ADVERTISEMENT

The Vilest of Basketball Programs

This thread tho….

We've got the b1g honk completely dismissing Payne's interview where he admits the woman didn't (or couldn't) give consent and the boys kept raping her anyway. Remind me again of the "punishment" for these stud frosh..

And honey, Kansas isn't labeling itself as a "victim", the FBI did that.
Any fan would love to use that term should they get named such in this investigation.

Vick kicked a chick in the face, struck her arm, sat two games, two years probation, and had to take additional coursework.. what he did was horrible, but it pales when you listen to the Payne tape, read the victim's story.

Then a Kentucky comes out and boasts stories (no links) of basketball player(s) and sexual assault(s).
I'd need a link, because the only one I can think of is the one where a fraction of the team was listed as (possible) witnesses after the act..

The tiers are cute tho.

We've even got Phog the Racist. Which, is a first for me.
I know he and his sons used to get black players served in places that refused to serve blacks..
If anything, Allen stood up for his (black) players, from the beginning, and you can find that with an easy Google search. Not sure if even one player has ever linked racism to Phog.. unlike other head coachessss.

Also, back in the 60s, and esp in the south, having no black players (early) doesn't nec mean the coach was a racist. Not defending Rupp or others, but if high boosters and/or administrators were racist that could have delayed the integration for (certain) school teams.

Even with the disgusting coverups that did happen at MSU, Baylor still looks down, uses binoculars, at his competition itt.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
He’s uneducated.

When I asked for specific examples of any of the coaches covering up a sexual assault, I got nothing.

All he did was bring up the Adrian Payne case, where as, when no charges are filed, according to team policy, no action could be taken.

Numerous sexual assaults by MSU athletes have been covered up by the entire working MSU network over the years.

In 2015, 3 MSU basketball players raped a female. When she reported it, MSU counselors tried convincing her not to go forward. This is just one of many sexual assault victims on MSU's campus who claims that they were actively discouraged from going forward with claims once MSU found out the alleged perps were athletes.

This tweet is self exolanatory. Basically going all in on covering up sexual assaults with a brash arrogance bordering on open stupidity.

http://www.wilx.com/content/news/At...an-Nassar-have-yet-to-be-heard-486365551.html

From the article:

"Outrage continues after recently released e-mails show Engler criticizing Nassar survivors. In one e-mail, Engler suggests survivor Rachael Dehollander is receiving kickbacks from attorneys.

Karen Truszkowski, an attorney for other accusers of sexual assault on campus unrelated to Nassar, issued a statement to News 10.

Truszkowski says she’s looking into additional claims of sexual assault at Michigan State University and that victims of people more powerful than Larry Nassar have yet to be heard.

Read the complete statement below:

“Yesterday's MSU Board of Trustees meeting saw the approval of the Nassar settlement and an appearance of compassion as some members seemed to listen to the voices of the many women who were harmed. The remaining Trustees choose to stand with Engler and his record for maligning victims and creating greater harm in a time when thoughtful, purposeful and compassionate leadership, based upon integrity, is paramount. There are other voices - victims of people more powerful than Larry Nassar - who have yet to be heard. These voices have been silenced through intimidation to protect those with greater power and status. The Nassar victims can no longer legally require answers from officials regarding the culture of abuse. However, on behalf of my clients and others whose voices have been silenced by fear, I will ask those questions. It is in the best interest of the students, staff, and taxpayers of Michigan to examine the toxic culture that has fostered decades of abuse of MSU students. I am also examining the role of the NCAA and actionable claims as it relates to female Spartan athletes being violently assaulted by their male counterparts.

Seriously, MSU is a cult. If you stand with MSU, then you ARE part of the problem.

@Mgkcbb comes out of purgatory to take shoots at MSU

giphy.gif

Reactions: MGC_07
Numerous sexual assaults by MSU athletes have been covered up by the entire working MSU network over the years.

In 2015, 3 MSU basketball players raped a female. When she reported it, MSU counselors tried convincing her not to go forward. This is just one of many sexual assault victims on MSU's campus who claims that they were actively discouraged from going forward with claims once MSU found out the alleged perps were athletes.

