ADVERTISEMENT

Things worse than losing to Duke by more than 30..

Don’t you mean 1999 to 2011?
UK wasn’t in the 2009 final 4.

Nah. UK choked in 2010. But was the best team that season. I can’t group John Wall and Demarcus Cousins in with Bobby Petty and Sherray Thomas.

2003 and 2004 were certainly up to Kentucky standards. Tournament didn’t pan out for either, but definitely elite teams

Nah. UK choked in 2010. But was the best team that season. I can’t group John Wall and Demarcus Cousins in with Bobby Petty and Sherray Thomas.

2003 and 2004 were certainly up to Kentucky standards. Tournament didn’t pan out for either, but definitely elite teams
YOU can lump them wherever you want. The facts don’t change... UK didn’t make the final 4 from 1999 till 2011

YOU can lump them wherever you want. The facts don’t change... UK didn’t make the final 4 from 1999 till 2011

I CAN absolutely do that because I’m making the criteria for what I consider a good team. I’d consider Kentucky in a down year for majority of 1999-2009 with the exception of 2003, 2004 and arguably 2005. Kentucky 2010 would’ve beaten all those teams, except for 2003 perhaps.

Losing to Tennessee by 30+?

I mean, that sucks... but if Tennessee beats Kentucky by 30+ it’s not going to lead to UT getting recruits over Kentucky (at least with Calipari here). Just the fact Duke fans can walk around and feel like they are on the same level as Kentucky pisses me off. Not many programs even have an argument.

I mean, that sucks... but if Tennessee beats Kentucky by 30+ it’s not going to lead to UT getting recruits over Kentucky (at least with Calipari here). Just the fact Duke fans can walk around and feel like they are on the same level as Kentucky pisses me off. Not many programs even have an argument.
They are on the same level as Uk...
Both Duke and UK have elite BB programs.

Which is kind of dumb, seeing as it didn’t lure any recruits in.
On top of paying for the girls to actually be there Coaches were giving players and recruits money to throw on underage girls dancing and having secks with them

It is very hard for UK to claim NCAAT scoreboard over Duke when a certain Duke/UK moment is the defining moment of the NCAA tournament. Like, I get that scoreboard just means “most recent” but I still have a hard time looking at Duke and UK in the tournament in the last thirty years, from Christian up to 38-1, and saying “Ah well, UK has one up on Duke in the tourney!”

You really are the biggest dooshbag poaster on Rivals.

Reactions: AWilli6995
On top of paying for the girls to actually be there Coaches were giving players and recruits money to throw on underage girls dancing and having secks with them
Allegedly. Probably didn't happen, but I get cats fans like to create their own narrative brought about by a whore who wrote a book that was 85% fiction..:rolleyes:

1040.jpg

Waking up next to this hottie

@TheDude1 how did you guys meet again?

I don't think most people walk around in any particular way based on all-time things. Like, Nova fans aren't slumping their shoulders b/c they only have 3 national championships. They won the last one.

Reactions: UNC71-00 and tw3301
Losing a florida election because of illegals and dead peoples votes.

Saying Duke is on the same level right now as Kentucky?
I misinterpreted the post. Thought the poster was saying UT is on the same level as UK. I would agree Duke is on the same level. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

At least three programs have been on Kentucky's level in the modern era.

I don't think Duke fans are hanging their heads wishing they had a few titles in the 40s

Reactions: jhmossy
There are far worse. Besides what did he say in the post you quoted that was without some merit?

Just his style of poasting, especially as he talks about Laettner's shot being comparable to UK's total number of nattys. Really? No one other than that fool would make such a comparison. And furthermore Jenkins shot was much more iconic than the Laettner shot to everyone who isn't a Duke homer.

The guy is just an asshat. He's the only Duke poaster on this board who I feel that way about too, so it's not a Duke-Carolina thaing.

Taking time to try and schedule Duke coming to your school in the non con.

Jenkins shot was much more iconic than the Laettner shot to everyone who isn't a Duke homer.
For such a subjective opinion, you present it in an arrogantly objective way. Jenkins shot may have been more impactful because it was for the championship and not for a trip to the FF. But the Duke and Kentucky game had so much more buildup than the unc and Villanova game. Also, Duke obviously would not have gone on to win the championship without the shot. So the end result is the same.

