ADVERTISEMENT

Top 5 teams in your teams conference next year?

BT #1 Michigan
#2-4 pickem
#5 Iowa return their top 10 players
and add 4* top 100 PG Connor McCaffery, top 100 SG/SF Wieskamp #42 by Rivals
these were SO and will now be JR's.
top 5
6'9 PF Cook 15.3 ppg led the team and led the team in rebounding
6'0 PG Bohannon 13.5 ppg led the team in assists and made 3's and 3 point shooting % and FT %
6'11 C Garza 12.1 ppg 2nd in rebounding and led the team in blocks with 32 in 21.7 mpg
6'5 SG Moss 11.1 ppg, 2nd on the team in steals with 22
7'0 F/C Nunge 5th in scoring in 15.7 mpg 3rd in steals and 2nd in blocks with 25, the team avg'd 79.9 ppg.
and avg'd 38 rpg.

I expect Kevin Keatts to have my Pack in the top 5 again next year! A little addition by subtraction and some stud guards coming in.

I expect Kevin Keatts to have my Pack in the top 5 again next year! A little addition by subtraction and some stud guards coming in.

I’m not saying it CAN’T happen, but I wouldn’t bet on it. FSU and VT will both be a good bit better. Clemson will be roughly the same. We know UVA, Duke, and UNC will be very good. Cuse could take a solid step forward. And Brey is always gonna field a decent team.

But I’ll admit it’s not out of the realm of possibility.

I’m not saying it CAN’T happen, but I wouldn’t bet on it. FSU and VT will both be a good bit better. Clemson will be roughly the same. We know UVA, Duke, and UNC will be very good. Cuse could take a solid step forward. And Brey is always gonna field a decent team.

But I’ll admit it’s not out of the realm of possibility.
I would have to guess most people thought FSU would have finished better than us this year too.

I would have to guess most people thought FSU would have finished better than us this year too.

I don’t know about that. We were picked 9th or 10th in the league. And then we had injuries all season to key pieces. Got healthy in February and finally got everyone on the same page in March.

Truth is, our Elite 8 run was a year ahead of schedule. Maybe even two years. Trent Forrest will just be a junior next year. Kabengele, Obiagu, and M.J. Walker will all be sophomores.

Who does NCSU lose?

Laughing

I might change my mind about Arizona but they are in a serious rebuild. ASU/UW was the tossup for me.

Need to get a PG and guard depth but Arizona likely will have one of the best front courts and wings in the conference. Definitely be in rebuild mode but with four roster spots still open, I have a hard time seeing them not finishing top 5.

Reactions: AirZona
I don’t know about that. We were picked 9th or 10th in the league. And then we had injuries all season to key pieces. Got healthy in February and finally got everyone on the same page in March.

Truth is, our Elite 8 run was a year ahead of schedule. Maybe even two years. Trent Forrest will just be a junior next year. Kabengele, Obiagu, and M.J. Walker will all be sophomores.

Who does NCSU lose?
My addition by subtraction comment was meant for Malik Abu who had one of the worst senior campaigns I can remember at State. We also lose Al Freeman who was clutch in some big games and Omer Yurtseven signed papers with Georgetown. We've got two guards coming in that can fill it up and I honestly think our freshmen bigs will provide as much if not more help than we got this year out of Abu and Yurt.
I think we will be better but I also think the whole ACC will be better so you may be right.

My addition by subtraction comment was meant for Malik Abu who had one of the worst senior campaigns I can remember at State. We also lose Al Freeman who was clutch in some big games and Omer Yurtseven signed papers with Georgetown. We've got two guards coming in that can fill it up and I honestly think our freshmen bigs will provide as much if not more help than we got this year out of Abu and Yurt.
I think we will be better but I also think the whole ACC will be better so you may be right.

Yeah Abu seemed disinterested. Probably right about addition by subtraction.

I think Yurtseven will be a loss. Not just what he actually produced last year, but that's a guy who would have been in year 2 of the new system. Can't see a freshman big topping that, even if one or both do come in physically ready.

It may come down to this transfer season and who comes back from testing NBA waters. I know State--along with several other ACC schools--are still pursuing big name transfers. I'm just glad FSU already got ours.

Glad to see LSU getting some hype. Really fired up for next season with them. Hopefully Waters will make a nice jump next season, I think he has a chance to go down as the greatest guard in LSU history not named Pistol (assuming he stays 4 years).