This tweet is self exolanatory. Basically going all in on covering up sexual assaults with a brash arrogance bordering on open stupidity.

http://www.wilx.com/content/news/At...an-Nassar-have-yet-to-be-heard-486365551.html

From the article:

"Outrage continues after recently released e-mails show Engler criticizing Nassar survivors. In one e-mail, Engler suggests survivor Rachael Dehollander is receiving kickbacks from attorneys.

Karen Truszkowski, an attorney for other accusers of sexual assault on campus unrelated to Nassar, issued a statement to News 10.

Truszkowski says she’s looking into additional claims of sexual assault at Michigan State University and that victims of people more powerful than Larry Nassar have yet to be heard.

Read the complete statement below:

“Yesterday's MSU Board of Trustees meeting saw the approval of the Nassar settlement and an appearance of compassion as some members seemed to listen to the voices of the many women who were harmed. The remaining Trustees choose to stand with Engler and his record for maligning victims and creating greater harm in a time when thoughtful, purposeful and compassionate leadership, based upon integrity, is paramount. There are other voices - victims of people more powerful than Larry Nassar - who have yet to be heard. These voices have been silenced through intimidation to protect those with greater power and status. The Nassar victims can no longer legally require answers from officials regarding the culture of abuse. However, on behalf of my clients and others whose voices have been silenced by fear, I will ask those questions. It is in the best interest of the students, staff, and taxpayers of Michigan to examine the toxic culture that has fostered decades of abuse of MSU students. I am also examining the role of the NCAA and actionable claims as it relates to female Spartan athletes being violently assaulted by their male counterparts.

Seriously, MSU is a cult. If you stand with MSU, then you ARE part of the problem.
I think you aren’t understanding my point.

My point isn’t saying that nothing happened at MSU. That’s Ignorant and false. I am not talking about Nassar and I’m not talking about the mis-handler sexual assault reports.

What I’m saying is, Tom Izzo and Mark Dantonio should not be fired for this and, to this point, have done absolutely nothing wrong.

I completely agree with everything you are saying @Mgkcbb, however, what I was saying was that I had asked for specific reports of Sexual Assualt covered up by either atom Izzo or Mark Dantonio, and I got nothing.

I think you aren’t understanding my point.

My point isn’t saying that nothing happened at MSU. That’s Ignorant and false. I am not talking about Nassar and I’m not talking about the mis-handler sexual assault reports.

What I’m saying is, Tom Izzo and Mark Dantonio should not be fired for this and, to this point, have done absolutely nothing wrong.

I completely agree with everything you are saying @Mgkcbb, however, what I was saying was that I had asked for specific reports of Sexual Assualt covered up by either atom Izzo or Mark Dantonio, and I got nothing.

Why would you need specific reports of Izzo and Dantonio covering up things themselves when numerous victims have claimed the university as a whole cooperates to cover up claims by them accusing athletes?

Are you really naive enough to think Izzo wasn't aware of 3 of his basketball players raping a girl in 2015?

This is essentially saying well OJ wasn't found guilty so until you find me a specific example of him being found guilty you can't call him a murderer.

Why would you need specific reports of Izzo and Dantonio covering up things themselves when numerous victims have claimed the university as a whole cooperates to cover up claims by them accusing athletes?

Are you really naive enough to think Izzo wasn't aware of 3 of his basketball players raping a girl in 2015?

This is essentially saying well OJ wasn't found guilty so until you find me a specific example of him being found guilty you can't call him a murderer.

Terrible comparison.

There are 0 reports or anything coming out saying Dantonio and Izzo did anything wrong.

Again, I am not defending the university as a whole, but these 2 men who coach sports and 0 things have come out against them, I really do not think they did anything wrong at all.

Do you believe Mark Dantonio and Tom Izzo helped cover up sexual assault? I think very clearly from everything I’ve heard this is an issue with how it was handled at the top. I’m just quite confused with the group of people with the pitchforks that want to take the whole thing down when to this point I have seen a specific area of concern, how it was handled when reported at the top.

It’s like finding out you need to fix your roof so you knock the whole house down.

Also, the 2015 case, there has been literally no news out of it whatsoever. To this point, with 0 legal action taken, this is an accusation.

Here was Tom Izzos response when asked about Nassar:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-spt-tom-izzo-aly-raisman-20180121-story.html

Answering reporters’ questions about the case on Friday, Izzo said it had been a “difficult week for me” and he hoped “the right person was convicted.”

Nassar, a former Olympic team doctor, pleaded guilty to multiple counts of sexual assault in a high-profile sexual molestation case where more than 100 women, including Raisman, have said he sexually abused them.

Lynn Raisman wrote Saturday on her social media account, “Dear Tom Izzo, I’m sorry it’s been a difficult week for you. Did you hear, Larry Nassar also said it was difficult. Since you ‘hope the right person was convicted’ I wonder if you are a complete and total MORON or just a LIAR when you claim you listened to the impact statements

2:25-
"The abuse of Larry Nassar began 30 years ago with me. For 30 years, people at the USOC, USA gymnastics, and Michigan State university all placed money and medals above the safety of child athletes."

6:55
"1998, 99, 2000, 2004, 2011, 2013, 2014, 105, 2016. All these years, we spoke up about the abuse of Larry Nassar. We were told

'you are wrong, it's ok, he's a doctor. Don't worry, we've got it covered. Be careful, there are risks involved."

The intention? To silence us in favor of money, medals, and reputation."

Again, alot of schools have cheated. They've paid money to athletes (is that really so bad the more you think of it?), helped with phony classes, and other minor things compared to Michigan State.

The answer to the question in this thread is, without a doubt, the university that has silenced and intimidated sexual assault victims for years in order to protect it's brand and the reputation of the officials and athletes there.

"The abuse of Larry Nassar began 30 years ago with me. For 30 years, people at the USOC, USA gymnastics, and Michigan State university all placed money and medals above the safety of child athletes."

"1998, 99, 2000, 2004, 2011, 2013, 2014, 105, 2016. All these years, we spoke up about the abuse of Larry Nassar. We were told

'you are wrong, it's ok, he's a doctor. Don't worry, we've got it covered. Be careful, there are risks involved."

Again, alot of schools have cheated. They've paid money to athletes (is that really so bad the more you think of it?), helped with phony classes, and other minor things compared to Michigan State.

The answer to the question in this thread is, without a doubt, the university that has silenced and intimidated sexual assault victims for years in order to protect it's brand and the reputation of the officials and athletes there.
Nobody is disagreeing with you here man. That was quite powerful to watch. What happened with Nassar was a tragedy and he deserves the death sentence.

But again, I have never defended Nassar, or anything about that case. No one is disagreeing with anything your saying.

Reactions: tw3301

Nobody is disagreeing with you here man. That was quite powerful to watch. What happened with Nassar was a tragedy and he deserves the death sentence.

But again, I have never defended Nassar, or anything about that case. No one is disagreeing with anything your saying.
unfortunately, most people here are confusing their opinions on legal matters with their hatred for another sports team and its coach. Imo all that does is show they aren't able to step back and realize their not being rational!
I'm not a fan of Michigan state, but until something comes out showing either of them had anything to do with this, its beyond idiotic to think they deserve to lose their job. They want to convict them on the charge of guilt by association. Fortunately, that's not how we do things here.

Reactions: MGC_07
Looks like Ohio State just had 100 former students accuse a doctor of sexual abuse. B1G seems to be the home of some serious molesters.

This is a big hit for UK basketball fans as about 75% of them double as Ohio State football fans.

Reactions: Upset Alert

I would hope you've never defended Nassar like Izzo did, the man literally pleaded guilty to the crimes he's accused of committing. Would be a despicable stance to take, defending Nassar.

unfortunately, most people here are confusing their opinions on legal matters with their hatred for another sports team and its coach. Imo all that does is show they aren't able to step back and realize their not being rational!
I'm not a fan of Michigan state, but until something comes out showing either of them had anything to do with this, its beyond idiotic to think they deserve to lose their job. They want to convict them on the charge of guilt by association. Fortunately, that's not how we do things here.
You put into words exactly how I feel on this issue. I try to explain that when nothing bad is brought against somebody, I don’t think they should be fired.

I have just asked repeatedly for any claims coming out saying that Izzo and Dantonio covered up sexual assault, and there is nobody claiming that, besides 40 year old men wanting to see MSU burn.

I would hope you've never defended Nassar like Izzo did, the man literally pleaded guilty to the crimes he's accused of committing. Would be a despicable stance to take, defending Nassar.
What? Izzo never defended Nassar. Please cite examples of Izzo defending Nassar. I just looked that up and all I got was a mother of a gymnast calling Izzo and moron for saying it’s been a tough week for him. Then he corrected himself and said that Nassar is terrible and he can’t even imagine being them.

I’m sorry, but you are making baseless claim after baseless claim. Please, only post if you are sure it is TRUE, not what you want to be true.

Also, I personally do not know a single MSU fan that has ever defended Nassar. Or a single human being.

Looks like Ohio State just had 100 former students accuse a doctor of sexual abuse. B1G seems to be the home of some serious molesters.

This is a big hit for UK basketball fans as about 75% of them double as Ohio State football fans.

maybe in and around Cincinnati but not in the rest of the state
you just can't resist taking a shot at UK

RENT FREE

What? Izzo never defended Nassar. Please cite examples of Izzo defending Nassar. I just looked that up and all I got was a mother of a gymnast calling Izzo and moron for saying it’s been a tough week for him. Then he corrected himself and said that Nassar is terrible and he can’t even imagine being them.

I’m sorry, but you are making baseless claim after baseless claim. Please, only post if you are sure it is TRUE, not what you want to be true.

I've already posted an example where Izzo claims he hopes they got the right guy when asked about Nassar. It's what infuriated that mother of a victim so much, was he implied Nassar might be innocent.

I've already posted an example where Izzo claims he hopes they got the right guy when asked about Nassar. It's what infuriated that mother of a victim so much, was he implied Nassar might be innocent.
You missed the part where he then corrected himself and said he meant that they got he whole problem so nothing like this happens again. That was his point.

Also, having our coach say he hopes they got the right guy, It simply doesn’t other me at all. If he said I thinks he’s innocent, then yeah, but he didn’t.

You missed the part where he then corrected himself and said he meant that they got he whole problem so nothing like this happens again. That was his point.

Also, having our coach say he hopes they got the right guy, It simply doesn’t other me at all. If he said I thinks he’s innocent, then yeah, but he didn’t.

When Izzo said it, there had already been a victim impact panel where numerous victims testified and recounted what Nassar did to them in detail.

Nassar had already pleaded guilty as well. So it was a very strange and somewhat despicable thing to say, regardless of whether it bothers you as a blind Michigan State supporter or not.

EDIT: Also, you are extremely biased here. No offense, of course, but your opinion can be taken with a grain of salt on this matter because it's clear you're more interested in blindly defending Michigan State athletics and trying to discredit both ESPN and other media outlets reporting on MSU football and basketball athletes and the many assaults that have been swept under the rug as well as all the many victims who have claimed football and basketball athletes have sexually assaulted them and claimed the university actively tried silencing them.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Not here on southern Ohio.
I lived 5 minutes from Cincinnati and was, and am, still a UK football fan. I get what you're saying though, many of those frauds are UK basketball and OSU football fans. In all fairness, I don't exactly see many people rocking Duke football gear, either.

Doesn't Commonwealth have a capacity of like 68,000? So, what's your point? It was an average of 54,000 in 2016 at Cardinal Stadium. I blame Trump, Schnatter, and Bevin, and Zipp.

Doesn't Commonwealth have a capacity of like 68,000? So, what's your point? It was an average of 54,000 in 2016 at Cardinal Stadium. I blame Trump, Schnatter, and Bevin, and Zipp.
67K. Papa John's is 65K. The point is that your flame attempt backfired.

Interested to see the numbers from both programs next season. Us having are weird feud with Papa hitler, and you guys hoping Stoops won't be a bust. There was a lot of excitement upon his hire in 2013, also taking you guys to two straight bowl games.

Interested to see the numbers from both programs next season. Us having are weird feud with Papa hitler, and you guys hoping Stoops won't be a bust. There was a lot of excitement upon his hire in 2013, also taking you guys to two straight bowl games.
Papa John lost his mind all of the sudden, now says he regrets it, blah, blah, blah. I doubt that will really affect anything though. Stoops is a turd, overall. But, it doesn't really matter who coaches UK, the best they can ever hope for is a mid-tier bowl anyway. It's not like they will ever be able to consistently compete with Florida, UGA, Bama, LSU, etc, etc .

It was 55,000 last season, the expansion is set for this upcoming season. So, no it didn't really backfire. Comprehension Kev, comprehension.
Well capacity doesn't really matter when attendance isn't close to capacity anyway, now does it? Winking It's not like people were lined up to get in but they didn't have enough seats.

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
ADVERTISEMENT