ADVERTISEMENT

The Vilest of Basketball Programs

KYtotheCore

Jan 5, 2010
Anytown, USA
Whatever criteria you choose. Academics, coach, fans, scandals etc. Who do you think has the absolute most-despicable reputation and why ?

I had been thinking about this since the Tom Crean thread, which led to how many people not liking Bobby Knight, then the vitriol about UNC, then UL having their issues. Some hate Calipari, and some even still hate Rupp. Then you have the whole Duke entitlement haters.

It's a lot to process. Just kinda wanted to put a visual on it all.

emma-watson-hermione-granger-thinking.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: UK!!!
Cuse. NCAA sanctions on two separate occassions in the last two decades-ish. Murdered the real Big East by leaving for the ACC. Head coach picks his nose and is mean to the media. 2-3 zone is an affront to basketball.

Duke, the trippers, the belly stompers, the foot stompers, floor slappin, floppin, and one and done ruining basketball....

Michigan State. Employees of that school have sexually assaulted countless women, and even a dog, and seemingly every coach and many other employees have allegedly played a part in covering it up. I don't know how it's not Michigan State.

-We have a school that has taken players, recruits, and their parents and provided sex shows to them. In some instances the recruits were underage in some instances the girls were underage.

-we have a school that has covered up sexual assault on young girls

-we have a school that has covered up murder.

Take your pick

Michigan State. Employees of that school have sexually assaulted countless women, and even a dog, and seemingly every coach and many other employees have allegedly played a part in covering it up. I don't know how it's not Michigan State.
I agree about most of that, but can you please explain exactly what Mark Dantonio and Tom Izzo did to cover up sexual assault. Like how exactly did they in anyway try to have nobody find out about it and cover it up. Please provide examples.

-We have a school that has taken players, recruits, and their parents and provided sex shows to them. In some instances the recruits were underage in some instances the girls were underage.

Take your pick
I guarantee that Kentucky has used a few female “hostess’s” before, don’t kid yourself.

Take your pick

I think from a purely moral standpoint:

Michigan State, Baylor, and Louisville are your worst schools. A lot of morally corrupt things went on at those schools, and the brass at those schools all made efforts to cover up the misdeeds. There are no two ways about it, either. I can't speak for Michigan or Texas residents, but the whole 'Tom Jurich strong-armed the media in Kentucky to cover things up' angle was completely true, and once Jurich was cut loose, there were media members who addressed the truth in this, as well. Louisville did the right thing by purging the filth from that school. I talk a ton of shit about Louisville to Louisville fans, and I'm going to heckle them if they're bad still, but ridding the athletics department of Jurich and Pitino, and completely revamping the administration at the university was the right move, and it's better for the state as a whole.

Kansas probably falls into this next tier. There have been plenty of negative stories coming out of that school, a lot of them coming from the basketball program. Read a few stories of sexual assaults occurring, and other things like destruction of property as an example.

I'm not even taking into account the academic fraud scandal of UNC or the schools that have been brought up by the FBI investigation (and while the investigation is incomplete, I really have no room to point fingers and say that any particular school is guilty, because I just don't know if they actually are.)

I guarantee that Kentucky has used a few female “hostess’s” before, don’t kid yourself.

Generally speaking, there are parties going on. It's college, of course these kids that visit these schools are attending these things. What's so damn strange in the case of Louisville is that the coaches went and funded these parties and got prostitutes (many were under-aged as well). I can't see many college coaches buying a kid a freaking hooker.

The thing that always puzzled me was how U of L mostly covered up the death of a cheerleader in a football player's dorm. Like I said though, regardless of how much Jurich moved Louisville athletic forward, he went about it the wrong way to the detriment of many, many people across the entire state. I think Louisville is absolutely making progress in getting away from those things though, and kudos to the school for doing that.

