ADVERTISEMENT

Top 5 teams in your teams conference next year?

GE Nole

Sep 12, 2005
Obviously it’s very early. Yes, we all get that. But as of right now, which teams would you peg as the top five in your team’s conference?

Just give me some educated guesses. It will give me a starting point for when I do some offseason film watching.

For the ACC I’ll say:
Duke and UVA for sure.

Then it could be about 6 teams vying for the next 3, but for now I’ll go with Virginia Tech, UNC, and FSU, in no particular order.

Obviously it’s very early. Yes, we all get that. But as of right now, which teams would you peg as the top five in your team’s conference?

Just give me some educated guesses. It will give me a starting point for when I do some offseason film watching.

For the ACC I’ll say:
Duke and UVA for sure.

Then it could be about 6 teams vying for the next 3, but for now I’ll go with Virginia Tech, UNC, and FSU, in no particular order.

Heels should also fall under “for sure.” Will be just as good as the other two, if not better.

For the Big XII (still fluid)
It looks like it'll be (in no particular order)

Kansas
Best Virginia
Kansas State

Then Texas Tech and either Iowa State or Baylor would be my guess.
TCU and Oklahoma State have some salt too tho.
We never know what to expect from Texas, loads of talent, very little to show..

Early Top 5 Predictions Bolded

Reactions: doogie503
Heels should also fall under “for sure.” Will be just as good as the other two, if not better.

I agree. I’m not sold on this Duke team. Can Zion play defense? Will Bolden improve with more minutes? Barrett is the only one IMO that I worry about but all this can change.

Last edited:
For the Big XII (still fluid)
It looks like it'll be (in no particular order)

Kansas
Best Virginia
Kansas State

Then Texas Tech and either Iowa State or Baylor would be my guess.
TCU and Oklahoma State have some salt too tho.
We never know what to expect from Texas, loads of talent, very little to show..

Early Top 5 Predictions Bolded
WVU is going to take a huge step back next year. Tech won't even be in the top half of the league. They just lost way too much.

Maryland
Nebraska
Michigan
Purdue
Ohio State

If Indiana lands Romeo, theyll replace one of those teams.

Y’all are gonna lose Berry and Pinson and get significantly better than 11-7 in the league?

WVU is going to take a huge step back next year. Tech won't even be in the top half of the league. They just lost way too much.

5 BigXII teams better than West Virginia? Other schools are going to need to add some help (and WV to help them in losing both bigs).

West Virginia
Beetle Bolden
Teddy Allen
Wesley Harris
Esa Ahmed
Derek Culver
Sags Konate

Texas Tech
B. Francis-Ramirez
Deshawn Corprew
Jarrett Culver
Khavon Moore
Tariq Owens
Norense Odiase

Baylor ISU and TCU could be top 5, as stated in og post.
Oklahoma State will have 6 dudes total unless they sign some or a sleeper bench guy pops up, Oklahoma is a trainwreck.
Tech (and Texas because wtf knows what they'll do) could finish bottom 5, but I doubt West Virginia does.

Reactions: doogie503
You probably didn’t see UNC winning 2/3 against Duke either. This past year Duke couldn’t guard anyone and IMO Bagley/Carter are better than Zion, Barrett and Reddish.

Duke finished top 10 in kenpom defensive efficiency. Saying they couldn't guard anyone is a major hyperbole.

Reactions: GE Nole
Y’all are gonna lose Berry and Pinson and get significantly better than 11-7 in the league?
Little might be the best player in the class. Better than Berry and Pinson dreamt of being. White doesn’t have to be a world beater, but serviceable, even though I think he could be a beast. Maye is a year older. Cam was underrated imo. The centers are a year older. Williams can be an assassin. Yeah, I think the Heels are better than 11-7, and they could be much better. I think they will be.

What matters is you play the game on the court. How many titles has Kenpom won?