LSU will be fun to track.
I usually pick a dozen - ish teams to follow throughout the season, they're mos def on that list. Waters really impressed, Mays and Edwards too. If the Brandons improve and that dime of a recruiting haul shines bright, LSU will finish top 5.

Was Alexander hurt last season?

Reactions: ReturnOfOakboy
FSU’s status in the ACC top 5 just took a pretty decent hit. Freshman center Ike Obiagu has “decided” to transfer. I say “decided” in quotes because it’s really his handler who wasn’t getting what he wanted and is pulling him out. Gotta love “adults” taking advantage of kids and claiming it’s in their best interest.

Anyhoo, Ike is probably the best shot blocker in the country. We were expecting him to start and probably block 130+ shots next season. Huge blow, especially since he waited until after most of the best transfers are off the market.

FSU’s status in the ACC top 5 just took a pretty decent hit. Freshman center Ike Obiagu has “decided” to transfer. I say “decided” in quotes because it’s really his handler who wasn’t getting what he wanted and is pulling him out. Gotta love “adults” taking advantage of kids and claiming it’s in their best interest.

Anyhoo, Ike is probably the best shot blocker in the country. We were expecting him to start and probably block 130+ shots next season. Huge blow, especially since he waited until after most of the best transfers are off the market.

Same thing happened to our freshmen backup point guard whose "family and mentors" weren't happy even though he averaged over 20 minutes a game as a freshman on an SEC championship team.

He's now heading to Baylor.

Ridiculous..

Same thing happened to our freshmen backup point guard whose "family and mentors" weren't happy even though he averaged over 20 minutes a game as a freshman on an SEC championship team.

He's now heading to Baylor.

Ridiculous..

Guess where Ike is likely heading, according to my contact? Baylor.

Reactions: KisteK and olsonab
Glad to see LSU getting some hype. Really fired up for next season with them. Hopefully Waters will make a nice jump next season, I think he has a chance to go down as the greatest guard in LSU history not named Pistol (assuming he stays 4 years).
Chris Jackson > than Waters. LSU will take a big step forward next year.

Chris Jackson > than Waters. LSU will take a big step forward next year.

No one was a bigger Chris Jackson fan than me, but he only played 2 years. If Waters stays 4 years and is an all american by the end and leads the team to post season success along the way he could end up being remembered as better than Jackson despite Mahmoud's insane scoring stats.

That sucks. Was looking forward to seeing his progression next season. I guess his handler didn't like the minutes he was getting? Kind of hard to come by, I suppose, with Hamilton's inclination for playing 10+ guys. From the limited time I saw him, he seemed to be a pretty happy guy, always cheering for his teammates. He's going to be a force in 18 months from now.

That sucks. Was looking forward to seeing his progression next season. I guess his handler didn't like the minutes he was getting? Kind of hard to come by, I suppose, with Hamilton's inclination for playing 10+ guys. From the limited time I saw him, he seemed to be a pretty happy guy, always cheering for his teammates. He's going to be a force in 18 months from now.

He was going to start next season. Hell, he started 12 games this season. He got limited minutes because he couldn't stay out of foul trouble and was a liability late games due to 35% FT shooting. Hard to play when you have 4 fouls in 10 minutes.

His handler wanted more money/access is my guess. I spoke with him at the team banquet a few weeks ago. He loved it here. He told me his goal was to break the school record for blocks next season. Couple weeks later I saw him at a volunteer event. Then a few days later his bags are packed, he's gone, and you've got players tweeting about how it's sad when people who don't care about a kid's career make decisions for them.

And yes, I was really looking forward to seeing him develop under Stan Jones, who is one of the best developers of big men in the country.

He was going to start next season. Hell, he started 12 games this season. He got limited minutes because he couldn't stay out of foul trouble and was a liability late games due to 35% FT shooting. Hard to play when you have 4 fouls in 10 minutes.

His handler wanted more money/access is my guess. I spoke with him at the team banquet a few weeks ago. He loved it here. He told me his goal was to break the school record for blocks next season. Couple weeks later I saw him at a volunteer event. Then a few days later his bags are packed, he's gone, and you've got players tweeting about how it's sad when people who don't care about a kid's career make decisions for them.

And yes, I was really looking forward to seeing him develop under Stan Jones, who is one of the best developers of big men in the country.

Dang. That's sad. Seems like a good kid and a great teammate.

Reactions: GE Nole
1) KU
2) K-State
3) Baylor
4) WVU
5) Texas or TCU

Agree with earlier poster that Tech lost way too much off their elite 8 team.

ISU still will be rebuilding new cycle of players.

OU and Okie State could be decent. Kruger is that good of a coach.

LSU will be fun to track.
I usually pick a dozen - ish teams to follow throughout the season, they're mos def on that list. Waters really impressed, Mays and Edwards too. If the Brandons improve and that dime of a recruiting haul shines bright, LSU will finish top 5.

Was Alexander hurt last season?
Alexander is kicked off the team

Call me crazy, but I think LSU is good enough to make the Final Four next year.
LSU will play in the AdvoCare invite next year. Nova, Okie State, FSU, and Memphis will be there also. I want to see LSU play Nova

Reactions: KisteK
I don't know if we'll be better than 11-7...I think we may take a while to get off the ground. I think we finish as a better team next year than the 17/18 team.

duke is going to stomp a mud hole in unc. i say that being as nice as possible.

i probably did, but this year seems more obvious than others.

Gonzaga beat Duke up in the paint and if the 3 pointers aren’t falling they’re very beatable. Last year you had the horses inside and still fell short so with this this team you don’t know what you’re going to get with Bolden. So don’t act like this team is a slam dunk to win it all because they aren’t.

duke is going to stomp a mud hole in unc. i say that being as nice as possible.

If we played now...I'd agree with you.

By february UNC will be a different team, and Duke is already near their ceiling. Tarheel players are still ironing out their roles.

I hate playing @FSU because it seems like we almost never win there going back to the early 90’s.
I know Duke lost the last time they were there. Think that was Tatum's year. Definitely seems like a dog fight there, whenever we get a chance to play @ FSU. But went back and checked Duke's record @FSU over the last 10 meetings(think that dated back to 02 or 03) Surprisingly Duke was 7-3.

Gonzaga beat Duke up in the paint and if the 3 pointers aren’t falling they’re very beatable. Last year you had the horses inside and still fell short so with this this team you don’t know what you’re going to get with Bolden. So don’t act like this team is a slam dunk to win it all because they aren’t.
Feel like it had more to do with Gonzaga shooting 10 from 19 from 3. Less to do with "Gonzaga beating Duke up in the paint", especially if you consider Duke scored more than Gonzaga in the paint and Outrebounded them.

Not taking anything away from Gonzaga. They are a really good team and could definitely beat Duke again.

I know Duke lost the last time they were there. Think that was Tatum's year. Definitely seems like a dog fight there, whenever we get a chance to play @ FSU. But went back and checked Duke's record @FSU over the last 10 meetings(think that dated back to 02 or 03) Surprisingly Duke was 7-3.
I guess it just seems like we lose to them so much @ their home because it’s such a tough place to play.

FSU won in 2000, I believe, too. Your Carlos Boozer, Jay Williams, Mike Dunleavy team.

What always struck as odd was, at least until recently, it seemed like it was FSU’s worst teams that found a way to beat some of Duke’s best teams. Weird.

I think my two favorite games in the series happened in Cameron though. The 2006 OT thriller that Duke won something like 97-96, where the refs were suspended. And the 2012 thriller where Austin Rivers hit a bucket to tie with about 4 seconds left and then FSU raced back down court and Snaer buried a 3 for the win at the buzzer. I think that game broke like a 43 game home win streak for Duke.

Reactions: nickynooch
FSU won in 2000, I believe, too. Your Carlos Boozer, Jay Williams, Mike Dunleavy team.
I think you're thinking of '02. Those 3 were freshmen in '00 and it was more Carrawell & Battier's team.

What always struck as odd was, at least until recently, it seemed like it was FSU’s worst teams that found a way to beat some of Duke’s best teams. Weird.
Yeah, that's why it stands out to me.

I think you're thinking of '02. Those 3 were freshmen in '00 and it was more Carrawell & Battier's team.

Yeah, that's why it stands out to me.

Yeah you're right. It was eventual national champ Maryland that FSU upset in 2001. Noles went 9-21 that year (good riddance, Steve Robinson) and one of the nine wins was at Maryland, lol.

ADVERTISEMENT