I agree about most of that, but can you please explain exactly what Mark Dantonio and Tom Izzo did to cover up sexual assault. Like how exactly did they in anyway try to have nobody find out about it and cover it up. Please provide examples.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/open-mike/os-sp-michigan-state-baylor-20180127-story.html

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id...on-michigan-state-goes-larry-nassar-case-espn

Reactions: Mgkcbb
I think from a purely moral standpoint:

Michigan State, Baylor, and Louisville are your worst schools. A lot of morally corrupt things went on at those schools, and the brass at those schools all made efforts to cover up the misdeeds. There are no two ways about it, either. I can't speak for Michigan or Texas residents, but the whole 'Tom Jurich strong-armed the media in Kentucky to cover things up' angle was completely true, and once Jurich was cut loose, there were media members who addressed the truth in this, as well. Louisville did the right thing by purging the filth from that school. I talk a ton of shit about Louisville to Louisville fans, and I'm going to heckle them if they're bad still, but ridding the athletics department of Jurich and Pitino, and completely revamping the administration at the university was the right move, and it's better for the state as a whole.

Kansas probably falls into this next tier. There have been plenty of negative stories coming out of that school, a lot of them coming from the basketball program. Read a few stories of sexual assaults occurring, and other things like destruction of property as an example.

I'm not even taking into account the academic fraud scandal of UNC or the schools that have been brought up by the FBI investigation (and while the investigation is incomplete, I really have no room to point fingers and say that any particular school is guilty, because I just don't know if they actually are.)

Generally speaking, there are parties going on. It's college, of course these kids that visit these schools are attending these things. What's so damn strange in the case of Louisville is that the coaches went and funded these parties and got prostitutes (many were under-aged as well). I can't see many college coaches buying a kid a freaking hooker.

The thing that always puzzled me was how U of L mostly covered up the death of a cheerleader in a football player's dorm. Like I said though, regardless of how much Jurich moved Louisville athletic forward, he went about it the wrong way to the detriment of many, many people across the entire state. I think Louisville is absolutely making progress in getting away from those things though, and kudos to the school for doing that.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/open-mike/os-sp-michigan-state-baylor-20180127-story.html

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id...on-michigan-state-goes-larry-nassar-case-espn
I guess your reading skills aren’t very strong.

When I directly ask about what specifically Tom Izzo and Mark Dantonio did to cover up sexual asssult, I get nothing. Just baseless claims by people who want MSU’s athletic department to be shut down and/or go to shit.

Thanks for proving my point though. I always ask this question when people say Mark Dantonio and Tom Izzo should be fired/ had something to do with this. I want specific examples. The Payne incident is constantly brought up, because of TEAM POLICY, if no charges were brought against them, they COULD NOT be kicked off the team or any action taken. Izzo has nothing to do with this, like at all. He could not have done anything about it, because no one filed ANY CHARGES.

Everything that happened at MSU was terrible and we got rid of the people who were at fault. But please, don’t make some innocent people scape goats because you want to see MSU burn.

Reactions: GriffTannen
When something like that happens in an athletic department it leaves you wondering about every one involved in it

When something like that happens in an athletic department it leaves you wondering about every one involved in it
Correct, but you can’t say Izzo and Dantonio covered up sexual assault and rape when there is LITERALLY NO PROOF. There is no proof what so ever that either of them did anything of the sort whatsoever.

If someone can show legitimate proof or evidence that Mark Dantonio or Tom Izzo covered up sexual assault, I will call for them to be fired louder than anyone.

Correct, but you can’t say Izzo and Dantonio covered up sexual assault and rape when there is LITERALLY NO PROOF. There is no proof what so ever that either of them did anything of the sort whatsoever.

If someone can show legitimate proof or evidence that Mark Dantonio or Tom Izzo covered up sexual assault, I will call for them to be fired louder than anyone.

I think its funny to hear fans of other teams say that they should be fired because they should have known, or because it looks suspicious.

However, you have:

Louisville fans used to say that Pitino shouldn't be fired because he didn't know that there was a prostitution scandal happening in the players dorms.