What are you going on about? Duke was suspect at times on D, but the tired comments about them sucking was quite obviously misguided. That's all I'm getting at. I made no mention about titles.

And I'm still not seeing UNC being on Duke's level next season.

What are you going on about? Duke was suspect at times on D, but the tired comments about them sucking was quite obviously misguided. That's all I'm getting at. I made no mention about titles.

And I'm still not seeing UNC being on Duke's level next season.

And you said that last season to I bet? We'll win on our home court and they will get us in Durham.

I don't know if we'll be better than 11-7...I think we may take a while to get off the ground. I think we finish as a better team next year than the 17/18 team.

And you said that last season to I bet? We'll win on our home court and they will get us in Durham.

So UNC caught lightning in a bottle a couple times against Duke this past season. I think anybody who watched this past season knows that Duke were the better team, however.

Little might be the best player in the class. Better than Berry and Pinson dreamt of being. White doesn’t have to be a world beater, but serviceable, even though I think he could be a beast. Maye is a year older. Cam was underrated imo. The centers are a year older. Williams can be an assassin. Yeah, I think the Heels are better than 11-7, and they could be much better. I think they will be.

I guess I’m not just not completely sold on your PG situation. That’s a bigger deal in Roy’s system than many other coaches.

Don’t get me wrong, I still think UNC could be a Final Four team. (Any top 10 team in the ACC could make a Final Four.) But I’ll be pretty dang impressed if UNC is better than 12-6 in the ACC.

Who are y’alls acc road games?

So UNC caught lighting in a bottle a couple times against Duke this past season. I think anybody who watched this past season knows that Duke were the better team, however.

They were odds on favorite to win the title and what happened? Catching lightning in a bottle twice means you were good, not lucky.

Wisconsin? What am I missing? Are they bringing in some studs?
No, but two rotation players who were injured and missed many games will be back, Kobe King and D'Mitrik Trice. And down the finishing stretch (last 7 games), Wisconsin played fairly well. I guess that's why people like us. I don't know if we will be top 5 in the B1G, but I expect that we'll be competing for an NCAA berth.

So UNC caught lightning in a bottle a couple times against Duke this past season. I think anybody who watched this past season knows that Duke were the better team, however.

Ehh. I don’t know that Duke was that much better. Both teams had games where they looked fantastic and games where they looked just solid.

I don't know if we'll be better than 11-7...I think we may take a while to get off the ground. I think we finish as a better team next year than the 17/18 team.

That seems completely logical. I could def see that.

I'll go out on a limb and say UVA won't go 20-1 in the ACC next year

No, but two rotation players who were injured and missed many games will be back, Kobe King and D'Mitrik Trice. And down the finishing stretch (last 7 games), Wisconsin played fairly well. I guess that's why people like us. I don't know if we will be top 5 in the B1G, but I expect that we'll be competing for an NCAA berth.

I could see y’all competing for an NCAA berth. For the sake of the Big 10, I hope y’all have more than 4 teams in the Dance.

Reactions: KisteK and buckymel
I guess I’m not just not completely sold on your PG situation. That’s a bigger deal in Roy’s system than many other coaches.

Don’t get me wrong, I still think UNC could be a Final Four team. (Any top 10 team in the ACC could make a Final Four.) But I’ll be pretty dang impressed if UNC is better than 12-6 in the ACC.

Who are y’alls acc road games?
Totally agree about the PG’s importance. But I believe in White, especially his hair.

No idea who they play on the road in conference. But, I think they’ll be top 3, if not win it. I mean, Roy knows how to win the ACC regular season title better than any coach since he’s been in CH.

Totally agree about the PG’s importance. But I believe in White, especially his hair.

No idea who they play on the road in conference. But, I think they’ll be top 3 though, if not win it. I mean, Roy knows how to win the regular season title better than any coach since he’s been in CH.

Fair enough. I mean I included UNC in the top 5 and said as high as 3, so it’s not like what I said is that much different.

FYI, the acc schedules were released a week or so ago. I know UNC doesn’t come to Tallahassee this year, so that’s a break for y’all. Duke does.

Reactions: 829305
Fair enough. I mean I included UNC in the top 5 and said as high as 3, so it’s not like what I said is that much different.

FYI, the acc schedules were released a week or so ago. I know UNC doesn’t come to Tallahassee this year, so that’s a break for y’all. Duke does.

It seems like every time we play you guys in your house we get our doors blowned off.

Boston College
Home/Road: Louisville, NC State, Notre Dame, Syracuse
Home: Florida State, Miami, North Carolina, Pitt, Virginia
Road: Clemson, Duke, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest

Clemson
Home/Road: Florida State, Georgia Tech, Pitt, Syracuse
Home: Boston College, North Carolina, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest
Road: Duke, Louisville, Miami, NC State, Notre Dame,

Duke
Home/Road: North Carolina, Syracuse, Virginia, Wake Forest
Home: Boston College, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Miami, NC State
Road: Florida State, Louisville, Notre Dame, Pitt, Virginia Tech

Florida State
Home/Road: Clemson, Georgia Tech, Miami, Wake Forest
Home: Duke, Louisville, NC State, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech
Road: Boston College, North Carolina, Pitt, Syracuse, Virginia

Georgia Tech
Home/Road: Clemson, Florida State, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech
Home: Boston College, Louisville, North Carolina, Pitt, Wake Forest
Road: Duke, Miami, NC State, Syracuse, Virginia

Louisville
Home/Road: Boston College, North Carolina, Pitt, Virginia
Home: Clemson, Duke, Miami, NC State, Notre Dame
Road: Florida State, Georgia Tech, Syracuse, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest

Miami
Home/Road: Florida State, North Carolina, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest
Home: Clemson, Georgia Tech, NC State, Notre Dame, Pitt
Road: Boston College, Duke, Louisville, Syracuse, Virginia

North Carolina
Home/Road: Duke, Louisville, Miami, NC State
Home: Florida State, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Virginia, Virginia Tech
Road: Boston College, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Pitt, Wake Forest

NC State
Home/Road: Boston College, North Carolina, Pitt, Wake Forest
Home: Clemson, Georgia Tech, Syracuse, Virginia, Virginia Tech
Road: Duke, Florida State, Louisville, Miami, Notre Dame

Notre Dame
Home/Road: Boston College, Georgia Tech, Virginia, Virginia Tech
Home: Clemson, Duke, NC State, Syracuse, Wake Forest
Road: Florida State, Louisville, Miami, North Carolina, Pitt

Pitt
Home/Road: Clemson, Louisville, NC State, Syracuse
Home: Duke, Florida State, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech
Road: Boston College, Georgia Tech, Miami, Virginia, Wake Forest

Syracuse
Home/Road: Boston College, Clemson, Duke, Pitt
Home: Florida State, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Miami, Virginia
Road: North Carolina, NC State, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest

Virginia
Home/Road: Duke, Louisville, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech
Home: Florida State, Georgia Tech, Miami, Pitt, Wake Forest
Road: Boston College, Clemson, North Carolina, NC State, Syracuse

Virginia Tech
Home/Road: Georgia Tech, Miami, Notre Dame, Virginia
Home: Boston College, Duke, Louisville, Syracuse, Wake Forest
Road: Clemson, Florida State, North Carolina, NC State, Pitt

Wake Forest
Home/Road: Duke, Florida State, Miami, NC State
Home: Boston College, Louisville, North Carolina, Pitt, Syracuse
Road: Clemson, Georgia Tech, Notre Dame, Virginia, Virginia Tech

It seems like every time we play you guys in your house we get our doors blowned off.

Well, FSU is 31-2 at home the last two years and 41-6 the last three. So...a lot of teams walk away losers. But yeah, we play particularly well against UNC, Duke, UF, and Miami at home.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT