ADVERTISEMENT

The true Champions Classic

Their statistics are nearly identical. I'm not sure how you could argue one has been far superior to the other. If you want to say Pitino inherited a tougher situation I would agree with that. But Cal didn't take over some elite team. And he's been here longer at this point. Its a toss up if anything.

pitino would have coach K type clout if he was still at UK at this point. You can’t really compare their stats to win pitino first came there.

pitino would have coach K type clout if he was still at UK at this point. You can’t really compare their stats to win pitino first came there.
This is a different argument, though. I agree with it to a certain degree. I don't know if it would be coach K like, but you would have to assume with the continuity and the prestige Pitino builds at UK for 20 + years would next maybe another title or two. Who knows. The fact is, Pitino left and Kentucky has won two titles since then. I'm betting Cal gets another before he hangs it up, as well.

Here.

UK-BANNERS2.jpg

UK-BANNERS.jpg

/Who hung more banners?
Looks so much better since they painted the ducts. That rusty red/orange was hideous.

Reactions: RunninRichie
So you keep getting beat by teams with less talent? Outside of when you play each other when is the last time duke or uK played a game in which they were less talented than their opponent.

Teams with 3-4 freshmen in the starting lineup can easily be beaten by a group of talented seniors and juniors. It happens a lot. But the fact that Duke has been to 3 regional finals in the 4 years where we've had more than one OAD, leads me to believe that the current recruiting model is working just fine.

And doesn't everybody lose in the tournament? Who has had better success anyway?

Who has won more titles from the past decade than Duke? No one.
Who has won more titles this century than Duke? No one.
Who has won more titles since the field expanded to 64 teams? No one.

We're not going to bat a thousand, obviously. But we're still pretty darn good.

going on a field trip have to rememver to hold my toungue.i can **** up one field trip with one sentence.

over and over in my head is ;stay silent Michael"

Teams with 3-4 freshmen in the starting lineup can easily be beaten by a group of talented seniors and juniors. It happens a lot. But the fact that Duke has been to 3 regional finals in the 4 years where we've had more than one OAD, leads me to believe that the current recruiting model is working just fine.

And doesn't everybody lose in the tournament? Who has had better success anyway?

Who has won more titles from the past decade than Duke? No one.
Who has won more titles this century than Duke? No one.
Who has won more titles since the field expanded to 64 teams? No one.

We're not going to bat a thousand, obviously. But we're still pretty darn good.

U conn has more titles than you this century.

Uconn has more titles than AU's entire history.Keep hiding behind other teams and I'll keep pointing out AU basketball.

you are bringing up irrelevant stuff due to not being able to dispute any of my points. Sorry you can’t do better

Let's be open and talk about it. You have zero titles and one final four, you're attempting to talk shit to 8 titles and more FF than you can count.

Isyour only angle insecurity?

Let's be open and talk about it. You have zero titles and one final four, you're attempting to talk shit to 8 titles and more FF than you can count.

Isyour only angle insecurity?

I am not talking shit at all. I am making factual points that seem to get you butthurt. That’s your problem. Not mine

Two things have happened at Kentucky. We’ve stopped getting the very best freshman every year and we can’t get even our fringe guys to stick around long enough to become great college players.

Duke has the same issues. They’re getting more of the top guys than us. But having similar issues with transfers and fringe guys that should come back leaving. They did get hurt and Wendell Moore back. Both of those are a pretty big deal. Though other than Jalen Johnson they don’t have any other immediate stars coming in.

Nova has benefitted from the big East going basketball only. They had 1 30 win season and 1 conference title in 12 seasons of Jay Wright prior to the split, and have like 4 and 5 in 7 seasons since.

That is partially true about Nova. Yes, BE to all basketball has been great and although some consider it significantly weaker than the past versions of the BE (which conference isn't weaker than some of those years in the BE), one could also say the BE has also honed Nova for the tourney runs. Yes, Syracuse, UCONN pre-AAC years, etc. leaving opened the door, but it still is top 3 or 4 conference since realignment.

To me. the biggest reason for the Nova transition from good to very good is the change in recruitment philosophy. Conscious effort to go after players that will fit the culture more than just the talent. That said, like other coaches Jay swings and misses at a lot, but he hasn't even recruited a lot of guys that are great players, but he deems won't fit. In this run, Brunson and Spellman are the only 5 stars. Every one else has been mostly 4's, some 3's and even a 2 sprinkled in. They must buy into the concepts, play hard on defense, be able to guard all 5 positions on switches, and be able to shoot and extend the defense nd be willing to work to get better. He has definitely found a formula that works for Nova. Not everyone's cup of tea, but personally I like the results.

Reactions: Montana81
haha what a pos point.

i bring facts and you change to something else and move the goal post. The only thing we are discussing his John cAlipari under achieving and not getting the most out of his talent. Auburn is not relevant at all to this discussion

i bring facts and you change to something else and move the goal post. The only thing we are discussing his John cAlipari under achieving and not getting the most out of his talent. Auburn is not relevant at all to this discussion

Agree. Let's talk about who matters. UK.

ADVERTISEMENT