ADVERTISEMENT

The true Champions Classic

Is it too cliche to say Virginia and Villanova ranks right up there with vacated and virus as previous champs?

Reactions: jhmossy
I mean I have serious issues with uva but These two have basically been the best two programs the last 5 years. No? Meanwhile the one and done factories of duke and Uk haven’t been to a final 4 in the last 5 years.

They have done it. In 2016 they played the first of a H&H at UVa and Virginia won. Following year in Philly, Nova won.. great games both times. Fan bases would love to lock it in, but at least in nova's case there are a lot of games already commited.. 4 in the big 5 in phila, 20 BE games, the BE-Big ten challenge and now the BE - Big XII... add in a holiday tournament and maybe a cupcake to start the season, just not a lot of slots.

They have done it. In 2016 they played the first of a H&H at UVa and Virginia won. Following year in Philly, Nova won.. great games both times. Fan bases would love to lock it in, but at least in nova's case there are a lot of games already commited.. 4 in the big 5 in phila, 20 BE games, the BE-Big ten challenge and now the BE - Big XII... add in a holiday tournament and maybe a cupcake to start the season, just not a lot of slots.

I would definitely love to play Villanova every single year. UVA needs more high profile non-conference games and it doesn't get much better than Nova. Plus, I think playing a team like Nova exposes a lot of your weaknesses so you have things to work on for the rest of the season. Hope Bennett and Wright lock this up for the future.

I mean I have serious issues with uva

giphy.gif

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I mean I have serious issues with uva but These two have basically been the best two programs the last 5 years. No? Meanwhile the one and done factories of duke and Uk haven’t been to a final 4 in the last 5 years.

Duke and Kentucky are both much, much more consistent in March than Nova or UVA

# of times advanced to the Sweet 16 from the past 5 tournaments:
Duke - 4
Kentucky - 4
Villanova - 2
Virginia - 2

# of times advanced to the Sweet 16 from the previous decade:
Kentucky - 8
Duke - 7
Virginia - 3
Villanova - 2

# of Regional Finals from the previous decade:
Kentucky - 7
Duke - 5
Virginia - 2
Villanova - 2

Duke and Kentucky are both much, much more consistent in March than Nova or UVA

# of times advanced to the Sweet 16 from the past 5 tournaments:
Duke - 4
Kentucky - 4
Villanova - 2
Virginia - 2

# of times advanced to the Sweet 16 from the previous decade:
Kentucky - 8
Duke - 7
Virginia - 3
Villanova - 2

# of Regional Finals from the previous decade:
Kentucky - 7
Duke - 5
Virginia - 2
Villanova - 2

We are looking at titles and finals 4’s here the last few years. Start building teams for the long haul again and maybe we would have more respect for you. Duke in the 90s and 2000s was respectable. 3-4 year guys coming up through the ranks. Great team basketball. Then coach K sold out.

We are looking at titles and finals 4’s here the last few years. Start building teams for the long haul again and maybe we would have more respect for you. Duke in the 90s and 2000s was respectable. 3-4 year guys coming up through the ranks. Great team basketball. Then coach K sold out.

How many FF's has Auburn been to? Choose any time frame you want.

Reactions: ceilo77
Something changed for duke and uk post 2015.
Since then:

Tourney wins:
Nova 14-2
UNC 14-3
Gonzaga 12-4
Kansas 11-4
Virginia 10-3
Kentucky 9-4
Duke 9-4

Record:
Gonzaga 161-21
Nova 153-30
Kansas 149-31
Virginia 141-32
Kentucky 140-39
Duke 139-40
UNC 135-51

From 2009-10 season to 2015
Tourney Wins
Kentucky 22-4
Duke 17-4
Kansas 14-6
UNC 10-5
Gonzaga 8-6
Virginia 3-3
Nova 3-5

Record
Kentucky 190-38
Duke 185-36
Kansas 183-38
Gonzaga 179-34
UNC 156-64
Nova 141-61
Virginia 135-64

That's not saying much Junior. You want a seat at the big boys table and it's not happening right now, matter of fact it won't happen in your life time.

i do be care to air with you dipshits at all. I will continue to own you though

Translate your first comment. As for owning anyone, you're not smart enough.

You join every thread I am in I absolutely own you. I wasnt even discussing your fake university in this thread and of course you respond to me. I own you in every way.

I am much smarter than you. You are sidewalk clown that couldn’t even get in to a decent school.

You been stuck on stupid for a while but that loss to UVA has done a number on you. You may wanna call your PCM so you can get some help.

With a post title like that, I expected there to be about a tournament featuring Virginia, South Carolina, Auburn, and Tennessee.

Whatever it takes to wins championships. These two programs definitely know more about that than Kentucky does recently.

I am think I am done going after uva. I am at piece now. More fun to poke the circle jerk of blue bloods

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT