ADVERTISEMENT

Transfers, post 2019

So now that Charlie Moore and KJ Lawson are gone who is KU going after? We are Transfer U after all. For once I'd like them to pick up one of these guys that's eligible immediately.

Both of them sucked at their previous schools. Don't know what they thought going to a better school. Dedric was obvious because he's an awesome college player.

They're looking at several grad transfers. Rayjon Tucker from Ark-Little Rock, Utomi from Akron, and David Jenkins from South Dakota St. Maybe others.

Rayjon Tucker is going to be a big-time impact player. But seeing how he's from Charlotte, I'm guessing he'll end up in the ACC or SEC. UNC would be my guess; they have a lot of minutes available with Kenny Williams, Cam Johnson, and Nassir Little leaving.

So now that Charlie Moore and KJ Lawson are gone who is KU going after? We are Transfer U after all. For once I'd like them to pick up one of these guys that's eligible immediately.
Players are fleeing the dumpster fire that is KU. Kansas in trouble with the NCAA. Hard times ahead.

Thomas Allen (Nebraska) commits to NC State. He's a Raleigh native, so his destination makes sense. He'll be a solid contributor for State.

Also, very interested to see what happens with Va Tech. They hired Mike Young to replace Buzz. In addition to losing Nickeil Alexander-Walker to the NBA, he also has three players that have entered in the transfer portal - Wabissa Bede, Chris Clarke, and Landers Nolley. I read that Clarke is as good as gone as he was suspended for the entirety of the season. Fighting chance he can retain Bede or Nolley... also had 4-star recruit, Anthony Harris, de-commit from VT last week. 2020 could be a very rough year for VT if they don't retain some of these guys.

Reactions: jhmossy
Rayjon Tucker is going to be a big-time impact player. But seeing how he's from Charlotte, I'm guessing he'll end up in the ACC or SEC. UNC would be my guess; they have a lot of minutes available with Kenny Williams, Cam Johnson, and Nassir Little leaving.

Have heard some rumblings that he either visited AU or will soon, but I am just not sure we have the room at this moment even if he wanted to come to AU. His head coach and main recruiter to Ark-Little Rock, Wes Flanigan, is at AU now and that is why there is a connection, but not sure where it ends up. Dude is a great shooter and I would love to have him replace Bryce Brown..

Reactions: dukedevilz
Kira Lewis and John Petty are both returning to Alabama.

Admon Gilder, who missed the entirety of the 2019 season due to an injury, is transferring from Texas A&M. He averaged 12.3 ppg on the 2018 Sweet 16 A&M team. 45.8% fg and 39.5% from 3. Should be immediately available. Solid pickup for whoever gets him.

Jazz Johnson, Nevada guard, has entered the transfer portal. Averaged 11 ppg and shot 45.2% from three (71 for 157). He'll most likely be immediately eligible. Would be a really solid pickup for a P5 program.

Have heard some rumblings that he either visited AU or will soon, but I am just not sure we have the room at this moment even if he wanted to come to AU. His head coach and main recruiter to Ark-Little Rock, Wes Flanigan, is at AU now and that is why there is a connection, but not sure where it ends up. Dude is a great shooter and I would love to have him replace Bryce Brown..

If he wants to come to Auburn, I think we will make room. Too good a shooter to turn him away.

Reactions: olsonab
St. Joseph’s Guard Lamarr “Fresh” Kimble is headed to UofL.

Averaged 15.6 ppg and 2.8 apg. Just what we needed.

Reactions: jhmossy
LJ Figueroa, St.John's wing, has entered the transfer portal. Big-time player. 14.4 ppg, 6.4 reb, 1.7 ast, 1.8 stl, 51.3% fg, 38.3%. Give him 19 months to focus solely on improving his game, and I would think a player of his caliber could be 1st Team All-Conference just about anywhere in America.

Reactions: KisteK
I’ve heard that he’s cousins with current UNC player, Leaky Black.