The fact that Laettner hit that shot in that game against Kentucky makes it iconic. If you have the opinion that the Jenkins shot was more iconic, that's fine, but to say that only a Duke homer would disagree is really silly. We'll revisit this in 30 years and see if there are "I still hate Kris Jenkins" T shirts and bleeding buttholes everytime unc plays Villanova.

For such a subjective opinion, you present it in an arrogantly objective way. Jenkins shot may have been more impactful because it was for the championship and not for a trip to the FF. But the Duke and Kentucky game had so much more buildup than the unc and Villanova game. Also, Duke obviously would not have gone on to win the championship without the shot. So the end result is the same.

The fact that Laettner hit that shot in that game against Kentucky makes it iconic. If you have the opinion that the Jenkins shot was more iconic, that's fine, but to say that only a Duke homer would disagree is really silly. We'll revisit this in 30 years and see if there are "I still hate Kris Jenkins" T shirts and bleeding buttholes everytime unc plays Villanova.
Let's just cut to the chase and be concise.. No one cares about UNC or Villanova. That shot matters because UK/Duke > anyone else.

Seriously, it's not a huge secret.

Here's proof. We're still talking about it 20+ years later.

Bleeding buttholes is a stretch, pun intended. That ragtag group of Wildcats had no business being in that position to begin with. They were way over-matched in size and talent. Heart is the only thing that carried them that far, which is why they are one of the most beloved teams in UK history. A bunch of unathletic, no-talent Kentucky kids and Mashburn. Laughing

Of course there won’t be “I Hate Kris Jenkins” shirts because a) Jenkins is by most accounts a good dude whereas Laettner by most accounts is a typical Dukie and b) typical Carolina fans aren’t going to be hung up on something from 30 years ago like typical UK fans.

And there was not more buildup or anything of the sort. You have been brainwashed by a media which (understandably) promotes Duke.

Let's just cut to the chase and be concise.. No one cares about UNC or Villanova. That shot matters because UK/Duke > anyone else.

Seriously, it's not a huge secret.

Here's proof. We're still talking about it 20+ years later.

Nice one.

And as long as Duke and UK fans exist on message boards, it will continue to be discussed.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
What else would you do if not?
I don't even want to imagine UK being irrelevant.

Give me the best insults over ignoring every day. At least with insults, ppl are still thinking of our team. No one makes digs at Notre Dame. No one gives a shit about Notre Dame.

I don't even want to imagine UK being irrelevant.

Give me the best insults over ignoring every day. At least with insults, ppl are still thinking of our team. No one makes digs at Notre Dame. No one gives a shit about Notre Dame.
That is why so many rival fans were furious once Tubby left (on his own). "He was such a nice guy and a great ambassador of the game and you all ran him out of town!" Yeah, they wanted him to stay because UK was irrelevant once Pitino's players were gone. Shocker, right? Laughing Not like IU level irrelevant, but certainly by UK standards.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
And there was not more buildup or anything of the sort. You have been brainwashed by a media which (understandably) promotes Duke.
There absolutely was. I am not talking about pregame hype buildup. I am talking about the game itself. Back and forth for long stretches as opposed to Villanova being in control for most of the game until unc went on their run. Laettner's love tap/chest stomp. Less time. Down court out of bounds pass as opposed to Jenkins going unguarded from inbounds until the shot. Much more iconic game than unc vs Villanova. It was a great game, especially the outcome. Paige hitting that shot only to be followed by Jenkins stabbing his heart was epic. Just isn't quite there with Duke vs Kentucky. Only a tar heel would claim it is.

Yeah, no. In ten years when you say "The Jenkins shot" or "The Maye shot" most people won't know what you mean. The Laettner shot, partially just because of its own weight and age, is still The Shot in college basketball. That might change someday, although it will take a perfect storm of legendary programs and legendary players and a legendary storyline for both sides and then decades of repetition in public media that isn't quite replicated nowadays in the same way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT