

I'd want to go somewhere where I can rack up as many stats as I can and be the focal point of the offense.

Reactions: rdgtr
Why would Blackshear go to UK when they already have EJM, Richards, Sestina and Brooks?

I'd want to go somewhere where I can rack up as many stats as I can and be the focal point of the offense.

I can understand why you'd want to go somewhere else, but Calipari doesn't recruit stat whores. Plus he'd probably start over all of those guys.

1. He's better than all of those dudes
2. UK has a proven track record of getting bigs in the NBA
3. It's Kentucky. The name on the front of the jersey matters sometimes

ADVERTISEMENT