I’ve heard that he’s cousins with current UNC player, Leaky Black.

Heard something about a UNC connection; I didn't realize it might be Leaky Black. Always figured UNC was the favorite. Saw he also visited West Virginia. If UNC gets Anthony and Tucker, they'll still be really, really good. Possibly in the top top 10.

My source says KU is in deep trouble. He is hearing Self may not be at KU next year.

I’m hearing that you may be wearing a straight jacket next year. Source can’t confirm but says the possibility is strong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaycg15
Nevada big man & former McDonald's All-American, Jordan Brown, has recently entered the transfer portal. Alford absolutely needs this guy back.

Also, Jake Toolson, Utah Valley guard & Honorable Mention All-American, is available as a grad transfer. Averaged 16 ppg, shot 54% from the floor, and 45.5% from deep. I imagine quite a few teams will be courting Brown and Toolson.

List is gonna be huge. Basketball players are growing less patient. Some notable ones that announced recently:

Keith Stone, Florida
Michael Okauru, Florida
Cameron Lard, Iowa State
Dazon Ingram, Alabama
Florida was bringing in a nice class. I thought they would finally have the talented depth to hang in the SEC with UK, UTe and Auburn, but I guess not-thankfully, because I am a Florida resident gator hater.

Florida was bringing in a nice class. I thought they would finally have the talented depth to hang in the SEC with UK, UTe and Auburn, but I guess not-thankfully, because I am a Florida resident gator hater.

They're bringing in a solid class next year, led by 5-star recruits Tre Mann and Scottie Lewis. I like Florida's main cogs, just now sure how they're going to do with a limited frontcourt (or at least an unproven frontcourt). Maybe somewhere in the 15-25 range.

Reactions: kl40504
What about Harper? Do u think he will stay?

Marquette forwards Sam and Joey Hauser are in the transfer portal

That's crazy. I don't understand this at all. They were the #2 and #3 scorers for a team that likely would have been top 10 in the country next year. Are they tired of playing second fiddle to Markus Howard? I could see Bill Self going after the Hauser brothers.

Reactions: KisteK and jhmossy
That's crazy. I don't understand this at all. They were the #2 and #3 scorers for a team that likely would have been top 10 in the country next year. Are they tired of playing second fiddle to Markus Howard? I could see Bill Self going after the Hauser brothers.
I understand. Wojo is the coach.

I understand. Wojo is the coach.

Markus Howard announced he'd be staying for his senior year on Friday. Literally the very next business day/school day the Hauser brothers make this annoucement? I can't help but think they didn't want to play with Howard anymore. But maybe I'm reading too much into this. Huge, huge pickup for whoever gets them.

Markus Howard announced he'd be staying for his senior year on Friday. Literally the very next business day/school day the Hauser brothers make this annoucement? I can't help but think they didn't want to play with Howard anymore. But maybe I'm reading too much into this. Huge, huge pickup for whoever gets them.
I think you are correct. Howard hogs the ball and shoots all the shots. Not a team player.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Most of the posters on Marquette's 247 board seems to think that the transfer is absolutely connected to Howard returning. Michigan State and Virginia are apparently the two most likely destinations. Wow. This is really shocking. Bad look for Wojo. How can you not keep two of your most skilled players on board?

Reactions: kl40504 and jhmossy
Lindsey Drew, PG (Nevada)
Gotta wonder if Alford can retain some of this escaping talent..

Jazz Johnson did announce he's returning to Nevada a couple days ago. Alford's still gotta go after Jalen Harris, Jordan Brown, and now Lindsey Drew... I could see Mark Few going after Lindsey Drew. Not a whole lot of quality point guards on the market, and Gonzaga could certainly use one if they're going to remain in the top 10.

Every team in the country should be going after him
Early word is he's following Buzz to Texas A&M which makes the SEC West very strong next year but it could be worse.

Blackshear would immediately turn any fringe top 25 school into a title contender.

Reactions: kl40504
ADVERTISEMENT