Kansas fans say that they were the victim in this current scandal.

UNC fans say that Roy shouldn't be punished because the academic scandal happened so many years before he got there he didn't know about it.

Duke fans say that the player who bought that very expensive jewelry a few years ago, really could afford it.

And the very best one is....Calipari isn't a cheater because he never was named by the NCAA when his final 4s were vacated at his 2 previous school's.

I think its funny to hear fans of other teams say that they should be fired because they should have known, or because it looks suspicious.

However, you have:

Louisville fans used to say that Pitino shouldn't be fired because he didn't know that there was a prostitution scandal happening in the players dorms.

UNC fans say that Roy shouldn't be punished because the academic scandal happened so many years before he got there he didn't know about it.

Duke fans say that the player who bought that very expensive jewelry a few years ago, really could afford it.

And the very best one is....Calipari isn't a cheater because he never was named by the NCAA when his final 4s were vacated at his 2 previous school's.
You comparing anything to the coverup that happened at Michigan state tells me all I need to know. Please exit the conversation

However, you have:

You comparing anything to the coverup that happened at Michigan state tells me all I need to know. Please exit the conversation

Lol seems like you're getting pretty defensive here, I guess you caught yourself saying one of these things before?

When did I compare the situations? I just pointed out how hypocritical you are when nothing at all has said either one of these coaches had anything to do with the situation, but you still want them fired. But yet, you argue till you're out of breath about the issues at your own school in my last post.

Just admit that you're hypocritical and we can all move on. And before you assume, no, I'm not a fan of Michigan state. But acting like someone should lose their job over something they had zero control over is ridiculous! Since I dont follow them, if something more is out there showing they did help cover if up....then that's a different story. But nothing I've seen before, or in this thread has shown that.

Reactions: MGC_07
You clearly aren’t getting the point.

Do you genuinely believe that Izzo and Dantonio should lose there jobs, with absolutely ZERO evidence they did anything wrong whatsoever.

However, you have:

that is not exactly correct
the NCAA said Cal was innocent, so he was actually named and you would assume investigated
i am not going to do your work for you, but if you really want to know the facts, look up the letters the NCAA sent to both Umass and Memphis

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

However, you have:

that is not exactly correct
the NCAA said Cal was innocent, so he was actually named and you would assume investigated
i am not going to do your work for you, but if you really want to know the facts, look up the letters the NCAA sent to both Umass and Memphis

Okay, then I assume, because you hold the abilities and ethics of the NCAA so highly there isn't any past examples where they screwed up completely? Am I correct to assume that you actually DO believe Pitino when he says he didn't know about the prostitution and also about giving money out at UL?

Also do you agree with them when they didn't punish UNC for the academic scandal that was going on for over a decade?

The NCAA has shown poor judgment time after time throughout the years...time after time.

But okay, let's act like since the NCAA didn't find the smoking bullet, there isn't one...

Reactions: Ameoba Offense
Okay, then I assume, because you hold the abilities and ethics of the NCAA so highly there isn't any past examples where they screwed up completely? Am I correct to assume that you actually DO believe Pitino when he says he didn't know about the prostitution and also about giving money out at UL?

Also do you agree with them when they didn't punish UNC for the academic scandal that was going on for over a decade?

The NCAA has shown poor judgment time after time throughout the years...time after time.

But okay, let's act like since the NCAA didn't find the smoking bullet, there isn't one...

can you honestly say there was a smoking bullet without seeing what the investigation had?
if your answer is yes the maybe we should apply that to every person that has ever been investigated

do a little work and educate yourself on what the NCAA actually said

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

This is what I've always thought also. Seems like Kentucky fans are guilty of selective outrage most often but all fans are guilty of it.

The NCAA is an organization of incompetent boobs or corrupt enablers until they investigate your guy or your program and don't find anything - then they're a beacon of ethical integrity full of elite investigators.

Reactions: jace46555
ADVERTISEMENT